New Fan Made Live-Action DBZ Web Series!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
LOL you are freakin jokin me right? you see that cast of the power rangers spin-off .... that shit isn't considered fan made. Hollywood supported production.

as for DBZ fan based stuff ... this one was not bad. most of them are terrible as if they are purposefully trying to make it bad.
Except it is. Hollywood didn't support shit. If they did, it wouldn't have gotten taken down by the original P.R. owners in the first place.

Now that you mention DBZ specific fan made movies it makes more sense. Haven't seen many of those so can't comment on that.

Last post you classified all fan made movies.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
Except it is. Hollywood didn't support shit. If they did, it wouldn't have gotten taken down by the original P.R. owners in the first place.

Now that you mention DBZ specific fan made movies it makes more sense. Haven't seen many of those so can't comment on that.

Last post you classified all fan made movies.
I dunno man ... It has some big hollywood actors in it, james van der beek, katee sackoff, and a few others. heck ... they even have one of the Rita's from the actual television series (carla perez) ... that short film is not the typical term of "fan-made" it's star made. It had HUGE production value and cast/team to support that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I dunno man ... It has some big hollywood actors in it, james van der beek, katee sackoff, and a few others. heck ... they even have one of the Rita's from the actual television series (carla perez) ... that short film is not the typical term of "fan-made" it's star made. It had HUGE production value and cast/team to support that.
Just because it has production value and because some big-ish name actors are in it does not mean it's not fan made.

Big stars can be fans of things too.

Discord Member
Best answers
Just because it has production value and because some big-ish name actors are in it does not mean it's not fan made.

Big stars can be fans of things too.
yeah sure ... just don't compare someone making a video in a garage by themselves the same as a big studio project being made in a hollywood studio as being anywhere remotely the same or even try and justifiably review them next to each other.

freakin a propeller plane and a jet air fighter are both freakin airplanes .... doesn't mean they are in anywhere the same league of each other

KUDOS

-Ahmed

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah sure ... just don't compare someone making a video in a garage by themselves the same as a big studio project being made in a hollywood studio as being anywhere remotely the same or even try and justifiably review them next to each other.

freakin a propeller plane and a jet air fighter are both freakin airplanes .... doesn't mean they are in anywhere the same league of each other

KUDOS

-Ahmed
But they are still both planes no matter how you look at them. Compare whatever you want: their size, their speed, manoeuvrability it doesn't matter. You still have two planes. Compare whatever you want here. The cast, the P.V. but you still have two fan made films.

Also you have quite an unreasonably judgemental attitude towards fan-made films to say that 'they are being made in a garage'. Making a film is a lot of hard work and when you're not a renowned director or producer you have to work even harder to get things done as people won't just offer you commodities such as permission to film somewhere for long amounts of time, special studios as easily, hence why in most cases people can't do things like re-shoots to enhance certain things, can't work too much in Aftereffects in order to make special effects look really good and I could list tons and tons of things that need to be done to make a proper film and tons of reasons why a fan made film may not end up looking that good.

Considering what it had to do and the type of schedule this thing had, the fact that this fan made DBZ film ended up being as impressive as it is is enough for me to like it.

Think of it like this, rather than despise fan made films that people often have to put enormous amounts of effort in to get them done, I'd rather put all my hate on those cheap films that actually do make profits especially in box office. Because as far as I'm concerned, if you ask me to fork out money in order to see a film, you'd better not be a cheap P.O.S.

For this: I paid nothing, therefore I can't really hate it too much.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
But they are still both planes no matter how you look at them. Compare whatever you want: their size, their speed, manoeuvrability it doesn't matter. You still have two planes. Compare whatever you want here. The cast, the P.V. but you still have two fan made films.

Also you have quite an unreasonably judgemental attitude towards fan-made films to say that 'they are being made in a garage'. Making a film is a lot of hard work and when you're not a renowned director or producer you have to work even harder to get things done as people won't just offer you commodities such as permission to film somewhere for long amounts of time, special studios as easily, hence why in most cases people can't do things like re-shoots to enhance certain things, can't work too much in Aftereffects in order to make special effects look really good and I could list tons and tons of things that need to be done to make a proper film and tons of reasons why a fan made film may not end up looking that good.

Considering what it had to do and the type of schedule this thing had, the fact that this fan made DBZ film ended up being as impressive as it is is enough for me to like it.

Think of it like this, rather than despise fan made films that people often have to put enormous amounts of effort in to get them done, I'd rather put all my hate on those cheap films that actually do make profits especially in box office. Because as far as I'm concerned, if you ask me to fork out money in order to see a film, you'd better not be a cheap P.O.S.

For this: I paid nothing, therefore I can't really hate it too much.
so, lesson number 2 in human behavior. there is this thing called "exaggeration" sometimes people use this "exaggeration" to make a strong point by showing u a ridiculous comparison that is unreal. and i dont think i bad mouthed this film at all ... i actually have been defending it this whole time. i been saying for it's production value that it is pretty freakin amazing. sure it's not as good as the power/rangers skit ... but i strongly feel that that could be its production value (IE it had more writers, more crew, more money to throw around and what not) and i feel like it is a little unfair to compare the two

you got the propeller plane and the jet plane .... u put em in a race we already know who is going to win. but shit if that propeller plane came close to the jet plane finishing id b pretty damn impressed too. i don't see why ppl are putting down this film so much in this thread.

ie, u kind of proved my point with your post too. Could u imagine how much easier it would be to do re-shoots and what not with a Hollywood star like Katie Sackoff and freakin Dawson himself showing up ... mmm yeah.

But yeah, technically you were right about power/rangers being a fan-made film ... but it's hard to ignore that star-power involved

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Here's the thing: is it about which plane is faster to win a "race" or about the fact that both are planes?

When I get asked for nothing but a fairly short amount of time and none of my money, I don't care about the race. Everybody wins, whether the jet or the propeller plain made it first is irrelevant.

When it comes to the money I will most likely bet on the jet, even-though they don't win 100% of the time because even though they are expensive and have all the backing they need, in some cases they are not even able to take off properly (sorry John Carter)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom