ESF 1.3 Manual Install

dq9

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello I am trying to install ESF version 1.3 on my Ubuntu system, but Wine doesn't want to open the installer .exe. The installer for v 1.2.3 works perfectly, but the one for 1.3 doesn't get to the splash screen. It plays the "Over 9000" sound and a faint spash appears and then the whole thing crashes.

I'm here to ask how I can manually install this mod without using the installer. I tried extracting everything from the installer via my archive manager, but a lot of files are apparently missing. The mod can be loaded and played, but all the text, animations, and sounds are missing or just don't work.

PS This has been my favorite HL mod since the Alpha versions! I wish mainstream game publishers could make a DBZ game as good as Earth's Special Forces!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're not losing anything for not being able to install 1.3. It's buggy as hell and isn't meant for playing (hence nobody plays).

dq9

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Gotcha I really liked that powerlevel cheat. I always hated having to grind bots or fuss with Dragonballs just to see Super Sayian. The ECX-RC2 installer is also giving me trouble. Any idea how to manually install that? I'm mostly looking for where all the files are supposed to go.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As far i know it choses the standard folder for ecx so you shouldn't have to change anything

dq9

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well I was asking because I could open up the installer file as if it were a .zip archive, but everything was in one folder and I was putting things in wrong places based on my best judgement. What I ended up doing was I went over to a friend's house, installed RC2 onto his desktop > saved the files on a flash drive > came back home and loaded everything up. Now everything works perfectly. Thanks for everyone's help and I am looking forward to future releases of ESF if that's still a thing.

PS For anyone in the future searching around as to why ESF ECX RC2 won't work. After I loaded all the files the new character/transformations wouldn't work. After A LOT of searching I found out that you have to enable the ECX plugins via amxmod. Go to the plugin.ini file and make sure everything is correct there as well as modules.ini. I had to modify modules.ini to get the new ECX characters to work and plugins.ini to get the esf_powerlevel changer to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom