Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hosting a server

It would be wise to install this as well: http://www.amxmodx.org/

Easier than RCON I can guarantee you that.

If i add AMXX plugins to the server can i access them aswell?

Define "access".

Quote Originally Posted by Grega View Post
    And rcon really doesnt work?

rcon "pass"

then

rcon "command"
    It's
    rcon_password "pass"

With AMXX you don't even need to set RCON password (I suggest removing it), as you can execute RCON commands via amx_rcon "command".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    How can yours be so much bigger then mine??

Yeah i think in future ill use amxx for my admin purposes. Ok Ive cancelled my subscription to the Multiplay Server now. I gave Skyrider access to my Servers control panel and there's no FTP system put into place (Very Odd) which means i don't have access to any of the servers game files which is a pain if i need to add maps and stuff to my server. Instead i'm going to host one using Gameservers.com. Turns out to be ALOT cheaper too.

Multiplay servers - 8slots = £8.00
    Gameserver servers - 10slots = £3.00

Also guys i would not recommend Multiplay to ANYONE unless they want a very basic ESF server with a low amount of max players at a high price. Also if you want to upload any files to your server you have to describe the file, where it came from and type out instructions on how to install it and their support team will spend a couple days trying to work it out.

yeah you should get a server where you have full FTP and not having to talk to them about every file.
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”Malcolm X

I just played on the server which I think must be yours "Multiplay :: Earths Special Forces" if that it, I noticed some server setting that need to be fixed. Felt weird to play in.
    Hopefully these setting fix that. Thanks for the server.

sv_accelerate 10
    sv_stopspeed 100
    sv_stepsize 8
    sv_maxrate 25000
    mp_plcatchup 0
    Disclosure Nears

Quote Originally Posted by SS4 Gogeta View Post
    I just played on the server which I think must be yours "Multiplay :: Earths Special Forces" if that it, I noticed some server setting that need to be fixed. Felt weird to play in.
    Hopefully these setting fix that. Thanks for the server.

sv_accelerate 10
    sv_stopspeed 100
    sv_stepsize 8
    sv_maxrate 25000
    mp_plcatchup 0
    Ya, it's his. But he canceled it. A server without FTP is quite worthless.

I've still got access to the server.cfg so ill change that now. most of the settings were weird. Max velocity was set to 300 instead of 5000 so it was a really slow to swoop lol.
    Last edited by CoreAlex; Jan 18th, 2015 at 03:01 AM.

Thread Information