1st person scouter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]Blade
I kinda like this idea, but I don't like it being only in 1st person, maybe just like another scouter mode. We have 3 atm, one more wouldn't be too bad IMO.

By the way, about that half screen stuff: cover your left eye with your hand... you don't have half the vision now do you? :D I think the scouter should get like 50% transparent fullscreen.
nice maths Blade ... but I think the scouter is already 50%transparent ... it's a colored wondiws .. then 25% transparent should it be

but I still don't think it's a good idea to add this ... if you've ever seen the Beta 1.1 outline ... the scouter will have a few modes

and I think, too that the range of the scouter is ide enough ... you shouldn't see all players in whole map

Best answers
why not have the 1st person scouter set to a certain key ? that way when u wana use the scouter u just click and it comes up in 1st person mode , when u let go/click again you go back to 3rd person ? wud save hassle of trying to fight with constant green screen and in first person mode ? and i'm sure its easier to code than what is has been suggested ( no offense ) SUPER KOOL IDEA THOUGH GUYS :D:D:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Nretep
nice maths Blade ... but I think the scouter is already 50%transparent ... it's a colored wondiws .. then 25% transparent should it be
Make that 75% transparent then... :cool:

What I'm suggesting is that it gets MORE transparent of course, because if the scouter would take up the whole screen with the current transparency, you wouldn't see a thing.

Best answers
sounds like a good idea :yes: maybe in a later version when they run out of stuff to put in they can put it in cause personally it sounds good andgives a more dbz like feel

Best answers
(sry if this already stated)
why dont you just make it 3rd person too.
+it shoes PL of person targeted in corner...
+ an arrow torwoard the direction of the strongest person on opposite team (FFA, strongest person) and have their PL above or bellow the arrow. hope you like ^_^

Best answers
First off, it would cover the full screen, your brain puts together input from your eyes by laying it over top of the other eye's input, not puting it side by side, this is why you can tell how far away something is.

Second, I think its a bad idea, but since its optional, blow your brains out!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah thats right psychodn, I was gonna post that but wasn't sure how to word it right. :)
Anyway, if having it take up the whole screen still bothers people, you could just make it so they can still have it the normal way in 1st person. But who normally uses 1st person anyway? It just makes the game more difficult, and it looks much better in 3rd person mode.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by psychodn
First off, it would cover the full screen, your brain puts together input from your eyes by laying it over top of the other eye's input, not puting it side by side, this is why you can tell how far away something is.
That's what I've been trying to make clear :p but your explanation is a lot easier to understand. :yes:

Mog

Best answers
i think it would be a bit wierd having a full screen scouter in 3rd person mode.
for one thing, it would just keep reading your own pl... useful i guess if your too lazy to look at the corner of your screen. :p
also, the scouter goes over the player's eye and it would only be full screen in 1st person mode cos thats the only way you would be able to look through it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the HUD in the corner could always change to look like the scouter's readout, but say the same things. Hehe. Nice loophole, eh?

Maybe it should work like a sniper scope. The screen blacks out and we just see a sniper scope-like interface.

Best answers
:idea:I Like This Idea... I Also Would Like Something Like This Aswell Maybe They Can Join It Up To Be Some Sort of A Super Scouter :idea:

Click here For My Idea

Thanks, Grunt:idea:

Best answers
Awesome idea!!! Why can't I think of cool ideas like this? :yes:

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I like the idea of the scouter in first person view. More people would definately use first person view. I would:]

Another thing that would make more people use first person view would be having hand models. That would really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom