Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Server not downloading required files for players

Default Server not downloading required files for players

Thank you by the way hlev I was able to get my server running because of you, but there is much more to do than whats in the tutorial. I will be making a dated tutorial soon .

Anyways, I was having a little problem when I add new characters into my server me or players cant connect because of missing .mdl model files. I can connect if I want to because I know whats missing and where to put it. (The models for the new characters are not in their esf>models folders) I wish to have it to where the files will download to their folder automatically upon connection.

Someone has suggested i'd try cl_allowdownloads 1 and I have but it didn't work, im not sure whether I should be putting that in one of the editable notepads in server folder or just running in server console but I did both and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

is there any error message? cuz while clients are connecting to a servser they will automatically download what the server has precached. and have u tried sv_allowdownload 1

Theres an error message for the player it says missing .mdl file "ecx.goku.ssj2 etc." But no server errors, yes i've tried sv_allowdownload 1 in server console
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

what the message exactly is? can you post a screenshot-.-

― Albert Einstein

: p usually its due to when clients are first time connecting to the server, they downloaded a damaged file because of some reason. let your friend try to find the missing file in his model/player folder

I have had a few people try it and they actually dont have the file and ive tested myself with removing my files and replacing them within my steam ESF

I can connect when I put the correct mdls in the folder,and cant when their not there. If i try to connect missing the mdls it doesn't make a new model folder for the new characters and just disconnects me.

--- edit ---

Maybe it's because I did not add the .classextension file? I looked in code and it has code that prechaces the models and character. Where would I put this .classextension file so my server loads it?

― Albert Einstein

.cxi and .core dont make sense for serser, they are just for compiling.

ive tried your server, but i got overflowed lol

shit im goooooooooooooing to watch Fairy Tail anyway xD

I also tried to connect to his server and i get a similar message "cannot continue without model models/player/ecx.goku.ssj2"

Does a HLDS server allow uploads/downloads?
    I thought if i had missing files the server would download and install them into my ESF Directorybut instead it disconnects me if i don't have them

Hey Jerry I fixed you not being able to connect it had to do with sv_region, but if you could try to connect and give me a hand with this missing model problem that will be great. And I will love you forever.

― Albert Einstein

Thread Information