3D designe - "Predator"

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Hello everyone , this is my 1st post on the esf forum , and i want to show my latest project here :smile: . Started 4 days ago , i was inspired by "Aliens versus Predator" the movie , And after that i decided to model my predator for my own small movie .

Software used : 3DsMax5 , Brasil rendering system 1.2 (used Max'sVideo Post to make the laser )
Copyright (C) Dave Anderson , 2004

p.s : this is not for game dev. this is for my portfolio :)
Thanks to my friend Blaize for uploading the pic
------------------------------Pic----------------------------------

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
THAT IS VERY NICE =O
may i ask how many polies?
but damn THAT IS GODLIKE =O =O

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Like i already said its not for games , its for my portfolio and a video project
This is meshsmooth on IT2
Standart............|.........Meshsmooth IT2
Mask : 4,400..............|........... 34,600
Head : 7,900..............|........... 170,000
:)

Best answers
Wow, thats great. It looks very well made. Nice job. You gonna make the rest, and skin him, right? That would, and will still be a sweet piece for your portfolio. Again, very good job :) .

EDIT: lmao, I should of read more closly. Since its for a movie, of course your gonna make the rest :] . Thats gonna be one hell of a movie if the models look that good.

Best answers
That's one of the most beautiful models I've ever seen, Predator is way sexy. Givvus a smooch :eek:

Perfect mate, I love it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
@ Saiga : Thanks alot

@ Demon_Kid : Yes model the rest and skin it , i am already skinmapping it my maps are 4034x4034 - head . But also i am learning how to Use Zbrush . When i am done i will use it on this model , it will give more life feeling to it. Also gonna put a few bump maps - Exp : on the mask , cause its suppose to be like hard metall .

@Fatal_CobraX : Thank you for that clip , but i already saw that on WWW.avp-movie.com :yes:

@Kurachi : Thank you

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
may i ask you if you worked at doom3 to?
damn that rocks, almost real............................creepy

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey! you made my auntie! :D

No wait, *looks at title and reply's*

Its a predator, nice job, really, that is really good. :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The helmet and the head are done . Now i am experimenting with new camuflage styles for the predator's invisibility system .
and here is a update:
"1st is a normal predator , 2nd is predator trying to camuflage (lightning is a max plugin , laser is max'svideo post) 3rd - he is camuflaged"

Copyright (c) Dave Anderson , 2004

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look GRRRRRRRREEAT!, lol, Can We See An Example Of What The 3rd Looks Like With A Picture Or Backround Behind The Helmet?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Here is the camuflaged predator with the BG (Note : Bg is not made by me!!!)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you should give the elmet another texture for when he is visible... he looks like a n00b pred with a shiney new helmet :p

also, im gonna take a leap and guess your animating it, otherwise his teeth would have gone through the helmet right now...

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm Sure He'll Skin It, Mybe Not Right Away But He Prob Will, Btw The Camuflaged Pics W/BG It Awsome Man!
I Went And Saw Spiderman2 Again , When I Came Home I Relized AVP Was Out...Felt Like A Totall Idiot :S

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Almighty_gir said:
you should give the elmet another texture for when he is visible... he looks like a n00b pred with a shiney new helmet :p

also, im gonna take a leap and guess your animating it, otherwise his teeth would have gone through the helmet right now...
The mask was designed before the face , i already tryed animating the mouth of the predator in the mask and without it , the results turned out better than i hoped , so no point in worrieng about that :)

The color of the mask is a simple chrome effect (max's map) its not skinned it , the skin must be metal but not fleshi , something like its 100 years old , but not 2 rusty .:idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom