★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku didn't know how to fly.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think the issue here is rather that when people beam jump it damages others caught in the blast area, making for a very cheap way to die, when your chasing someone and suddendly they beam jump with the most powerful beam, which most times means insta-death.

I also think that what hlev meant was that that there wasn't an instance in the show where a character beam jumps and kills someone with his beam. When Goku beam jumped he dodged another beam coming towards him (honesly that was a little ridiculous considering he can fly, quite fast). When he beamjumped to smash Piccolo he didn't kill him with the beam he killed him with his body. Again as mentioned he couldn't fly at that time.

Personally even if something like that was in the show, I wouldn't care if it would get removed entirely from ESF:F. There are so many ways to avoid getting hit by something or someone already, it's just as pointless as Goku's use of it against Vegeta. It just makes for such cheap deaths.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also think that what hlev meant was that that there wasn't an instance in the show where a character beam jumps and kills someone with his beam.
No I mean it was never used to quickly move to a desired direction as an alternative to just flying there. If it was beneficial it would've been used for attacking/escaping but nobody with the ability to fly ever bothered to do that.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Beam jumps are a fun concept though and I always enjoyed them, but if restricted to the small generic beam; why remove the explosion?

It seemed like a valid method of attack. Does speed scale to charge, or does charge not matter, as in 1.2.3?

I just find it awesome punching people off that beam stem ^,,^ Guess we can do without explosions.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No I mean it was never used to quickly move to a desired direction as an alternative to just flying there. If it was beneficial it would've been used for attacking/escaping but nobody with the ability to fly ever bothered to do that.
Except, once again, for no reason, Goku vs Vegeta :p

Discord Member
Best answers
with the map being so big ... what if they put like sensu bean plants on the ground? that pop up in random places. maybe make a limit for how many are up at a time. that way if u are out of combat and need to recharge, u can go looking for them 0o i think it would b a cool aspect

also the sensu beans are eaten instantly at the plant (meaning u can't hold onto them and use them in the middle of a fight)

AWESOME IDEA HERE. would create a use for actually fighting close to teh ground ... i could see some epic battles coming from this

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
with the map being so big ... what if they put like sensu bean plants on the ground? that pop up in random places. maybe make a limit for how many are up at a time. that way if u are out of combat and need to recharge, u can go looking for them 0o i think it would b a cool aspect

also the sensu beans are eaten instantly at the plant (meaning u can't hold onto them and use them in the middle of a fight)

AWESOME IDEA HERE. would create a use for actually fighting close to teh ground ... i could see some epic battles coming from this
That problem with no battles being on the ground can be solved easily without that useless addition. All you need is more players and the occasional smashing of someone towards the ground and then ground fights will follow.

Also I love this. A game where you can fly at the speed of wind and knock stuff in the air and then someone comes along:
You know I wish we would not do all this flying and remain on the ground!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reason for people fighting away from the ground is simple really. Getting knocked in to the ground is avoided like that. ^^

Thats why people also fight away from walls and so on.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You can also make it so that you only regen when your stamina is full.
Or stamina and ki.

Or maybe an ability called resting that you can activate but makes you vulnerable to incomming attacks.
As in immobilizing the player for a certain amount of time. (Minimum of let's say 5 seconds)
Rate of hp recovery decided by max hp or current hp. The lower the hp the slower it recovers.
The higher the more fast it gets.

I've seen this system in action in a game, just can't remember wich one.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Never mind. 'Twas Freeza. Still same thing. No reason. [video=youtube;FxChP7oux1E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxChP7oux1E&list=PL6EC7B047181AD013&index=36[/video]

04:10

Discord Member
Best answers
That problem with no battles being on the ground can be solved easily without that useless addition. All you need is more players and the occasional smashing of someone towards the ground and then ground fights will follow.

Also I love this. A game where you can fly at the speed of wind and knock stuff in the air and then someone comes along:
You know I wish we would not do all this flying and remain on the ground!
i don't think u realize how big these maps are ..... even with lots of ppl ... there's still HUGE amounts of room.

The reason for people fighting away from the ground is simple really. Getting knocked in to the ground is avoided like that. ^^

Thats why people also fight away from walls and so on.
see, that's why i like the sensu bean plant idea, there is great risk to try and dive to the ground to look for sensu beans .... u could really get ur ass kicked. and also, that krillin idea is pretty funny lol. have a bunch of krillins standing on the ground throwing sensu beans when u come near XD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don't think u realize how big these maps are ..... even with lots of ppl ... there's still HUGE amounts of room.

see, that's why i like the sensu bean plant idea, there is great risk to try and dive to the ground to look for sensu beans .... u could really get ur ass kicked. and also, that krillin idea is pretty funny lol. have a bunch of krillins standing on the ground throwing sensu beans when u come near XD
The Krillin thing was a joke refference to TFS, im actually against any sort of healing system. It would overpower the better players much more than they already are. That said the plan is to not score people on kills anyhow. The idea is to score people on PL gained. Meaning that if you take on people who have more PL than you will give you more points. Praying on the weaker ones will give you less points. Ofcourse thats PL gained by you directly, systems like PL catchup do not apply.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im actually against any sort of healing system. It would overpower the better players much more than they already are.
That doesn't make sense. You don't give more skilled players anything you don't give to noobs, so they are not overpowered. They're simply more skilled. If you're better, you're better. You shouldn't die against a noob because the game decided so. You should only die due to inferior skill. Thus the healing system. As a togglable server option, obviously.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
That doesn't make sense. You don't give more skilled players anything you don't give to noobs, so they are not overpowered. They're simply more skilled. If you're better, you're better. You shouldn't die against a noob because the game decided so. You should only die due to inferior skill. Thus the healing system. As a togglable server option, obviously.
if u want it as a toggable option ... im sure someone can mod it to do it themselves. id rather not have the team waste time on making a healing system that is "optionable"

I still really like the sensu bean idea. so far with how the game has been approached ... the game developers only one ONE way to fight .... that can get pretty boring and repetitive. IE the whole "omg ppl run n hide then" ... but i actually like hide n seek tactics, shit is fun and intense ... but instead "nope, everyone is supposed to be going head on to head on all the freakin time 24/7"

Just my thoughts ....

they always had sensu beans in 1.2.3 ... but never used em. i think it would b cool to give em a place in final ... and if they promote fighting near ground, then all the better! i think its hella fun fighting around cliffs n stuff. and have a little chase action. flying is fun! we should use it. not just the combat/melee aspect ... there's so much more in the game

can u just imagine just traversing the terrain close/low to the ground looking for these things. oh man. it'd b amazing

OOOO WAIT. are u guys bringing back the dragon balls mode? (where u can go collect em) THAT'D B SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team wouldn't waste time as far as I know, because it's the art department that's lagging behind.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Another way for that to work is to give like some hp whenever you kill somebody, like 20 or 80 depending on the new hp values, that way a pro could duel a noob and be full hp without the need of regenerating and running away or something like that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey skilled guy. Imagine it like this. The game is like a zombie hoard mode, where you the skilled guy play the hero and the noobs are the zombies. Since you're skilled you can take down one of them easy. You're really skilled you can take them all down multiple times. But eventually they will overwhelm you and take you down once.

For every one time you fall they will fall multiple times, each.

sheesh talk about your typical bureaucratic elitism for no reason. This isn't running a corporation, it's a game. Accept that every once in a while you will fall to pure chance and move on and get those high scores. And if it really bothers you make a clan, recruit only elites like yourself and play withe them and them only on your 'no noobs' server until the end of times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom