2 computer issues

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every now and again for some unkown reason, everything on my screen starts to blur, the whole image, i've noticed this for quite some time now, but it doesn't always happen. Now when I switched on my computer after a week, it was horrible, much worse than before, I can hardly read text, like icons on desktop or almost anything else actually, it's also starting to hurt my eyes.

I tried looking at my screen refresh rate(heard it's got something to do with it), I set it to 75, doesn't make a difference. as i'm writing this message it's getting better but not much, oh and I don't have any other computer monitors to connect it to, to see if it's the monitor self.

So please anyone help me with this if you can!

Another thing, my computer has been getting slower lately, I defrag often(there are 0 fragmented files on my computer), I check for virusses often and I check my task manager for any programs that use up excess CPU, I find nothing out of the ordinary, please someone help me with this too.

sorry for the long message :p

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes screens are busted right out of the box if they are LCD or Plasma they can slowly degrade over time.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Where's is correct, you may want to try reseating your video card, and connection between the card and the monitor.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I encounter speed issues I attack typical solutions in this order:

1) Spyware/Malware sweep
2) Anti-vrius check with secondary scanner
3) Dust build up in case
4) Fan Death (Temperature Checks around the case)
5) explore possibilities of hardware malfunction, such as PSU, dying HDD, RAM, CPU, GFX card.

PSU death is difficult to diagnose without knowing electronics repair, or having a second PSU handy. Dying HDD's can be detected with surface scans, turning on SMART and other diagnostics that are widely available. RAM testers are also widely available. CPU testing is not easy, and I only do anything here if the CPU is undercooled or overclocked. GFX cards can be abused quite a bit, but again, there are numerous tools to diagnose problems here, especially in top end models.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aha thx i'll try those out, it can't be my psu I got a new one about 2 months ago, 550W and it's not working very hard, doesn't need to supply much power(1.8ghz CPU, geforce 6600, 2 year old mboard and 1Gig ram...yea lol) but thx again I'll check up on those things.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hi Mr. Bot!

The next time I see a widow, I'll make sure to promote your WoW powerleveling website by asking her if she needs any of her characters powerleveled.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pc's generally get slower with age because of the amount of updates and such on them. If Cuc's.. sorry Diebytheswords fixes do not help, I suggest a system format.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy **** guys. Maybe try defragmenting first? A fragmented hard-drive will slow things down a bit. :eek:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Download CCleaner. Open it > Registry > Scan For Issues > Fix Selected Issues = Fix?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom