Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hosting a server

What kind of server is it, windows or linux? I believe the HL dedicated server shortcut has to be edited with -game esf as command line.

Hi, I think I know what your problem is

@Skyrider gameservers.com runs on linux and therefore you'll need to replace the binary file with an older version; http://www.speedyshare.com/JDFHS/hlds-i686 hlds_i686.so needs to be installed.

Most of the support staff doesn't know how to to do that, but a guy they have (not sure if they still do) is called Keith Wolenuk and he always fixes the problem so maybe ask for him (if the staff gets confused).

And as Skyrider says, you need to add that to your command line.
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”Malcolm X

Can you run me through the shortcut part? Yeah its a windows server. ill post some screenshots

--- edit ---

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ordinary HL server.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	392.0 KB 
ID:	2452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	291.7 KB 
ID:	2454

The first pic shows the half life server i have running which currently is in working order.

The second pic shows a profile switch from half life to ESF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Profile switch.jpg  
    Last edited by CoreAlex; Jan 11th, 2015 at 05:06 PM.

Do i need to use the HLDS program aswell? i dont seem to have any control of my half life server. when i use the in game console it says im not the server operator..even after i type in the rcon password

Send you a steam invite, maybe I can help from there.

Im getting somewhere now! ok so my server is on the esf server list now. all i need to do now is take control of my admin privelages.. help

And rcon really doesnt work?

rcon "pass"

then

rcon "command"

Sig made by Voltage
    |ESF testing squad|

Rcon_password (check the password on the HLDS.exe on the rcon password section and type it in console ingame)

(all ingame/console usefulness)
    Rcon kick (playername)
    Rcon ban (playername)
    Rcon map (mapname)
    Rcon esf_powerlevel (download the esf_powerlevel_changer file from the next website. It is completely safe)
    Rcon esf_bot addbot
    Rcon esf_bot botkickall

ahah and i was reading greg's post. thought I could help him out.
    Last edited by FalconFury; Jan 15th, 2015 at 06:57 PM.
    I'm going to kick your ass.

Haha i fixed it just after i made that post sorry guys. Yeah i had the rcon password and typed it in but i didn't know i had to type rcon before each command :P silly me.

The server i have is not running from my computer so i only have access to rcon?
    Last edited by CoreAlex; Jan 15th, 2015 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoreAlex View Post
    Haha i fixed it just after i made that post sorry guys. Yeah i had the rcon password and typed it in but i didn't know i had to type rcon before each command :P silly me.

The server i have is not running from my computer so i only have access to rcon?
    Rcon and FTP probably. I know that there was a server viewer that allowed you to connect to the old dedicated servers. Not sure if it still works with the STEAM CMD system though.

Sig made by Voltage
    |ESF testing squad|

Thread Information