18 year old boy drives full bus from NO to Houston

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A new age Moses... setting his people free.

I think looting, in this kind of situation... needs to be categorized within boundaries of survival or greed.

Best answers
That guy has my respect.
I completely agree that looting needs to be categorised in this situation. I would be more than disgusted if I were to find out that this kid was prosecuted for saving 100 people. What else should he have done? Left the shcool bus so it could go pick up the kids the next day :rolleyes:

Best answers
I'd steal a plane and fly it. Not really but I would get on that bus if I had to. I'd probably steal it too i mean no one was using it right?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lets just say hypothetically some people that were sick or wounded werent able to get the help they need due to 1 missing bus >_>.

sure some people did get away from that because of him, but only the people in good enough shape to walk to the bus. There may have been people that needed to get emergency life-or-death medical attention immediately, but were denied this cuz their ride to safety was stolen -_-.

there are 2 sides to every coin, i just about bet IF they try to persecute him, this will be their course of attack. and i hate to be the black sheep here but i would agree with them.

Best answers
nuttzy said:
lets just say hypothetically some people that were sick or wounded werent able to get the help they need due to 1 missing bus >_>.

sure some people did get away from that because of him, but only the people in good enough shape to walk to the bus. There may have been people that needed to get emergency life-or-death medical attention immediately, but were denied this cuz their ride to safety was stolen -_-.

there are 2 sides to every coin, i just about bet IF they try to persecute him, this will be their course of attack. and i hate to be the black sheep here but i would agree with them.
Yeah i hadnt thought about that. Why was the bus abandoned then? I guess we will have to wait. He said that he stole it to the news so he will undoubtly plea guilty just the verdict depends. I bet its like a $250,000 fine and/or 5 years in prison. Or is that for copying movies o_O

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:

The bus was a school bus that was abandoned in the middle of the street, ready to go under water. This wasn't one of the buses transferring people from the Superdome to the Astrodome.

Also, people didn't WALK to the bus. The kid drove around picking up everyone he could.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then my post is moot, ill admit it ^^.

(extremely offtopic, but that dancing jesus dances perfectly along to slipknots "before i forget")

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ay man ur a dumbass if u think theyre even gonna have that young man prosecuted for saving peoples lives, id do whatever i can to help my family and if it takes a bus to help them then i might as well help others

nuttzy i think u just like kissing ass to authority either that or ur racist

Best answers
I think he did the right thing... I'll admit to be shocked if they were to persecute, but I'd also understand it if they chose to. He tried to evacuate some of the people of New Orleans... It's called being compassionate.. Not enough of that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome, this guy is a real hero. Saved a few lives, thats for sure.

(extremely offtopic, but that dancing jesus dances perfectly along to slipknots "before i forget")
Hehehe...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This kid is the man, he's got balls. Respect.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mystix said:
ay man ur a dumbass if u think theyre even gonna have that young man prosecuted for saving peoples lives, id do whatever i can to help my family and if it takes a bus to help them then i might as well help others

nuttzy i think u just like kissing ass to authority either that or ur racist
>_>, go back to school

my initial post stated that IF it was a bus they would have been using to evacuate people, he may have effectively killed just as many or more as he had "saved".

who is to say everyone that he picked up faced certain death? they were physically able to board a bus werent they? they werent THAT bad off. when there couldve been the same amount of people who wouldve died without emergency medical care but never made it to the hospital cuz they had no transportation cuz 1 little kid thought it was a good idea to steal a bus.

no doubt he had good intentions in doing this, but like i said IF the bus had been one they would've used to evacuate people that wouldve died without medical care he may have killed more than he saved,

(I come to that conclusion cuz of the fact that they were in good enough physical condition to board a bus. They were probabaly strong enough to last a little longer, as opposed to someone who may have been hit by a flying tree and needed emergency help or faced certain death. And I imagine people in that bad of condition would get top priority in evacuation and would cram several of them on whatever they could to get them out of there safely, ie the bus. but the people he picked up probabaly wouldve lived til more transprtation came along to take them out of there.

however since that was not the case, i acknowledged that my post was not relevant just before your post
then my post is moot, ill admit it ^^.
see? or did you forget to read it >_>,

i agree with the fact that he did a good thing after that fact that it was an abandoned bus was made clear, like i said however if it had been a bus they wouldve used for evacuating sick and dying people he potentialy could have done more harm then good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand your points, Nuttzy, and I mostly agree, but the bus was abandoned, and that's why he took it. If it wasn't abandoned, he might not have taken it. He probably saw it was abandoned, saw an oppertunity for him to help those people, and took it.

You also said that, the people he evactuated, might have been able to last longer, if they had stayed there. The keyword being "might", here, because of all the killings and rapings and such going on there, their safety wouldn't have been guaranteed, no matter how physically healthy they were. It is also true that these same people might not have been victims of rapes/murders if they had stayed, but if you compare living in a cesspool of violence to taking shelter in the Astrodome, where there's medical care and food, then the choice was not a hard one to make.

Sometimes helping others can be so easy. This kid did the right thing, IMO.

Best answers
Hay guyz lets all rip on Nuttzy even though he's admitted his argument was moot/void!

On-topic, this guy has earnt some respect from me.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory2/3334317

Here's another article on it. Some of the things they say is different from here. Apparently, the Police told him to get the school bus and try to get some people out of the city. And the people had little money, so imagine being packed in a bus full of 80 people with no food and an 8 year old baby in your arms crying it's eyes out.

This guy is a hero.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sacrifices must be made for the greater good, read that in a book once

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll be unfortunate if the kid gets charged for it.

But I think he did the right thing. What he should have done at the time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If he is thrown in jail instead of given a mdeal or some form of an award, then that is just going to be too much. But why are they heading to the astrodome? Is that one going to be trashed up too or will it be hadnled in a humane way?

Like Samuel L. Jackson said in SWAT, Sometimes doing the right thing ain't doing the right thing.

Best answers
I don't see why you're all praising him as a hero... He found a bus, took the time to help some people out of the city. The end. That's it. He wont be getting a medal, he'll be getting "thank yous" and maybe a beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom