unknown lag on esf

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
sup.

thats how my friend's stats look.(why would you even need good stats for such an old game?) he bought hl just today and is extremely dissapointed. Before we played with ~80 ping and he had 100fps no drop with non steam esf.
now we joined london server and he has 15 ping and about 50-60 fps always dropping. he says lag is alot worse than on another server with 80 ping.
he is now considering to sell his steam account and play non steam cuz its alot smoother.

can you give some advice based on stats above? if required ill get more info.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
i have 4gb ram 2ghz win7. and i always lagged since i got steamed hl. when someone beams its hell to me, sometimes i see 4fps. on duels i have 40-70fps and it sucks because sometimes moves just dont work, but its playable.
btw our problems different because i lag if i look where beam is and my friend doesnt.

any help for me and my friend?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure you are not using Software rendering mode. Other than that set v-sync to 0. You can also try adjusting the rates, but for that id need to know your current settings.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
it was v-sync! thanks alot!

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Selling the account wouldn't be too clever, IMO.
What are you going to play the ESF:Final with? :)

Also, the following advise may look amateur (which it is), but try to apply these settings without actually bothering to compare your computer/connection characteristics. They will work just fine with an average pc:

cl_cmdrate 105
cl_updaterate 102
Rate 40000 - 50000 depending on your taste.
cl_smoothtime 0.1
fps_max 101

Also you might want to have these camera settings:
cam_idealdist 200
Cam_xoffset 3
Cam_yoffset 3
Cam_zoffset 3

Have fun playing :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom