My world of 2D and 3D art

Best answers
@CoreAlex: Who knows... women understand women and they hate each other :D I try not to give too much thought and such stuff

Well time to post some new stuff again. I recently got offered a job to model a 3D bird mascot and I'm also going to need to rig the model and make a short animation of it. I'm still waiting for the sketches before I start on the job so meanwhile I decided to practice.

This is my first ever character 3D model or pretty much first even model that isn't just a bunch of blocks (read houses).

I was looking on the internet trying to find some easy gaming character to try to model and rig and in the end I picked sonic. It looked easy enough :D
Well I soon realized it's not really that easy at least not for somebody who is doing it for his first time. My mesh is messy in a lot of places but at least I learned a lot about loop cuts, mesh flow, proper topology, subdivision surface, tightening the mesh and so on. My biggest problem is figuring out how to keep the mesh in quads everywhere especially where you want to join objects so you need an exact number of vertices. I guess it's just a lot of planning, experience just like any other thing in life.

In the end I'm very happy with my final result but I know it could be a lot better too. I modeled and rigged this in one day in Blender while watching tutorials and trying to figure this stuff out.

Anyway enough chit chat here are some renders.

Static pose:

Quick rig and a very quick pose just to see if I can actually manage to rig a simple model:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom