The forum fight club HQ

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
How do you join a faction? Do you have to request it or do you get an offer?

Also; Can I write in events from FC fights into my bio to keep a constant, ever changing storyline (kind of like wrestling)?
You may evolve your character as often as you wish. The hope is that characters will change upon every fighter they encounter. As Hwo mentions for himself, many of us are updating our Bio's continuously.

Factions are based on invites, rules set by the founder. You may found your own faction, if you think you can have enough people by your side.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Cucumba said:
You may evolve your character as often as you wish. The hope is that characters will change upon every fighter they encounter. As Hwo mentions for himself, many of us are updating our Bio's continuously.
*nodnod* I update mine after every battle, sometimes even once a week

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Questions on smack talking:

1. Is it done in character or as ourselves?
2. Is it supposed to be for the other members character or for the other member themself?
3. Does it count towards the scores at the end of the first round?

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ravendust said:
1. Is it done in character or as ourselves?
2. Is it supposed to be for the other members character or for the other member themself?
3. Does it count towards the scores at the end of the first round?
1. As your character
2. Thier character
3. Sometimes ie the refree thinks your rounds are evenly matched and it might be a draw so he might go to your smacktalk if its really good he'll give it to you.But dont expect it to bail you out from poor posts it doesnt count too much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the smacktalk doesn't matter usually. If you write a great round, and the other one only did good smacktalk.. Well.. You'll completely pwn him.'

*Edit*

Ps, I'd like a rules update.. I'm quite confused on the rules, as some people say this and others say that. Can anyone grant that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the rules are pretty clear, but then again I've only been fighting in the rumble and the one random forum competition.

It's hard to balance because really I see every fight as a team writing effort, not a fight. If you read Engar and I's posts in the rumble you will see that we are constantly spawning new scenes off of one another.

It's easy to create a powerful character. Hell, if you look at mine, he seems pretty unstoppable. But if anything that's just his gimmick; that he keeps coming. And the thing is, though my character is very difficult to hurt, he has plenty of exploitable traits that don't necessarily count as weaknesses, but still help the other fighters involved come up with good story.

You'll also notice that my character's moves are more as impressionistic things rather than massive attacks. Even the way my character takes a hit is designed to give props to him (see the scene in my Forum Competition fight where Brim javelins Pride through a car's backseat with a tire axle, for example). When I write my mission is always to make the fight as interesting as possible. Winning or losing is almost never on my mind--in fact many of my posts in the rumble have ended with my character being on the ropes.

The irony here being that currently, my character is dead. lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The rules . . Are . . Not . . Clear . .

Trust me, they need an update. I've heard from someone that I need to have 2 attacks from me, and 1 attack from my opponent in every section of my post! And the rules state that I can't have more than 2 and 1! I find it very confusing, so . . Would it be too hard to update it? Or give a brief update here?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is the rule concerning that.

You must make TWO attack "runs" (a hit, or chain of hits that are grouped together, a combo if you will) that are SUCCESSFUL AT SIGNIFICANTLY HURTING YOUR ENEMY. Your must grant ONE SUCH ATTACK RUN to your opponent THAT SIGNIFICANTLY HURTS YOU. You may make any number of attacks that have minimal or lack of effect. You may also increase this to three or more, but you must give your opponent one more for every additional run you make.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Cuc, personally I think it would be a wise idea to rewrite the rules and sticky them. Alot of people are still running from the old rules and they have changed a bit. Just so everyones clear on the concept y'know :p

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Kelesk, the rules have been chopped and changed so much that a lot of the new fighters aren't too sure which have been altered, (myself included) I think you should make a new sticky with a list of the current rules, and each time something is changed just edit the thread. You should probably close it so people don't post their ideas and confuse the thread like this one has been.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure where you are finding the old rules o_o

But I'll make an attempt to clarify them.

Best answers
The thing about that rule is...it is put in place so that the fights are evenly written. If that rule wasn't in place it would result in one sided posts which are no fun to read. I basically look at it as a guideline more than a rule.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I'm not sure where you are finding the old rules o_o

But I'll make an attempt to clarify them.
I've been telling Avenger odd rules that he has been unsure of for some time now :scared:

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you read the first post in this thread, the rules are the old rules, things like the post within 24 hours rule are still there. I'm not sure if its just me, but I'm too lazy to read through 4 pages of a thread to find every little adjustment. I just read the first post and picked up the modifications from talking to people. A well maintained 'Rule' thread would help everybody.

Lord of Chaos
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
If you read the first post in this thread, the rules are the old rules, things like the post within 24 hours rule are still there. I'm not sure if its just me, but I'm too lazy to read through 4 pages of a thread to find every little adjustment. I just read the first post and picked up the modifications from talking to people. A well maintained 'Rule' thread would help everybody.
*nodnod* My point exactly

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I edited those some time ago, it's possible the Forum defaulted to a "save" point and erased my edit. I'll fix it soon.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
13 days later and I'm still busy enough that I can't attend to the issue. Be patient, not everyone has the luxury of being a student, single and/or unemployed.

Best answers
It's been 6 years now though. Surely some sort of spare time has been available. : )

Actually I wanted to suggest a "rule", but I'm unsure of where to suggest it, so now I put it here. Thought this thread could use a bit of activity as well. ; ) Not sure if there is such a rule like this, and I haven't been able to verify it.
The rule is as follows; both contestants must be done, and ready to publish their stories before the challenger posts. Then the opponent must post his within a reasonable amount of time, which could be discussed between the contestants. I'm not sure if there should be a penalty for not following it, as I see it more like a suggestion than a rule, really. As it is now, the challengee would be able to take any amount of time after the challenger has posted, to post his, leaving alot of room for changes made after reading the opponents story, which in my humble opinion is kind of... Not cheating, but rather unfair.

That might just be me, but I'm sure that someone else must feel the same way... ? Or I might just be a cry baby, I don't know. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom