DBSource is dead?

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
http://www.moddb.com/mods/dragonball-source

NAGASH Feb 17 2014, 11:30am says:
"sorry but DBS is no longer supported by the developers as we are all working on various other projects"

NAGASH Feb 24 2014, 10:46am says:
"doesn't matter how great the mod could be, it doesn't put food on your table... and even if it did, funimation would close us down instantly."
Sorry for my unneeded foul language but; can you believe this mother ****er? is this some kind of a joke? or is he just saying that nobody is willing to help him because his mod has been overrated because nobody likes his game anymore.

Sometimes, Nagash have to decide. He should make a announcement that this mod is dead, or ask for help and say its alive because he shouldn't be taken that long to finish the mod.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So. The mod died, because the devs had other things to do. And?

What the devs decide goes. People who did nothing to help the project have no say in that matter.

Also the mod has been dead for years now.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
lol, ESF owns them anyhow, without the source engine.

ROFL, who gives a ****

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I was the animator on DBSource alongside with Ryan. I can honestly say Funimation has no hands in "any" dbz modding. If it does not bring in money, then they do not care. the
funimation would close us down instantly.
Is bullcrap.
So if the mod "did" generate money, yes the mod would be shut down. But mods are 90% of the time ignored by any "legal" actions. Hence why ESF is still here, other then its very dedicated developers.

But yes, the first statement is true. We have all moved onto other things. The DBZ modding community is not as vast as it use to be. So finding "skilled" ppl that are interested in DBZ is very rare now-a-days.

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
I was a character modeller on DBSource and I can say it was more just an experience matter to me as long as any other modding/indie development projects I was involved. It's an absolute truth, as Wolf said, to find a dedicated DBZ fan who will work for free on the mod, knowing he will just get an experience, is very hard. The generation which started this DBZ modding era has grown up. Most of the developers who started Z projects were around 15-16 back then and it's been more then a decade, so you can do the counting... People move on.

None of the companies are interested in checking of these kind of mods as it is copyrighted and so forth. Of course, there are many mods who had original ideas and after several initial releases were bought by huge companies or started bringing money in other way. That's all depends on how you look at it, but for one you should realize that it is frustrating sometimes working and spending your time for nothing... Well, I don't want to sound offensive, but, as it says 'it is much easier to critisize, then to do yourself'....

And to finish this, despite the fact, that DBSource lacked quality in many areas, it was still released, unlike many other mods who just vanished in the shadows and everyone forgot about them. I believe everyone who plays any kind of mod, either has died or development was ceased, owns thanks to developers for their spent hours on a project and for all those spent funny days on forums of catching for news.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom