Do you guys still ned models ?

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I'm just wondering because this sub forum seems kinda dead :b and i have an itching to make a dbz model ^^

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Since i've gotten no answer i just started working on perfect cell. dont care if it's already made, he seems hard to make so far but with enough time i'm sure it will turn out okay.

Dont go too hard on me i'm a really new moddler :b also why i think you guys will proberly never use my model ^^ but it will be fun to have some feedback also i know the mouth seems wierd so far but until i can get some confirmation that they need facial animation. i wont be making that (much easier to an anime mouth with some textures :b)

*edited*

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
Definitely sir with a little bit of effort everything is possible. And that's some great progress there though.

And to answer to your question, yes, the team uses face animations. These days tech are pretty much limitless, so it's very rare to cover something with a diffuse.

And may we see the wireframes. From that it would be easier to help you out and evaluate anything further. Keep up the good work though! You never know and one day you might join the ranks! ;)

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well offcause but i plan to try an bake this model onto a low poly version :) Also do the hl1 engine have any special topology i need to follow?

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Ohh yeah it seems so :) i dont even know what their teamspeak is xD

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
You can join the server from this site, theres a link under the chatbox that directs you to the teamspeak

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
Well offcause but i plan to try an bake this model onto a low poly version :)
But your current model is already low poly, so what exactly are you planning to bake?

Also do the hl1 engine have any special topology i need to follow?
Well, none of the games have special topology these days. Very low poly models, where textures play a huge role, are not being used so often these days. Android/IOS platform may use low poly models with diffuse textures but generally talking, topology is meant to serve as a better way for helping the animations to look smoother. ESF team has tuned up GoldSrc engine a little bit, so I do not think you have to worry so much about poly count as before(if necessary, I believe you can go up to 12 000 triangles).

Some quick drawover to point you out some things I would change.

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The reason it's low poly right now is because i havent put on the subdivision modifier yet.

I didint see your notes before i started working but have tried to make the face a bit less flat. (will need more i can see that now :) )

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
The reason it's low poly right now is because i havent put on the subdivision modifier yet.
Fair enough. But what exactly are you planning to bake? Besides subdividing the mesh itself will just increase the polycount. Are you planning on sculpting within the editor you work with or are you planning to add details manually?

I didint see your notes before i started working but have tried to make the face a bit less flat. (will need more i can see that now )
Yeah, that looks much better, mr. Keep up it up ;). Just don't forget to round the face and try fixing the face topology. Some good sources to follow: https://mathewnapier.wordpress.com/2013/10/ and my favorite one http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/Monkey_Knife_Fight/EdgeLoop1.jpg

Last edited:
Best answers
Ohhhh Blender, that's nice.
A tips from me, dont use subdivisions, it will be alot better if you had it on the low poly division and modeled from there....atleast, that is what I would do!

πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I just feel like i can never get rounded edges without it.

Legacy
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
Discord Member
Best answers
Just check all the angles. Top view as well and 3/4 perspective view and try to round but keep the sillhouette.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom