The ESF Final is dead ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Hi all I'm a new member here I want to know something about this project is dead or not ?

I like ESF I'm a big fan but what's happening with this project why work so slow ?

We are in the year 2017 and this new ESF Final is never finish what happens ?

This project will ever be finished or will take years to be finished ?

What system req you need to play this games ? and how you play online ?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
The ESF Final Project is still Ongoing

The reason the progress has been going slow is because its a "casual" project. There are no deadlines or targets so the team work on it when they want to and when they get time.

There is no official spec info to run this game. Although i think Nvidia cards run the game better than AMD i'm still not sure on that.

If i had to take a guess on its release i would probably say the end of this year. That's my opinion.

This is a mod for Half-life 1. You'll need Half-life and Steam to run this game.

Last edited:
G-Bear
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Hi all I'm a new member here I want to know something about this project is dead or not ?

I like ESF I'm a big fan but what's happening with this project why work so slow ?

We are in the year 2017 and this new ESF Final is never finish what happens ?

This project will ever be finished or will take years to be finished ?

What system req you need to play this games ? and how you play online ?
It is quite dead, don't expect a release anymore.

They might surprise us, but mods that keep going for so long with no updates and no eagerness to finish it are usually doomed.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers

They might surprise us, but mods that keep going for so long with no updates and no eagerness to finish it are usually doomed.
Releasing it will be no surprise. Most people such as yourself have just drifted away due to being impatient. It's up to them when they want to release the game.
If you read the homepage you will see the latest update was the start of this year.

The ESF Forums is still up and running and so is the Discord chat server.

ESF Old Timer
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers

The only one who are doomed are the non believers.
What gives me the question WHY THE HECK ARE YOU STILL HERE??

@Demonu
CoreAlex allready said what is going on. But I as a beta tester can still say there are still new developments going on.
When I update the stuff then all kinds of new stuff have been worked on. So its not dead. The progress is slow as we speak but we can expect a release over time when it is finished.
At this point I can say a release at short time is a no go unless the devs are releasing it anyway what I doubt about that.
But on Discord we are willing to talk about it more and more. A lot of people are online there and from time to time we do a streaming as well.

This is the latest stream @ 28 March 2017:
https://youtu.be/sgGHq2L0FOY?t=12m4s

Best answers

@Demonu
CoreAlex allready said what is going on. But I as a beta tester can still say there are still new developments going on.
When I update the stuff then all kinds of new stuff have been worked on. So its not dead. The progress is slow as we speak but we can expect a release over time when it is finished.
At this point I can say a release at short time is a no go unless the devs are releasing it anyway what I doubt about that.
But on Discord we are willing to talk about it more and more. A lot of people are online there and from time to time we do a streaming as well.

It is very sad for this project to work so slow ok I understand this is a free project but why not accelerate this project ?

Why not add donate for this project ? I think many would donate who like this ESF

Wait maybe a year It's too much for this project and even then it is not known if it ends

Last edited:
G-Bear
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Wow dude, keep your bombvest on. I occasionally check ESF out of nostalgia.
@Demonu

No shit sherlock, when it's finished you can release it. However the question is what comes first, the devs being fed up with this project or a release. With the amount of updates given we can safely say that the passion for this project has died and the devs are quite fed up.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Wow dude, keep your bombvest on. I occasionally check ESF out of nostalgia.

No shit sherlock, when it's finished you can release it. However the question is what comes first, the devs being fed up with this project or a release. With the amount of updates given we can safely say that the passion for this project has died and the devs are quite fed up.
It will be released on May 13th

It is very sad for this project to work so slow ok I understand this is a free project but why not accelerate this project ?

Why not add donate for this project ? I think many would donate who like this ESF

Wait maybe a year It's too much for this project and even then it is not known if it ends
Please just wait one more month then you can play it

Last edited:
Best answers
What is with this arguing non-sens ?? .. HleV official sayed on onother post .. the game will be released sooner or later around 31 December 2017 .... search before talking .. have a nice day !!

Best answers
It will be released on May 13th

Please just wait one more month then you can play it
What is with this arguing non-sens ?? .. HleV official sayed on onother post .. the game will be released sooner or later around 31 December 2017 .... search before talking .. have a nice day !!
who's lying and who say the truth here ?

NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That's right boys. It's either before or after 31 December 2017.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
It will definately be released from now onwards

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Well the plan is a release this year. Coders are just busy with work atm, means there is little time to fix one of the blockers...the beam struggle code. Apart from that there is some refactoring going on aswell as some technical improvements.

Discord Member
Best answers
Ryokeen or anybody in command, could u please regularly update the moddb or the news page with whats going on recently so we can know, the saiyan trio thingy is gettin a bit old. U could say that you're having problems with the beam struggle, etc.

Discord Member
Best answers
Well the plan is a release this year. Coders are just busy with work atm, means there is little time to fix one of the blockers...the beam struggle code. Apart from that there is some refactoring going on aswell as some technical improvements.
Nice, are you saying you guys have all the models complete as well? Also, I was wondering if there was going to be an option to remove all the shaky camera business that is going on that I saw in the game-play videos.

Best answers
Interesting from what you said so far but why did you start this project if you are very busy If you do not have time to finish this project because dude this project is work very slow

And I do not think you'll ever finish it on the way this project works Is pretty sad with this game

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGAβ„’
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
They may not have been so busy when they started it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Models are not all complete
and yes you can disable the shaky camera

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Interesting from what you said so far but why did you start this project if you are very busy If you do not have time to finish this project because dude this project is work very slow

And I do not think you'll ever finish it on the way this project works Is pretty sad with this game
Whats wrong with slow progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom