Game crashes on startup

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Everytime I open esf 1.2.3, the game either doesn't start at all, or stops responding 2 seconds into the main menu, and it was working fine a week ago. I am using a Nvidia Geforce 560m on an Asus Gamers republic. I recently updated my drivers, a week and a half ago, but the game was working fine then. It works on software, but it looks too terrible to play, especially with all of the graphical errors. Please Help.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
before installing esf 1.2.3 u should start once half life

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Okay, sorry, I think I needed to specify a bit more. I did indeed start Half Life before installing it, and it did not work. But, to get back to the point, I believe it has something to do with OpenGl, as that is the only video setting of the 2 that doesn't work, and yes, my drivers are updated. I can use Software, but the graphical errors make it quite unplayable to say the least.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
And all will know that on this day my 300th post was made!

Yeah if you have a graphics card that is overclocked in just about anyway, then the game won't run. Things like OC tessellation and openGL triple buffering will prevent startup. So check and make sure.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah if you have a graphics card that is overclocked in just about anyway, then the game won't run. Things like OC tessellation and openGL triple buffering will prevent startup. So check and make sure.
No they dont >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom