Dragon Ball GT is CANON

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Due to the fact that there are multiple universes in the Dragon Ball series now, it's possible that in another universe that there is a world where Dragon Ball GT happened. Due to this find in the latest Dragon Ball series we could easily say that even Broly or the Movies could be canon now as well in some universe. I'm waiting for them to say the Evil Goku is confirmed as well to be a real character.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Due to the fact that there are multiple universes in the Dragon Ball series now, it's possible that in another universe that there is a world where Dragon Ball GT happened. Due to this find in the latest Dragon Ball series we could easily say that even Broly or the Movies could be canon now as well in some universe. I'm waiting for them to say the Evil Goku is confirmed as well to be a real character.
Depends on how they actually portray the Saiyans of those universes. With the tournament between Berus and Champa it was shown that the Saiyans never left their home planet. Nedeless to say that universe doesnt have a Goku or a Vegeta because of it. And they only have 12 universes. So cnances are that we wont get to see the same characters that exist in universe 7 making everything you just mentioned roll back in to non canon land.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(Mostly made this thread to give hleV some fun) Now hear me out. They say they have sister Universes but what says they don't have Alternate Universes? Where instead of things going the way they did in Z -> Super, it goes Z-> GT. There is infinite possibilities at the moment with this. And we could be leading up to the Dragon Ball Multiverse deal, such as how they have their manga and everything they are drawing where Movie characters come into play and everything.
(I feel I'm trying to hard to get this over)

YEA
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i just heard that the author of DragonBall doesn't recognize DB GT, because DB GT is not his work, actually he doesn't recognize ssj4 transformation as well.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
  1. The universes don't have same people. They're similar in shape and contents (as in, same planets and races exist), but Goku and co. only exist in Universe 7.
  2. DB doesn't have any defined canon.
  3. GT is non-canon because it's a piece of shit.
  4. My user title.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(Mostly made this thread to give hleV some fun) Now hear me out. They say they have sister Universes but what says they don't have Alternate Universes? Where instead of things going the way they did in Z -> Super, it goes Z-> GT. There is infinite possibilities at the moment with this. And we could be leading up to the Dragon Ball Multiverse deal, such as how they have their manga and everything they are drawing where Movie characters come into play and everything.
(I feel I'm trying to hard to get this over)
They never mentioned parallel universes. They only mentioned the 12. And as such any more does not exist yet. (doesnt mean i cant join in the fun ;))

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Lol, you could be right. Beerus' wish from the Super Shenlong created a planet earth in universe 6, with a "SIMILAR CULTURE". Let your imaginations run wild ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
  1. The universes don't have same people. They're similar in shape and contents (as in, same planets and races exist), but Goku and co. only exist in Universe 7.
  2. DB doesn't have any defined canon.
  3. GT is non-canon because it's a piece of shit.
  4. My user title.
Well you see, I do believe that Bulma having a Sister wasn't in the Manga for Dragon Ball Super as well but she's considered canon through the Jaco Manga.

They never mentioned parallel universes. They only mentioned the 12. And as such any more does not exist yet. (doesnt mean i cant join in the fun ;))
I mean, you can only assume since both universes have an Earth, Saiyans, and such, so more than likely sister universes. And one of the 12 could easily be a parallel or alternate universe where GT exists. Multiverses are so great.

Lol, you could be right. Beerus' wish from the Super Shenlong created a planet earth in universe 6, with a "SIMILAR CULTURE". Let your imaginations run wild ;)
Indeed. Though I hated GT's story and don't truly wish for it to be true, I just enjoy these ideas. Rofl.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean, you can only assume since both universes have an Earth, Saiyans, and such, so more than likely sister universes. And one of the 12 could easily be a parallel or alternate universe where GT exists. Multiverses are so great.
Only 7th and 8th Universes are alike. The other universes are different.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Only 7th and 8th Universes are alike. The other universes are different.
Can you give me something to work with here? Oh! Here comes to kicker. The different part of those Universes is that GT is canon. Checkmate Atheists.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you give me something to work with here? Oh! Here comes to kicker. The different part of those Universes is that GT is canon. Checkmate Atheists.
Nope. Saiyans never left their initial home planet, humans destroyed the earth, and the Saiyans never went extinct, thus rendering half the plot for DBGT impossible, since Bebi would never have been created to take Revenge on the Saiyans. Remember in universe 6 the Saiyans are good guys and peace keepers. Thus the whole Bebi part of GT is out the window. Asuming Namek went the same way, the Earth was destroyed by humans before Kami landed on it and as such Earth itself doesnt have dragonballs.

A similar culture does not mean the same people.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Nope. Saiyans never left their initial home planet, humans destroyed the earth, and the Saiyans never went extinct, thus rendering half the plot for DBGT impossible, since Bebi would never have been created to take Revenge on the Saiyans. Remember in universe 6 the Saiyans are good guys and peace keepers. Thus the whole Bebi part of GT is out the window. Asuming Namek went the same way, the Earth was destroyed by humans before Kami landed on it and as such Earth itself doesnt have dragonballs.

Lets face it, Toriyama gave himself 12 lives. If the plot for universe 7 gets too out of of hand that people start disliking the story he will just use another universe as a start over :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

So what about this Goku black or Evil Goku people are going on about in Super that is supposedly from another Universe?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what about this Goku black or Evil Goku people are going on about in Super that is supposedly from another Universe?
Im not reading the manga if it was mentioned there, but as far as the anime goes, there was no such mention thus far.

As said only universes 6 and 7 were introduced and said they are twin copies as far as planets and races go. There was no mention of the others, only that they are paired up. 6 and 7, 5 and 8, 4 and 9 ... 1 and 12.

So my answers were baised on that knowledge. Universe 7 is the Dragonball universe and universe 6 is the one where Champa is from. And universe 6 is impossible as a candidate for GT due to the fact that earth doesnt even have dragonballs there, nor are the Sayians a conqueror race.

This means that universes 7 and 6 are out. We are still left with 10 of them, but from the way the 12 universes were explained there is a strong possibility that they are totally different to 6 and 7 and potentially dont even have the Saiyans a race.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here is this as well. Seems it maybe an alternate timeline.
Yea Toriyama kinda shot himself in the foot with that one. Basically the way Trunks explains time travel is consistent with the parallel world theory, where each decision a person makes creates a new world identical to the first with the only difference that the decision was not made. So come to a crossroad and decide to go right creates a parallel world where you went left instead.

But the whole 12 different universes idea throws that concept out of the window all together.

So as much as it pains me..... i must admit.... that going by the time travel theory Trunks uses there could indeed be a parallel world where GT happens. But the issue is that there are only 12 universes instread of an infinite amount of parallel worlds.

Damn you Trunks >.<

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT

But yea, there is an alternate timeline for anything that went different at all. Such as Ginyu not taking over a Frog. OR Ginyu not taking Tagoma's body. Maybe a Universe where Frieza reigns supreme. Well... Essentially the idea of the Dragon Ball Multiverse fan manga.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT GET REKT

But yea, there is an alternate timeline for anything that went different at all. Such as Ginyu not taking over a Frog. OR Ginyu not taking Tagoma's body. Maybe a Universe where Frieza reigns supreme. Well... Essentially the idea of the Dragon Ball Multiverse fan manga.
As said thats the parallel worlds theory. But the whole notion of there being only 12 parallel universes throws that concept out of the window. Its a gigantic flop in continuity.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As said thats the parallel worlds theory. But the whole notion of there being only 12 parallel universes throws that concept out of the window. Its a gigantic flop in continuity.
Well I think there could be a different time where those 12 universe still exist but one world could be changed. Just as DC and Marvel do with their stuff. Many different Supermans and Spider-Mans in different universes that are different because a change in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom