Server not downloading required files for players

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Thank you by the way hlev I was able to get my server running because of you, but there is much more to do than whats in the tutorial. I will be making a dated tutorial soon :D.

Anyways, I was having a little problem when I add new characters into my server me or players cant connect because of missing .mdl model files. I can connect if I want to because I know whats missing and where to put it. (The models for the new characters are not in their esf>models folders) I wish to have it to where the files will download to their folder automatically upon connection.

Someone has suggested i'd try cl_allowdownloads 1 and I have but it didn't work, im not sure whether I should be putting that in one of the editable notepads in server folder or just running in server console but I did both and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

YEA
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
is there any error message? cuz while clients are connecting to a servser they will automatically download what the server has precached. and have u tried sv_allowdownload 1

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Theres an error message for the player it says missing .mdl file "ecx.goku.ssj2 etc." But no server errors, yes i've tried sv_allowdownload 1 in server console

YEA
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
: p usually its due to when clients are first time connecting to the server, they downloaded a damaged file because of some reason. let your friend try to find the missing file in his model/player folder

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I have had a few people try it and they actually dont have the file and ive tested myself with removing my files and replacing them within my steam ESF

I can connect when I put the correct mdls in the folder,and cant when their not there. If i try to connect missing the mdls it doesn't make a new model folder for the new characters and just disconnects me.

--- edit ---

Maybe it's because I did not add the .classextension file? I looked in code and it has code that prechaces the models and character. Where would I put this .classextension file so my server loads it?

YEA
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
.cxi and .core dont make sense for serser, they are just for compiling.

ive tried your server, but i got overflowed lol

shit im goooooooooooooing to watch Fairy Tail anyway xD

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I also tried to connect to his server and i get a similar message "cannot continue without model models/player/ecx.goku.ssj2"

Does a HLDS server allow uploads/downloads?
I thought if i had missing files the server would download and install them into my ESF Directorybut instead it disconnects me if i don't have them

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Hey Jerry I fixed you not being able to connect it had to do with sv_region, but if you could try to connect and give me a hand with this missing model problem that will be great. And I will love you forever.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Wouldn't want to start another post but i've added in sv_downloadurl and can now have players download models from the url, but after downloading they get an error "Client World Model is NULL" I could post a screenshot but that is the only thing it says.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I am just unable to fix the overflow problem it seems, could we maybe connect with teamviewer? that way you can test whatever you like as if your on my computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom