3 Short Topics( Gravity/ CrashBug/ Default_Fov )

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Mmk

Gravity:

Since their has been an increase in speed for the game.. I think the gravity also needs an adustment, this way you done people yelling WEEEEEEE as they glide all the way across the map..

I tested some settings .. the one I liked best was sv_gravity 1,300

Note: I also had an idea to suggest, that each map could have it's own unique gravity.

-------------------

CrashBug:

Whhile the game is loading up or just opening.... if you just happen to tap esc the game will crash..

------------------------

Default_fov

Its missing where is it !?! Even when cheats are on.. the command doesn't work. ( Harsens!~ REPENT~ for YOUR EVIL~)

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
the only suggestion i cared about was unique gravity. its fine the way it is now, but it would be cool to have very low gravity on the other world tournament and slightly higher gravity on ROSAT. stuff like that.

there was a similar suggestion that certain maps would have effects to them, such as ROSAT building your PL very slowly while you play.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Mmk

Gravity:

Since their has been an increase in speed for the game.. I think the gravity also needs an adustment, this way you done people yelling WEEEEEEE as they glide all the way across the map..

I tested some settings .. the one I liked best was sv_gravity 1,300

Note: I also had an idea to suggest, that each map could have it's own unique gravity.

-------------------

CrashBug:

Whhile the game is loading up or just opening.... if you just happen to tap esc the game will crash..

------------------------

Default_fov

Its missing where is it !?! Even when cheats are on.. the command doesn't work. ( Harsens!~ REPENT~ for YOUR EVIL~)
Gravity: Sounds nice

Bug: Use mantis thats why its there.

Default_Fow: Was disabled totally if i recal correctly.

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont agree with diferent gravitys, that would make people to prefeer some maps over others.

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Standardization is good. We shouldn't have different gravity values for different maps.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Put Back Default Fov Please!~~~~ Its A Great Tool For Making Videos!~~~ MAKE IT A CHEAT ~~~~ SO ITS DIABLED DRUING GAMEPLAY!~

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the gravity idea, ive had some fun messing with it myself.
Maps having higher/lower than normal gravity isnt such a bad thing. So what if people prefer some maps over others - thats what happens when you have choice. I already prefer maps over others, regardless of their physics, so whats the difference?

Although i imagine it would be a pain in the arse to implement - im not exactly certain, but i dont think you could put this information in a bsp, the game would have to know what map is open and set the gravity accordingly, something I can see to be problematic when individuals make new maps. The game code would have to be revised per new map :S

Also humour me - what is the default_fov cvar?

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't have different maps using different gravity values if you want ESF to remain skill based. I don't want it to get to the point where people are complaining when they lose a 1 v 1, saying that they would have won if they were playing on a different map. It's already bad enough in 1.2 with people complaining about map brightness =/

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats true, people are a fickle bunch when it comes to their ego. I have trouble reading arrows on some lighter patches of sky, and I imagine a lot of players salvage their pride by blaming things like that.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats true, people are a fickle bunch when it comes to their ego. I have trouble reading arrows on some lighter patches of sky, and I imagine a lot of players salvage their pride by blaming things like that.
Meh i just look straight at the nearest wall and see them fine there.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Gravity is useless anyway. 90% of the time you fly and flying across the screen doesn't do many favours. And fall damage is maxed at 10 so it doesn't really matter.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Thanks alot harsens =]

Gravity is useless anyway. 90% of the time you fly and flying across the screen doesn't do many favours. And fall damage is maxed at 10 so it doesn't really matter.
90% my buns..

Gravity is what detemines the effectivness of Gliding/drifting(pro method of saving ki) and beam jumping.. both of which could ruin gameplay if not carefully adjusted >.>

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Gravity is what detemines the effectivness of Gliding/drifting(pro method of saving ki) and beam jumping.. both of which could ruin gameplay if not carefully adjusted >.>
Exactly, which is why it should be a constant across all maps so that the game remains skill based. You'd ruin the game, Jinx.

The Brain Freezer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
of corse it would ruin the game. I hate ecx because of its swoop speed, making high gravity maps would have the same consequences and would make me hate them too.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The reason for raising gravity.. would to give more of a esf 1.2 drifting feeling...

currently it feels as if the gravity is LOW, because of the higher speed and momentum

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, the current speed values in 1.3 have little baring on what they'll actually be when 1.3 is released. The game still needs to be balanced, man. Don't go suggesting archaic ways of fixing something that's not even broken because it's not complete in the first place.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
have you even tested sv_gravity 1,300 yet? it suits the current speed... if they tone down the speed.. maybe they could increase the gravity abitz if its changed..

sub

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
God damnit Jinx. The current speed has nothing to do with what the speed will be when 1.3 is released. It's a bad idea to have every map use a different gravity value. Please, drop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom