[Old PotW] Piccolo in cell games

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As you can see the bright lines at the far-end beside the mountain at the left side. There is a wall barrier there that cannot allow you to fly anywhere else far because every map is like a box... And I cannot tell the depths and the height between it unless if I played the game.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
oh ok. I remember that the devs said that they could make the maps much much bigger but they limited it so it wont be ridiculous and people would get lost.

Is it true or my memory mistakes me?

Question to the developers, of course?

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Honestly I would love to get lost in a gigantic map. Part of the fun would be just enjoying how much eye candy there is, which is why when Final is eventually out I'm probably going to play and do nothing but roam the maps first.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As you can see the bright lines at the far-end beside the mountain at the left side. There is a wall barrier there that cannot allow you to fly anywhere else far because every map is like a box... And I cannot tell the depths and the height between it unless if I played the game.
I think that's just fog/a weather effect. I don't think it's a barrier.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I think the grass color depends on the day&night cycle because of the brightness and the darkness that are slowly mixed. Like in real life, when its darker and the moon shining above the sky. You can see grass showing on the ground while the trees are not around. You can see a little green on it because the moonlight and the dark blends with each other to create a little light forming to create a little bit of color e.g blue+green = dark blue.
Yes, this is a must lol.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh ok. I remember that the devs said that they could make the maps much much bigger but they limited it so it wont be ridiculous and people would get lose.

Is it true or my memory mistakes me?

Question to the developers, of course?
Thats just distance fog. The barriers are red and you ant see them untill you are realy close to them.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I like the fact that the grass is not heavy on the eye.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
About performance...well that shot was taken in an quite old Phenom x4 955+8gb Ram+ Nvidia GTX660 with 2GB and i had around 80fps in that shot

Force Pit Member
Best answers
old machine... id kill you and rob you if it was legal.

:p

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please don't answer questions you don't actually know the answer too

You can't see the barrier of the map until you're right ontop of it

It's hard to say how big maps are but they're very large, Maybe I can do I fly over video, side to side

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
@Devers Damaera and Grega already told me so I get it. It does not mean I am proving a fact. :) i thought they were the bright light.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Telling that there's too much green would be an understatement.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
It looks awesome as usual, still can't wait for the release! :D Good job devs and keep it up!

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Please don't answer questions you don't actually know the answer too

You can't see the barrier of the map until you're right ontop of it

It's hard to say how big maps are but they're very large, Maybe I can do I fly over video, side to side
Yeah, I've been quite curious about that Deverz, but if you're planning to do so, then make it side to side, and up and down.

And then there were none.
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I agree. Please do a flyover.
Also, this is the first time I have heard of the barriers mentioned.
How do they work exactly? More specifically what do you mean by "You can't see them until you are right next to them"?
Does that mean they aren't visible until you hit the edge? Also, do the maps have obvious or disguised edges?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Basically the playable edge of a map is invisible until you get within a certain range of it. The 'wall' area you are closest to becomes semi-transparent red and increases opacity as you get closer. I'm not sure whether the distance threshold is static, or determined by the mapper. I felt the threshold was a little too close at times, but that was some time ago. They're not what I would call obvious edges, but you quickly find the right landmark cues to know where they are..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom