A beam struggle question

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The Solar Kamehameha was just a name to give it distinction in the games. But it is the largest Kamehameha wave in the series. It's a classic moment. Villains who adopted the technique (Cell and Buu) end up putting their own twist on it. Buu's KHH was pink lol

[video=youtube;WxcPkBDDW8E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxcPkBDDW8E[/video]

And to everyone who said beam jumping was irrelevant! Remember sometimes it's the only way.

[video=youtube;tfISB_qzxWU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfISB_qzxWU[/video]

Seems like a terrible waste to loose the ki you spent in an attack that doesn't even fire. The fact that you already cant move puts you at a huge dis advantage and such moves will not be difficult to dodge. What brought you guys to that decision?

And will stamina have any effect on blocking or deflecting a large ki attack?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know what a "Solar Kamehameha" is, but its pretty much bullshit, as its actually smaller than the one Goku used against Piccolo in the last martial arts tournament. Its the same technique used by a vastly stronger individual, that people felt like slapping a different name to in order to make it more "special".

That Beam jump situation is as canon as the fake Namek and the kids playing Space pirates BTW. That aside we are not throwing away beam jumps. We are just making sure they are a form of movement and not an attack style. They only work with generic beams and dont produce any explosions. So no more fully charged kamehameha jumps from the center of a group killing everyone who was there.

As far as the KI thing. Thats not changed from 1.2.3 You are doing an attack that has more destructive potential than melee, and have an option for pretty much instant charge of the attack. If you dont shoot it off, its your gamble to loose. Cause unlike the show, people will not just sit by as you charge the bloody attack >.<

Also stamina wont have a direct effect on blocking KI attacks. Though there is a system where you can use it to give your side of the struggle a boost. Though it wont really do much against an attack that is totally overpowering you. Its for those situations where you actually have the chance of winning, but are just short on KI/space to be pushed to and want to prevent damage. It functions the same way as the quick charge mechanic for beams. But directly it doesnt have an effect on your blocking potential.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You still have an uncanny way of expressing an uncanny fairness when it comes to the game's mechanics. I'm sure everyone will be glad with the changes to beam jumping.

I like that you guys are extending the use of stamina to other functions in the game. Keeping Ki and stamina in check is going to add another dimension to combat and personal management. Always got rough waiting for a PS to comeback after running out of ki in a struggle, but I noticed that you guys have the beam heads speed up after a certain amount of time has passed in the struggle. Good idea. Will keep the game fast paced.

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
I know what a "Solar Kamehameha" is, but its pretty much bullshit, as its actually smaller than the one Goku used against Piccolo in the last martial arts tournament. Its the same technique used by a vastly stronger individual, that people felt like slapping a different name to in order to make it more "special".

That Beam jump situation is as canon as the fake Namek and the kids playing Space pirates BTW. That aside we are not throwing away beam jumps. We are just making sure they are a form of movement and not an attack style. They only work with generic beams and dont produce any explosions. So no more fully charged kamehameha jumps from the center of a group killing everyone who was there.

As far as the KI thing. Thats not changed from 1.2.3 You are doing an attack that has more destructive potential than melee, and have an option for pretty much instant charge of the attack. If you dont shoot it off, its your gamble to loose. Cause unlike the show, people will not just sit by as you charge the bloody attack >.<

Also stamina wont have a direct effect on blocking KI attacks. Though there is a system where you can use it to give your side of the struggle a boost. Though it wont really do much against an attack that is totally overpowering you. Its for those situations where you actually have the chance of winning, but are just short on KI/space to be pushed to and want to prevent damage. It functions the same way as the quick charge mechanic for beams. But directly it doesnt have an effect on your blocking potential.
If I remember correctly in one of your videos there was a quick kamehameha with ssj3 goku flying to another beam for a PS

--- edit ---

If I remember correctly in one of your videos there was a quick kamehameha with ssj3 goku flying to another beam for a PS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcuUsCyy0w&feature=player_detailpage#t=88 this one

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
There is only full charge. No low charge.

And while there are ways to make the charge time practically 0 (not for all beams mind you), those ways come at a cost, that may be quite high for continued play. IE a hefty chunk of your stamina.

As Grega said here on the previous page. You can use a chunk of your stamina to quickly charge signature attacks like Kamehameha. Which is what SSj3 Goku does in that video after overtaking that beam in a game of speed.

GUDDAMNIT that has to be one of the coolest moments ever caught on film seriously. I hope you can race beams like that in Final.

🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💠 Sūpā Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yeah, it was so cool !

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I was utterly amazed that such a thing is possible. The maps gotta be huge and you have to move FAST and charge FAST to pull off a maneuver like that to make such an epic moment. I hope there is a decent height limit to the maps, ass every DBZ game has suffered in that sense. Ah yes. Waiting for this mod is probably the greatest anticipation I've had in my life. Sure it's just a game. But the experience of this mod still shines as brightly as it did the first time I played it. And even though I didn't understand the concept of fighting in a full 3d environment where you can fly and move as fast as your reactions let you, it's freedom was pure and simple.

Beam struggling was also done well. O course everyone back then thought you had to smash the mouse button repeatedly to win(probably resulted in dozens of broken mice across the world) we only found out years later you could hold the bloody button. Haha! But figuring out the mechanics is more fun than letters telling me what does what. Leave you free to express your abilities in your way. And that, my forum friends is what sets Earth's Special Forces high above other games.

ESForever!

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even the latest game xenoverse still sufferes from small height limits for maps :(
And restrictive movements >.<

Couldnt they have taken the movement system from Zone of Enders? It would have been a lot more fluid and dynamic with a little spit and polish.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Yeah the lockon is tacky and unreliable then it has the problem the fiist of the north star game had where every action locks you out of control, though not quite as bad as FOTNS.

Shit does this mean kojima will not make Zone of the Enders 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom