$3459 for 3D Studio Max!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just browsing for 3D Studio Max and I wanted to buy it since I got some money from my aunt yesterday, however when I checked the price it said $3459!!!! No offense, but are they out of their freaking minds!?!?!! $3459 for a ****ing program!!!!! I could buy 6 XBox 360's with that!!!! WTF is wrong with them!?!??

This is where I got the info from.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was just browsing for 3D Studio Max and I wanted to buy it since I got some money from my aunt yesterday, however when I checked the price it said $3459!!!! No offense, but are they out of their freaking minds!?!?!! $3459 for a ****ing program!!!!! I could buy 6 XBox 360's with that!!!! WTF is wrong with them!?!??

Its a program that's usually used by game developers and people who make movies with cgi animations and such, and for them 3500 isn't such a big deal as it is to us, as they can earn millions with the products they make.

But there are other good programs out there which are far cheaper... milkshape, blender (blender is free btw), lightwave... all far cheaper then 3dsmax and yet you can make pretty cool stuff with them if you know how to use them.

Best answers
I got a studentlicence through my school. Think I had to pay €170 for it, not too sure though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anybody know what the fine is for having downloaded said program? o_o

Best answers
There is no fine so long as you own the original copy aka buy it, or just don't get caught, in any case downloading programs isn't supported on the forums so no speaka the software!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

It costs so much beacause developers can use it to make models for games and earn money with selling those games. Student-licences are cheaper but can't be used for commercial use.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In england, the fine is a MINIMUM of ?5000, with a minimum 6 month jail sentance, for downloading any form of professional software. i believe the courts considder it the same as stealing a mans tools, which is worse than murder (taking away his ability to work/his livelihood).

that being said, student licences are pretty cheap.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just.. on a sidenote. I don't actually have the program. :p Had the demo version once (what's it called again?) and couldn't figure any of it out. No thank you, I'm fine with just Photoshop. :)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting enough, the link provided was for 3D Studio Max 7, and was priced at $3,459, which happens to also be the same price as 3D Studio Max 9.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Companies like them (esp Adobe) know that they can get away with charging that much since they know companies will pay for it. It's kinda retarded and screws end users, but they turn a profit doing it so....imho they should release different versions. 1 for normal end users for a few hundred bucks, and the corporate liscense. I lot of companies are doing that these days.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
adobe do that. the Creative Suite range is like, ?569. and the Elements package is ?159

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh I've downloaded it and am using the demo version, I personally don't see anything wrong with it, seems like the real thing. Are there any restrictions in the demo?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just that it craps out after 30 days and you can't use it anymore ^^

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh just set your clock to 1980 and you will be fine :)

Best answers
Meh just set your clock to 1980 and you will be fine :)
HEY, WHERE THE HELL DID WINDOWS XP GO?! WHAT THE HELL IS WINDOWS 3.1?! :D

Heheheh, funny scenario if it could actually happen. However, setting your computer clock to 1980 can cause for programs to not function properly if they use the internet, because they can't sync with other computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom