2009 ModDB MOTY Awards

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, I was just checking those Upcoming mods nominee's, and personally I think the other mods are FAR more interesting than NNK in terms of originality, art design, atmosphere. I think I am going to keep an eye on those other mods. And the narrator has got to have one of the most annoying voices I have ever heard. Put some enthusiasm in your voice dude.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, did you read through the comments on the Best Upcoming Mod page? A lot of the commentators are pissed.

Either way, I was surprised NNK won. Especially considering the ModDb staff's attitude in the past toward anime based modifications.

I thought Cry of Fear or Airborne were going to win.

Last edited:
ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
CoF uses paranoia as base which is lame imho while NNK started with the default HL SDK, not even Spirit or something like that. Not to imply CoF is a bad mod though.
NNK won and thats great. period.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personally i think Airborne should of took the title since they actually worked on creating innovative and relatively unseen stuff such as false subsurface scattering shaders which has been unseen in any mod until that point. beggars believe how NNK won really.

ah well ce la ve!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tomorrow, the players choice mod of the year winners will be announced and I have no doubt that it'll be interesting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To qualify for the top 10, the mod must place higher than it has in previous years and must have had a significant update in 2009. Otherwise an honorable mention is given, which these teams have received:

PoTW: Goku vs Frieza on Planet Namek Much like Sven Coop Earth's Special Forces has been much like a brides maid for every single MOTY award feature, placing the highest in 02 and 05 with the remake on the way we expect great things to come!

when esf:final will go out,we be the mod of the year !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom