2014 current state

There is no hope. No light. There is only despair.
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
hi people i wanted to ask what the current state of esf final is thanks for answers
ps:i am new to the forum but not new to the game:smile:

I am no more
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The current state is its still in development.
We should make something like site, where it is written : In Development, Dead or Released. And that's only thing that's written :fight:

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If I remember I will have something about this soon

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
If I remember I will have something about this soon
I wish you, or one if the moderators would put a bold, emphasized sign that is read as such "STILL IN DEVELOPEMENT, NO INQUIRIES, POSTS, OR ANY FORM OF DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ARRIVAL OF THE FINISHED PRODUCT AND WILL BAN/KICK/REMOVE THE POSTS/PERON(S) ACCORDINGLY. IT WILL BE FINISHED, WHEN IT IS FINISHED."

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
We should make something like site, where it is written : In Development, Dead or Released. And that's only thing that's written :fight:
Well it shouldnt be so difficult for Sky to make a status bar on the top of this forum (prefer under the menu where you can sign up through steam).
So new people or people who havent been here for years wont have to make any posts about it.

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
After over a decade of this, I'm fairly confident there is no solution to vexatious posts. Have you not noticed that the sheer volume of available data is inversely proportional to the amount of people who actually read and learn it?

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think even if you had to scroll down a whole page which just said. GAME IN DEVELOPMENT. WILL BE RELEASED WHEN DONE people will still ask

๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
well thanks for the answers and have a nice day

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys are such jerk faces. -_-

๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
what have i done?

Best answers
A lot of people on this forum suffer from little wee wee syndrome as such one would expect short temperedness when asked about esf, using words not typically used on the forums to make one appear intelligent, mom jokes, sarcastic and evasive communication.

Did i mention that there is no cure?

Last edited:
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
A lot of people on this forum suffer from little wee wee syndrome as such one would expect short temperedness when asked about esf, using words not typically used on the forums to make one appear intelligent, mom jokes, sarcastic and evasive communication.

Did i mention that there is no cure?
I gladly inform you that i believe i do not have that ^^

My symptoms are different, but just as life threatening :p

JTM

Formerly Fatality
Best answers
dariusuchiha, I commend you for your polite attitude. An attitude like yours is rare around these parts of the web, so I'll repay the courtesy and give you a detailed answer to your question. At this point, I'd be surprised if this mod sees its final release. The reluctance over sharing development information probably stems from the fear of disappointing and even frustrating the community and fans even though some of the moderators that are supposed to uphold order seem to instigate the opposite. From what I've gathered in the numbers that are scarcely put out regarding completion, this mod still has a lot of production ahead. As a man who's been around since the first beta release, I can't say I'm optimistic anyone outside of the testers will see ESF: Final.

Stay classy, ESF Forum.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Just to be clear and avoid messing up expectations for our irregular lurkers, JTM's opinion is just that, an opinion. So take it as it is.

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
dariusuchiha, I commend you for your polite attitude. An attitude like yours is rare around these parts of the web, so I'll repay the courtesy and give you a detailed answer to your question. At this point, I'd be surprised if this mod sees its final release. The reluctance over sharing development information probably stems from the fear of disappointing and even frustrating the community and fans even though some of the moderators that are supposed to uphold order seem to instigate the opposite. From what I've gathered in the numbers that are scarcely put out regarding completion, this mod still has a lot of production ahead. As a man who's been around since the first beta release, I can't say I'm optimistic anyone outside of the testers will see ESF: Final.

Stay classy, ESF Forum.
And i've been here since the Power Up days, over 10 years ago :p *lurks around* All I can say is what they have managed to accomplish in the last couple years with this "reboot" of theirs, its nothing short of amazing.

Badassologist Ph/D
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Well They need help in finishing the mod. The current headline on the main page says they need modellers. I'm not saying its the communities fault but if there were more people willing to work on the game that were going to stick it out to the end, we would have the mod released a lot earlier. If I had the time I'd pick it up and try to help. I really enjoy playing the 1.2.3 beta release and even if the final version takes a lot longer theres plenty of other things to do in the meantime.

I think if the dev team could just get a hold of a few guys to pump out some decent modelling for the last characters we would possibly have the game very soon. its also been said that they refuse to release until they can get a solid month of test play without a single bug showing up so that could take a while to finally work out.

I can say it would be nice to see like a weekly news update to tell what has been done. like a development log that explains briefly what got worked on or fixed or broke etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom