2014 current state

Discord Member
Best answers
Well They need help in finishing the mod. The current headline on the main page says they need modellers. I'm not saying its the communities fault but if there were more people willing to work on the game that were going to stick it out to the end, we would have the mod released a lot earlier. If I had the time I'd pick it up and try to help. I really enjoy playing the 1.2.3 beta release and even if the final version takes a lot longer theres plenty of other things to do in the meantime.

I think if the dev team could just get a hold of a few guys to pump out some decent modelling for the last characters we would possibly have the game very soon. its also been said that they refuse to release until they can get a solid month of test play without a single bug showing up so that could take a while to finally work out.

I can say it would be nice to see like a weekly news update to tell what has been done. like a development log that explains briefly what got worked on or fixed or broke etc.

a development log already exists.

Last edited:
Best answers
A lot of people don't get what patience is...

Because it's never gonna be released.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
It will get released when it is ready. :D

That is how I operate when I do any kind of programming work. Heck, I don't even bother with release dates. I do give hints when something is close to release and that is about it.

There is no hope. No light. There is only despair.
🌈 Beta Tester
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
dariusuchiha, I commend you for your polite attitude. An attitude like yours is rare around these parts of the web, so I'll repay the courtesy and give you a detailed answer to your question. At this point, I'd be surprised if this mod sees its final release. The reluctance over sharing development information probably stems from the fear of disappointing and even frustrating the community and fans even though some of the moderators that are supposed to uphold order seem to instigate the opposite. From what I've gathered in the numbers that are scarcely put out regarding completion, this mod still has a lot of production ahead. As a man who's been around since the first beta release, I can't say I'm optimistic anyone outside of the testers will see ESF: Final.

Stay classy, ESF Forum.
thank you very much :yes:

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I was thinking, If they can't get character model's done.. Why not just fix the current bug's and just release it. The player's will just make the model's as pack's and just be put into the game as addon's.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I was thinking, If they can't get character model's done.. Why not just fix the current bug's and just release it. The player's will just make the model's as pack's and just be put into the game as addon's.
The character system is a lot more complex this time round. Youll need a really good coder if you want to add characters though AMX.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The character system is a lot more complex this time round. Youll need a really good coder if you want to add characters though AMX.
Well people will figure out how, I mean look at the game's on console's, people hack them. Pretty sure the character's thats ready and in the game, should be enough.. Look at the ESF 1.2.3, There's only so many playable character's. This game doesn't need to have a million of character's to have fun with. Mostly everyone who played esf123, used goku or vegeta... This game could be released soon, then just give some addon character pack's down the road when ever the game need's them. Then player's will probably pitch in, cause they see the game up and all going to try it and have fun with the game. This giving the team more advantage with getting more character model's, etc.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
People only use Goku and Vegeta because they are carbon copies of each other. Same stats and everything. They are almost literally clones. Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin and Frieza are slower and thus demed useless, while Cell and Buu are demed slightly OP due to their increased speed. Though Buu is immortal in the hands of a skilled player, so he kinda is OP XD

This wasnt the case in 1.1 because the speeds were higher, so the differences were not really to noticeable, so people chose all characters available to them. Thats kinda what we are going for this time round.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
People only use Goku and Vegeta because they are carbon copies of each other. Same stats and everything. They are almost literally clones. Gohan, Trunks, Piccolo, Krillin and Frieza are slower and thus demed useless, while Cell and Buu are demed slightly OP due to their increased speed. Though Buu is immortal in the hands of a skilled player, so he kinda is OP XD

This wasnt the case in 1.1 because the speeds were higher, so the differences were not really to noticeable, so people chose all characters available to them. Thats kinda what we are going for this time round.
If people don't help out, then just release as is. But if you're planning to ride the wave and continue holding the game, then find people, and advertise the mod, so more people can see, that this mod need's more worker's. Make a youtube video, showing you guy's need character model's on youtube, so everyone can see.

Other News, Maybe people don't want those additional character' (the one's who can actually model), Also you can also probably just put in placement's as ESF 1.2.3 character's from that big pack stuff, and edit the character models from that, and add them in.

Last edited:
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
@tvirus06 You know, I think if you keep saying things like "release the mod" between your lines, the team won't appreciate your intentions and will simply think that you're one of those guys who impatiently wan't to play the mod regardless of its state.

Your idea of making ads about the mod to look for help is not bad.
But from my point of view, the team is working on this mod when they feel like it (not judging) and to make something so complex on their free time and/or when they feel like working on it is something that will definitely take ages to finish.

I know what it is like to work and have a life and BARELY have free time to work on personal projects. I can't imagine what it is like to have free time to work on a personal FREE project, so yeah... Your suggestion is good so long as you stop insisting on the idea of them releasing the mod :p

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It is simple math really.

For people unacquainted - to reverse engineer how ESF now operates, amend efficient code externally, and complete the required assets at a base standard - would and should take longer than a team of dedicated professionals who know both their craft and their engine inside out, and have the authentic [figurative] keys to do so properly in the first place.

Sure, you could increase your odds of success by boosting the number of laymen, but they are still laymen who first need to waste time learning an engine and game design with a decade of history behind it. It also increases the odds of sub-par assets being made. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

Why did u just read this?
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
btw KynetiK what's up with your Zenny o_O xD

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol who knows, noone has bothered to give me an answer. It's been buggier than an AppleIII ever since it was integrated. At first it accrued bulk interest for no reason, and then it inverted a few months later XD

indeed
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
(offtopic: question for devs and staff)
do you have a twitch.tv channel?
what if you create a "PlayingESF" or "PlayingDragonBall" (better for search) with a few "streamers" playing ESF 1.2.3. and accepting subscribers to the channel.

Eventually in the future you could stream a short ESF 1.3 "alpha" gameplay (previously, you give a date of stream)...
You are not getting money for making the game but yes for playing it. If a fish playing "Pokemon Red" got >20K views...
Sorry for bad english :p

Edit: not only cash xD, if the thing works you will get people more knowing about ESF. And probably more 3D artists etc.

Last edited:
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The new version has already been streamed on twitch and JTV in the past. I think someone recorded it and uploaded it, even though it was intended to be a private stream I believe. Might be why it isn't streamed anymore.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
The new version has already been streamed on twitch and JTV in the past. I think someone recorded it and uploaded it, even though it was intended to be a private stream I believe. Might be why it isn't streamed anymore.
But questions: 1. Why wouldn't you stream something any more, just because someone recorded it and uploaded it. This is the internet and some people are really desperate to see something from this game more often than it's shown. I believe they would eat each other for the opportunity for seeing a video of what this game currently has. This shit happens to some movies. I'd be a little honoured at the same time as pissed off. 2. What the hell is the point of a "private stream". Let's stream working, or playing the game, whatever the hell that was, but let no one but us see it. Why?

People keep responding to impatient people just joining the forum asking for the release with something like 'when it's ready' or with 'trust me you don't want this game released the way it is right now'.

So if I take the latter statement let me ask you this and this is as honest as I'm ever really going to be: Do you really think, that some people won't find a, let's exaggerate, 10 minute attempt at a stream of ESF 1.3, because the game is so broken it crashes every 1,5 minutes, hilarious and also, in a word, wonderful to see? Because for those 10 minutes we got to see 1,5 minutes of ESF 1.3 a few times?

Let's face it, people are idiots and they will ***** and moan about why this game isn't out even after you would hypothetically do that. But for some this may be the thing that would convince them, wow, this is not in any way playable. Because that underlined trust me just up there means jack shit. Don't get me wrong, you seem like nice people (please don't shoot me), but I don't trust in what I cannot see, to believe.

And hey, maybe next time someone just joins the forum and asks for a release date, you could just say it's not getting released because of this : "insert link to the failed stream here". Maybe would save the time having to explain more things if the person is being unreasonable or ban them if they're being a downright prick.

Just some honest questions is all and I repeat, since the last video was of a stupid egg and POTW has become more of POTM or POTwhenever the hell we find the 'right picture', whatever that would mean and people are hungry. Really hungry.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The 3 streams we had this far were on the spur of the moment. Raven was working on something once and just decided to stream it. He posted teh link in the chatbox for anyone interested and that was it. Same goes for teh second and third stream. Was just a spur of the moment decision, so we just said in the chatbox "Yea we kinda feel like streaming something. check it out of you want"

Also Dam was talking about this -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNra7VnFmRo

🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Is the team considering streams? Or will it be ignored because of leaks or, will it be denied just because.

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
As said. Any streams are just a spur of the moment. Nothing more really. And defenitly nothing planned in advance, at least thus far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom