• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
I started a new gohan model, after i had to stop modelling the old one.
1 hour work, just the torso

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uhm, looks fine? =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
too early to crit , do some more

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, not to down you or anything, but model more than half of a torso and then look for some critique's. There's no rush, and so no reason you should post something that undeveloped.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Made some progress, not much , but a little bit...
Hope you guys can crit it now :D

Best answers
Ryokeen said:
Made some progress, not much , but a little bit...
Hope you guys can crit it now :D
Looks good for your 2nd one:yes: . (YAY! me finally figures out how to make body look good! now im gettin' back to modelling.;D )

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Looks pretty good so far

Best answers
poor poor child.. go get 3d studio max >_< and no affence but i got to be honest with you that isnt very good. enless you were trying to make the world's best cobweb effect.

Best answers
Jasonc said:
poor poor child.. go get 3d studio max >_< and no affence but i got to be honest with you that isnt very good. enless you were trying to make the world's best cobweb effect.
Cobweb effect? OMFG! You just won $1,000,000! It's called a wireframe. Also it's his second model and it's actually quite good. Let's see how a true master with 3ds max models. Go on show us.

Ontopic: Nice model. Keep up the good work.

Edit: @ Jasonc
I hope you are proud you're smarter than the teletubbies. But barely. Just barely. Sorry about this but I just had to. Next time I hope you do research before you decide to critisize on wire frames. I'll remove the pic if you want.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeez buddy, you've never heard of a wireframe? Its a way to view a 3D object where you can tell how dense it is in complexity and detail. You normally want to aim for a low number. He could show you a "smooth-shade" which is what you see normally when something is rendered.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jasonc said:
What the hell are you on?...

Ryokeen, dont listen to him, Milkshape3D is more then enough for you to start with.
I'm for one one still using MS3D ever since I started, 3DSM doesnt fit to all people...
Stick with what you are comfortable with :smile:

Doing good so far man! keep it up =D

Best answers
No.. its called un acurate modeling.. yes.. it's a wire frame yay great.. but its messy as ****.. and this is why esf is a bad place to talk to modelers.. since they DONT KNOW WTF THEY ARE ON ABOUT

Best answers
Before critizing and breaking down other people's work, take a look at your own work first..

Looking good, you might end up with too much polies in the end (if you're doing this for ESF or some other HL1-based game).. Also keep the polyflow in mind, some edges need some twisting so it will look a lot smoother.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Finished the leg (i hope).
@Jasonc : I post flatshades Renders and wire , because i think on a smooth shaded render you can't see the structure and can't say whats wrong with it, or why some parts aren't looking very good.

I hope it won't get to high poly, i'm aming for something around 1700 -1800 Tris. Atm it has 760 tris

Best answers
Jasonc said:
they DONT KNOW WTF THEY ARE ON ABOUT
look whos talking, he's followed the silhouette of his reference and is clean and uniform all the way down. Good start Ryokeen, jus keep it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is really good for a first model
jasonc.. just shut up... you have no right to say the modelers here dont know what they are talking about.. i've seen really great models here (still no Polycount quality though, ray and broli get close)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Super Veggeto said:
Stick with what you are comfortable with :smile:
QFT!

No.. its called un acurate modeling.. yes.. it's a wire frame yay great.. but its messy as ****.. and this is why esf is a bad place to talk to modelers.. since they DONT KNOW WTF THEY ARE ON ABOUT
Just Shut the **** up, idiot!

@Ryokeen: Looks quite promising, but he looks abot to smooth and full. gj though

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jasonc said:
Unaccurate modelling? He's following the ref as closely as he can, how can it be unaccurate? Unless your perspective of Gohan is different from his, WHICH OF COURSE IT WILL BE, and he has the RIGHT to ignore or recieve your comments (although most people here recieve, as most people dont have large self-centered egos).

How the hell is that messy? Sure, its a bit boxy, and he may have wasted some polys, but in no way AT ALL is it messy. Do you see 5 sided polygons? (Note that 5 sided polygons aren't even possible in MilkShape) Do you see any weirdly placed polygons? Do you see any weird shadows (And yes, it is possible to see them, even in flatshaded mode). I DIDN'T THINK SO.

On top of that, you claim that no one here on the ESF Forums know what they are talking about. Let me restate, you claim that no one here knows what they are talking about. Including the team members who made the default ESF models? Including people who have entered and won competitions? Including people who do this for a living?

I dont care if you meant it as a generalisation statement. Making a claim like that obviously takes time and effort to type. Therefore, you reread your claim of our so-called stupidity plenty of times.

I hate it when upcoming modellers get treated like dirt. At least 99% of the community here are on Ryokeen's (<3) side.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Thank you guy after your statements and help, i want to thank you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom