Best dbz game ever

Best answers
even being a mod, its the best dbz game i ve ever played since my childhood, i wonder why the dbz game devs dont take a look on this project and take some inspiration for the next releases.

Discord Member
Best answers
ii wonder why the dbz game devs dont take a look on this project and take some inspiration for the next releases.
I wonder that myself, too. Surely their interest will peak once Final is released - if it's a legit developer, they might even pick up the ESF dev team to help out :0 It has happened to other teams in the past (i.e. Portal, TF2, ect) so it is entirely possible.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because ESF isnt AAA material.

Sure you can add single player and a story campagin, but ESF has a big flaw in the form of the learning curve. Just a small difference in skill, can result in scores of 10 to 0, a large difference results in 100 to 0. ESF just expects to much of the player to be viable. And ofcourse its biggest flaw is that you cant really play it with a controller. DBZ games are marketed to consoiles as flashy fighting games. ESF is neither flashy, a fighting game, nor can it really be played to well on a console.

Best answers
Because ESF isnt AAA material.

Sure you can add single player and a story campagin, but ESF has a big flaw in the form of the learning curve. Just a small difference in skill, can result in scores of 10 to 0, a large difference results in 100 to 0. ESF just expects to much of the player to be viable. And ofcourse its biggest flaw is that you cant really play it with a controller. DBZ games are marketed to consoiles as flashy fighting games. ESF is neither flashy, a fighting game, nor can it really be played to well on a console.
The best thing in ESF for me is the free movement (ground and air), and you actually have to aim your beams to your opponent, i think these mechanics can make dbz games way more realistic and skillwise, instead of the actual "lock-on system" implemented since tenkaichi series.
the other mechanics such as melee combat is fine for me.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The best thing in ESF for me is the free movement (ground and air), and you actually have to aim your beams to your opponent, i think these mechanics can make dbz games way more realistic and skillwise, instead of the actual "lock-on system" implemented since tenkaichi series.
the other mechanics such as melee combat is fine for me.
As said. Those games are based on 2D fighting games. ESF is based on arena deathmatch style. Thats the difference. And just as you cant really play something like quake on a console to effectively, you cant do that for ESF. So the lockon mechanic is there to get that form of fighter in to 3D space.

Best answers
ye i got ur point grega, i think the devs could make this for PC only as a F2P online battle arena (Valve could possibly do something like that), that focus on teamwork and player skill (like if in our team we have a goku, we need to make sure the enemy dont melee him while he makes his spirit bomb,etc), and for game profit: adding well made skins (even with visual fx) in a virtual store that changes the character's voices, skills and animations( if the player desires the skin, he just buy it).

ps: ye im dreaming too much.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ye i got ur point grega, i think the devs could make this for PC only as a F2P online battle arena (Valve could possibly do something like that), that focus on teamwork and player skill (like if in our team we have a goku, we need to make sure the enemy dont melee him while he makes his spirit bomb,etc), and for game profit: adding well made skins (even with visual fx) in a virtual store that changes the character's voices, skills and animations( if the player desires the skin, he just buy it).

ps: ye im dreaming too much.
No money to be made in this game unfortunately, it's purely fan based. Copyrighted material :/
I suppose you can make money from the servers?

Last edited:
Best answers
No money to be made in this game unfortunately, it's purely fan based. Copyrighted material :/
I suppose you can make money from the servers?
yup no profit for the mod.
i was talking about a whole new official game release alongside Valve and FUNimation.(same as what happened to the warcraft mod "Dota" in to a new game title from Valve)

Discord Member
Best answers
Grega has a good point when he said that it isn't AAA material - deathmatch style games are seemingly out of style now; I'm struggling to recall a recent game that is similar to the arcade styles of DOOM, HalfLife, ect. And the learning curve is an issue, and unless a dev could find some way to balance this curve, they would never pour money into the project. If your game isn't easily accessible (and profitable) it won't be made. It's stupid and ridiculous; hopefully it is just an industry trend that will pass with time, and then games can go back to being innovative and unique instead of money making machines. ESF is the last of a dying breed, but I think this will help the game stand out even more. It will certainly deserve the attention.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I recently started playing ESF version 1.1 with bots and man it takes me back!

1.1 was the closest to being the most DBZ like when it came to melee combat because unlike 1.2.3 the enemies actually fly away further, i just created a game with like 12 bots and just watch them fight, it definately was the most best DBZ like multiplayer third person game

[video]http://plays.tv/s/KccO-Tsz5FwB[/video]
[video]http://plays.tv/s/KccPjrqGiw6v[/video]
[video]http://plays.tv/s/KccXMkUXfC_2[/video]
[video]http://plays.tv/s/Kcg7tpYroMIW[/video]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom