2006 Mod of the Year Awards

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I love ESF, but what have they done in the past year to deserve this award?
Make a fun game? Fun enough for a certain someone to be concerned enough about to get banned I suppose.

I'll be voting for esf.

And for those who want to compare ESF to other games. Like oh, say Garry's Mod 10. (Guess what that 10 is there for) there were 9 previous version made, and chances are there will be more with more updates.

Let's see, a company (valve) bought out that game.....so a professional company (that gets paid) makes a game...versus......ohhhhhh people who make a game on their spare time and have lives.

Yeah esf's a better game, they get my vote.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I bought Half Life for the soul reason that i could play ESF.

Hell im voting for it >=]

But some advertising is also a nice thing ;)

/goes prepair a newspost for esf-world/

MUAHAHAHAHA

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I guess i'll vote for ESF, even though I don't play the game anymore.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Pain said:
It was a g5 gaming mouse, or something like that. And they never sent a prize to any of the winners.
That hurts.. I thought you were the only one.

Best answers
!!!! Shame on you >_> You didn't have to tell us that. </3 you make me sad :( :( Very very sad.You could get a ban for that *CRYS*

-GuZzie

Best answers
Well if i get banned just 'cause i didn't vote for esf... well im sure the ESF guys aren't like that ^^

Best answers
I don't want you to cry Guzzie !!! :( It's just that i voted for esf last year (gret mod if i may add) but this year i want to vote for NNC they (we) have potential. Forgive me Guzzie !!! :'( lol :p

Best answers
Hard to vote for a MOD that hasn't released a new version in 2 years... Not looking to make waves, raise issues, or push for a release. Just giving my two cents.

Hard to vote at all for an award that doesn't give out its prizes.

Hard NOT to vote when Puff Daddy's got a gun in your face, though...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sub said:
I love ESF, but what have they done in the past year to deserve this award?
Actually, the past year has had the most progress imo. But with such a long time between releases, I doubt we're gonna score as high as before.

Best answers
Awww,lets be optimistic about things :) All we need is to get people to vote XD Just get on Msn and tell all your friends to vote!! Go to your school library and scream out!! GO TO THIS SITE AND VOTE FOR ESF!! Do what ever it takes!! Change you Ip and keep voting !!! JUST VOTE FOR ESF!! DAMIT!! WE'RE GOING TO TAKE IT HOME!!

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
Awww,lets be optimistic about things :) All we need is to get people to vote XD Just get on Msn and tell all your friends to vote!! Go to your school library and scream out!! GO TO THIS SITE AND VOTE FOR ESF!! Do what ever it takes!! Change you Ip and keep voting !!! JUST VOTE FOR ESF!! DAMIT!! WE'RE GOING TO TAKE IT HOME!!

-GuZzie
i got 150 votes available allready and thats only the yahoo list :D

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd vote for esf if this were 2 years ago, when people were still around and clans still fought. ESF is a shadow of it's former self and I'm not going to vote for 1.2 nor am I going to vote for what everyone thinks 1.3 is going to be, especially with what I've seen (and haven't seen) thus far.

DoD: S get's my vote.

Oh, and FP, Sub was trying to steer 1.3's direction in the right direction, hence him being dissapointed in 1.2 which is the current version. Using your arguement, he has no reason to vote for the version he doesn't like. If Sub has to vote for esf, he should vote for the 1.3 we hope will exist.

@ Skiwan: Most of the people here can't play with what you guys have done so far, so they, too, shouldn't vote for what could be but what already is.

I'm still hoping 1.3 will be awesome, but reason is beginning to overcome me.

It's kinda dumb that you'd ask your friends (who I'm sure have never played esf) to vote for esf as it doesn't allow us to see how people truly feel about the game.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
It's kinda dumb that you'd ask your friends (who I'm sure have never played esf) to vote for esf as it doesn't allow us to see how people truly feel about the game.
The whole thing is a giant popularity contest. I'd rather have the competition judged by a few (hopefully) impartially people.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh i like ESF. And i also like 1.2

Sure 1.1 was better and better for skilled people. But i never realy was skilled. Heck i cant do a single planned anglehit unless the other guy is a total newb. All my angles against pros are pure luck.

With 1.2 i can do something i couldnt do with 1.1 and thats work round those traditional angles. Like teleport past them, turn round and get them from behind.

In 1.1 that was impossible due to a swoop delay. In any case 1.2 gets my vote. Besides im kinda getting sick of all the standard FPS games. ESF is atleast something difrent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom