ESF: The Complete Player

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
1.2.3 maps are godamn small so its super easy to get caught near the ceilling even if you try not to.
Its unfair and theres no denying it but it doesnt matter anymore cause they will be gone in the final, plus maps will be super huge.

Best answers
In ESF: Final, I imagine EU players going to the edge of the map and dueling there lol. Still making dueling compilations near the skybox.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
In ESF: Final, I imagine EU players going to the edge of the map and dueling there lol. Still making dueling compilations near the skybox.
Wont work. the insta recovery can stop any and all wall juggling atempts as long as the player has stamina.

Warmachine
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers

We won't be dueling in ESF:Final, because the game does 90% stuff for you. It's a completely different game.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
Thats nonsense, the only thing they did was remove the double tap thing which was the right thing to do, you still have to angle etc.
Plus with the increased healths you wont be able to pull off cheap tricks like ceilling hits no more, making it actually harder to kill someone.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
We won't be dueling in ESF:Final, because the game does 90% stuff for you. It's a completely different game.
While i agree that it is a compoletely different beast compared to 1.2.3, the game does nothing for you. Actually its even harder than 1.2.3 ^^;

Warmachine
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
These two games shouldn't be compared. They're completely different :)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
They are different,but not completely.
You cant say its easier if you never played it.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
i can see it being a free for all for destruction, like ecx. More fun than competitiveness. Also wat will the player limit be in a server? i can see my fps going way out of control with the special FX

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
Just because its easier to learn and looks more fun doesnt mean it cannot be competitive, look at lol and dota.
ECX could be competitive if not for the infinite ki and the ability to insta kill someone with 10x melees ( which a lot of plp abuse )
Good for you, you played it and found it easier to play, but wait till it comes out and other people learn it , it wont be so easy for you then.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the only thing that ESF Final does for you is as you hold RMB your beams home in on your locked target... not much of an assistance since the players move WAAAY faster and the beams turn much wider :p

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
@Ceiling discussion.

The EU rule allow infinite hits as long as it's not straight up and down the ceiling (90 degree angle), with the exception of the ground (2 hits on the ground max). Although they seem to have changed a bit? Not sure when or how.

Yes, it's improbable to recover from but it also burns a lot of your opponent's ki allowing you to retaliate straight after unless it's a kill, and if you're caught out you risk dying. That's how most competitive games work if you're caught up in a bad situation you are punished by death instantly, most E-sports games work exactly like that now, e.g CS:GO & especially MOBA games such as League of Legends. You must be punished for your mistakes. It's not like you can recover from getting hit a second time in the air most of the time either, but I don't see people becoming whiny because of that, but suddenly when you take it further by expanding on your wallhits (game mechanic, intended or not) it's an issue?

It's not like you cannot do it to your enemy yourself, if you lack the skill or get caught more than the enemy that is your own fault. Another factor people forget is positioning and environmental awareness. If you're at the middle of the map you're usually fine, if you're above half you try to stay below your enemy so you can get ceiling hits off, if you're below half of the map you stay above to try to get ground hits off. If you're near a wall, you try to be the one that's furthest away from the wall it's all how you control your self and the positioning you have near your enemy and in your environment. It takes a lot of skill constantly being at an advantage over your enemy.

I was always surprised at the almost unanimous opinion here from the forum users when it comes to ceiling hits. From my experience people in-game (people who actually play the game) are a lot more casual and accepting of it. Before you say it's just Europe it wasn't frowned upon in the US, it just wasn't allowed in duels but most of the time that rule was skipped and people did roof hits in the US too.

The only Russian ESF fan
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Tbh even 2 hits on the ground is too much. I always do only one, aiming at the walls so that I could start doing wall hits. And I really appreciate the people who do the same.

Lol this is my first message after the hacker kid attack. Last time i tried to recover, the site just wouldn't send the password recovery e-mail ^^

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
*Blablabla I follow EU rules so I'm inclined to defend them with retarded arguments*
ESF is not supposed to work the way EU rules allow it to work.
You're supposed to catch the enemy more than they you, not punish or get punished for getting caught once per spawn. ESF is not like other games where you get one shot.
You cannot recover while being ceil-hit. It's absolutely irrelevant how difficult and what issues the enemy faces in order to successfully keep ceil-hitting you, you cannot defend against it and that is bad for gameplay. Rules that allow bad gameplay are bad. Anyone who defends such rules is quite literally stupid.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
You're supposed to catch the enemy more than they you, not punish or get punished for getting caught once per spawn. ESF is not like other games where you get one shot.
You cannot recover while being ceil-hit. It's absolutely irrelevant how difficult and what issues the enemy faces in order to successfully keep ceil-hitting you, you cannot defend against it and that is bad for gameplay. Rules that allow bad gameplay are bad. Anyone who defends such rules is quite literally stupid.
blah blah blah..

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Still people are actually enjoying it, ESF in general is not played the way developers intended it to. Pretty sure the developers intended for beams to be used a lot more but the game mechanics don't exactly allow rooms for that if you're against experienced melee players. Pretty sure melee wasn't intended to be that intense and constant, and everything else than basic melee being ignored but that's how it is. We adapt with what we're given.

You're supposed to catch the enemy more than they you
So you actually said that and have the audacity to evaluate the intelligence of others? Of course you have to catch the enemy more than they do to you how else do you determine a winner in a duel? If everybody hit each other the exact same amount, it'd be a completely pointless game. Maybe you meant something else though, if that's the case feel free to elaborate.

not punish or get punished for getting caught once per spawn. ESF is not like other games where you get one shot.
But that's what it's turned out to be, even with American rules you almost one shot someone for making 2 hits in the air, one on the ground and one fully charged gen beam while you're still recovering from the ground is pretty much all of your health.

You cannot recover while being ceil-hit. It's absolutely irrelevant how difficult and what issues the enemy faces in order to successfully keep ceil-hitting you, you cannot defend against it and that is bad for gameplay. Rules that allow bad gameplay are bad.
If you actually get caught out, near the ceiling with the enemy having FULL energy not needing to recharge, you've seriously done something wrong and being punished that hard is not weird. As I said, environmental control, another factor is control of your enemy's energy level. You want to have him under pressure so he doesn't have enough ki to do it in the first place.

Anyone who defends such rules is quite literally stupid.
People who make such statements need to be less narrow-minded. In addition it just happens to be the players with the best skill (regardless of roof hit usage) that know how to do it and don't hate it. I don't think you can judge someone's intellectual background based on whether they think this rule is fair or not.

Edit: I read wrong with the catching out part, but it doesn't really change anything else I said. Make mistakes in a game is often punishable, by death or not depends on how good the enemy is.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The rules allow exploiting. You defend such rules. You're stupid. It's really that simple, and your pathetic attempts to justify those rules by bringing up ridiculous arguments don't do you any favor.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒน Regular Rosรฉ
Best answers
You dont need a full bar to do ceilling hits, you can start off with less than that and charge inbetween.
I can understand not fighting near walls but avoiding ceilling hits when the height of the map is super small and 1 punch from below can make you bounce off of it when your 2/3 from the ground is almost impossible, especially when you cannot be near the ground as well because you can get roll hit and lose 80% of your hp.
There might be skill in doing it, but theres no skill in "baiting" people into it whatsoever and it doesnt even make sense, oh you managed to hit and outplay your opponent 5 or 6 times ? too bad you are 10 feet away from the ceilling and you died, better luck next time.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
The rules allow exploiting. You defend such rules. You're stupid. It's really that simple, and your pathetic attempts to justify those rules by bringing up ridiculous arguments don't do you any favor.
HleV my good friend..How is it exploit if the rules control the max amount of hits? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom