Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hosting a server

Default Hosting a server

Does anybody know what site i can use to buy my own server for esf? I want a 24/7 public server with my esf and ecx files installed on it. I have no idea where to start so the question is hard to ask because i cant word it properly lol.

Best to search for "dedicated servers" on google. Example would be http://gameservers.com, make sure it's a half-life dedicated server (goldscr), not half-life 2.

couldnt find any available for halflife 1 on that particular site but ive found another site here. if you dont mind having a look at it to make sure im on the right track. should i be looking at something like this? http://www.multiplaygameservers.com/.../hl-half-life/

Progress so far. Ive rented a server from multiplaygameservers for £8.00 a month and now im uploading the ESF mod to the clanforge control panel which lets me alter the game from half life to esf hopefully..

Cool stuff. Keep us posted. Always looking for people to play a classic in this day and age.

The old ones are the best!

Right so this is what i'm up to so far.

• Rented a server through multiplay.co.uk
      -
    • Created a profile to be used for halflife.
      -
    • Downloaded and compressed the ESFb1.2.3.exe file into zip.
      -
    • Uploaded the ESFb1.2.3 file to the website's Mod list.
      -
    • Created a new profile set to Half life with the ESF mod attached to it.
      -
    • Switched my old profile to the New profile.

After the switch of profiles it came to an error. I'm just waiting for an email from support to tell me why it went wrong and what i can do to fix it.

I had a look at the support ticket they've sent and it is titled "game install required." Hopefully its something they have to do and not me lol.
    Last edited by CoreAlex; Jan 8th, 2015 at 01:02 PM. Reason: update

Did you run HL1 on the server first?

Public Relations and Forum Admin

<hleV> Speaking of whores, how's your mom doing?
    <Deverz> Very good, It's hard work rehabilitating prostitutes though
    <Avenger> Don't worry hleV, Deverz' mum will rehabilitate yours soon

Dzamija: "If you were having a heart attack, your dog would run to get you help, while your cat would just stand there and wait until you die so it can eat your head."

I did yeah, i even joined the server for a little while.

Ive got 2 profiles, one with just half life 1 as the game and the other profile has half life as the game and esf as its mod. When i switch the profiles it doesnt work. Says i need to install the game.
    Last edited by CoreAlex; Jan 8th, 2015 at 01:50 PM.

Check the mod installed correctly, It's possible the exe put it in the wrong place

Public Relations and Forum Admin

<hleV> Speaking of whores, how's your mom doing?
    <Deverz> Very good, It's hard work rehabilitating prostitutes though
    <Avenger> Don't worry hleV, Deverz' mum will rehabilitate yours soon

Dzamija: "If you were having a heart attack, your dog would run to get you help, while your cat would just stand there and wait until you die so it can eat your head."

My esf is working fine. The machine they have my server running on hasn't got ESF installed. Just got to wait for them to install it i guess..
    Last edited by CoreAlex; Jan 8th, 2015 at 02:24 PM.

Thread Information