1st ESF map! esf_cell_rest

Best answers
well yeah my first map!!!!
its when gohan and goku are resting for 9 days before they vs cell.....
its got the pond there house and lots and lots of destrucables... like the rock pillars some of the ground... and the big rock cave is completly able to blow up....
SCREENS*****

:shocked: :shocked:

:laff: :laff: :laff: :laff:

crits welcome please.....

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks rather bad, all you did was clipping in top view and add basic brushes.
Second, you used a namek texture in an earth map.

Sorry to be so harsh, but you have to come up with something better then that. You should try vertex manipulation, if you want better terrain.

Best answers
yes thanks ... vertex manipulations seems rather hard and i couldnt get my head around it..... i will press on to use that..... its my first map so i didnt expect alot!

Best answers
well... i may be a n00b mapper yet but i think it's too simple (because i never showed a map doesn't mean i'm bad ... but i'm practising to make very good maps )
just listen to the real mappers like dj ready, cold steel and the other GOOD mappers
offtopic: i'm busy with a map now ... but it's only basic without any vertex or clipping.. because i made it when i was very bad with mapping .. i wanna have it as basicly as possible :] ...... good luck :yes:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you like to learn more about vertex manipulation, you should try the triangle technique, for more information, check the tutorials about mapping at www.esf-world.com

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a good triangle technique tutorial here. Just experiment around and see what you can come up with. That's the best way to learn.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well honestly... good work. for your first map post that was very good. here is an idea. make a map with rough ground terrain(rocky, no grass) and then with land jutting out of it. that will spruce up the map your making now. plus for 1.2 users it will be fun and a challenge.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, we all gotta start somewhere. It may seem like a bunch of irregular pillars coming out of the ground to the untrained eye, but i see a new mapper for esf. And hopefully, this mapper will become great.

But seriously, less pillars next time.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow those are some high coments EfFeCt (all i got on the first 1 were crits :S )
but keep practicing and you'll see it gets easier whit evry map
( :laff: if you dont listen to me OK i only made like 2 maps 1 finished 1 only BSP lost MAP :laff: )

Best answers
thanks i really appriciate the comments....
and thanks for the tutorials...
i guess i will keep trying to make maps...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@majin prince
that site cant have a direct link to the pic, you've to link the whole page.
just to let you know :D

@ effect
good work for your first time, keep training and you will get to be a good mapper

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom