★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
[video=youtube_share;P5eGRnbZ0fo]http://youtu.be/P5eGRnbZ0fo[/video]

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Who gives a shit at this point? They release a game every year, they don't conclude the present times story (they probably don't know how to) they are milking it, its worse than some children CGI blockbuster movie getting his 6th sequel.

This game became tiresome for me, I play to get a conclusion of the present day's story, this just gets dragged out, becomes more complicated and getting impossible to have some kind of an ending(im not even asking for a good ending, just an ending)

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The entire point of the animus is to have generations and generations of Assassins to choose from. Also, they already concluded the present day storyline with Desmond, although it wasn't very good.

I don't mind yearly releases because they innovate each game. Considering this is next gen, I await greatness from the gameplay.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It could be bad it could be good. We'll see. It's no secret that they're milking the shit out of the franchise anyway.
But this one is set during the French Revolution so it makes things interesting.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't mind yearly releases because they innovate each game. Considering this is next gen, I await greatness from the gameplay.
No they dont. They had the chance to do a superb new IP round the ship sailing, and having it be just another AC game holds it down. By far the most boring part of the game isbeing on land. And that hasen't changed at all since the beginning. Sure they give you more tools, but there is nothing really new.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Next-gen doesnt unlock doors for great gameplay, creativity does. It will be as same as other AC games with better graphics. That's all...

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No they dont. They had the chance to do a superb new IP round the ship sailing, and having it be just another AC game holds it down.
They still have a chance to make new IP based on sailing. If there are many people who want it, Ubi will know based on the survey in which they asked if players would like non-AC game with a pirate theme. I don't much care for sailing. All I want is for them to go back to Brotherhood era of AC.

Not everyone has to like AC, and while the yearly releases do take away the charm a little bit, for me the mobility based freedom it offers is unrivaled. Also, AC3 wilderness area during rain was one of the best atmospheric experiences I've had.

Next-gen doesnt unlock doors for great gameplay, creativity does. It will be as same as other AC games with better graphics. That's all...
An AC game which is like other AC games. I don't see the problem.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They still have a chance to make new IP based on sailing. If there are many people who want it, Ubi will know based on the survey in which they asked if players would like non-AC game with a pirate theme. I don't much care for sailing. All I want is for them to go back to Brotherhood era of AC.

Not everyone has to like AC, and while the yearly releases do take away the charm a little bit, for me the mobility based freedom it offers is unrivaled. Also, AC3 wilderness area during rain was one of the best atmospheric experiences I've had.
Yea but at the rate they are going its exactly like CoD or ye average Naruto filler. They made a great world with lots of lore and are not even exploring half of their own things. They are just doing the easy and safe thing. But thats far from optimal. They could have taken the theme so far further. They actually tried that with the different outfits wrom liberation, but they didnt take it till the end for fear of rejection.

The way Ubisoft is doing sequels is like playing a fifa game. Same game with a different roster, when they could have made it so much grander, so much better. But all in all it pretty much boils down to a third person mirrors edge with a combat mechanic thats centered round counters and nothing more.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The real problem is the lack of plot progression since AC3 with Connor. AC was always mostly about plot, all the time(in the first games) you got a cutscene, something happened, something developed, then something developed in the modern times. Now it is just milking the modern story for an excuse for us to play as the Assassins in the game's history. It is not about the plot anymore, which I think it horrible, AC was always more of a movie than a game for me, like GTA, or Arkham games. They release a new game every year and they have no idea how to wrap this up.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The real problem is the lack of plot progression since AC3 with Connor. AC was always mostly about plot, all the time(in the first games) you got a cutscene, something happened, something developed, then something developed in the modern times. Now it is just milking the modern story for an excuse for us to play as the Assassins in the game's history. It is not about the plot anymore, which I think it horrible, AC was always more of a movie than a game for me, like GTA, or Arkham games. They release a new game every year and they have no idea how to wrap this up.
Actually The arkham games should be wrapped up with Knight. Origins itself was handled by a totally different group all together.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sooner or later they'll have to try something different with AC or it will die. Create a new Desmond like character that will discover his ancestor(s) were skilled assassins with key information about the civilization "that came before". Clues that help bring together a plan for defeating Juno (or whatever her name was).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Sooner or later they'll have to try something different with AC or it will die. Create a new Desmond like character that will discover his ancestor(s) were skilled assassins with key information about the civilization "that came before". Clues that help bring together a plan for defeating Juno (or whatever her name was).
They need to start wrapping the game up modern times story wise, they cant launch 15 games and then wrap up a story that started from game one. And they refuse to realize that, they just want to keep on milking it.

They should wrap the modern story up (they should have done that 1 game ago) and just release assassin's creed games without the modern story, your are simply the assassin in those history times and you kill shit and you will only have some story about that specific time in history you play (Henry the 8th chases you or whatever, im not good at coming up with stories) - Yes those stories will be subpar from the original AC because there won't be the modern times that connects it and give it a completely new perspective and dimension, but instead this new AC im suggesting will focus on gameplay.

Its just disappointing to see how they are raping their modern time story just so they could release a lot of games annually, the modern time story almost has no purpose at all anymore. If they want us to enjoy the gameplay rather than the story they should just find a conclusion to the modern times story and release a spin off series where you simply by as the assassins with no modern times whatsoever.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
While earlier I was hoping for as many AC games set in different time periods as possible, right now I'm not even sure anymore. It would be nice to get some sort of a conclusion to the modern day events, but if the series ended, it would definitely be missed by many gamers who still want to explore more time periods. I think I agree with Deco that perhaps they could ditch the modern day thing and focus on the past. I never even liked much playing through modern times and was waiting eagerly until I'm back in Animus.

I still have to play Freedom Cry and Liberation HD, but right now I'm sort of tired of AC.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
While earlier I was hoping for as many AC games set in different time periods as possible, right now I'm not even sure anymore. It would be nice to get some sort of a conclusion to the modern day events, but if the series ended, it would definitely be missed by many gamers who still want to explore more time periods. I think I agree with Deco that perhaps they could ditch the modern day thing and focus on the past. I never even liked much playing through modern times and was waiting eagerly until I'm back in Animus.

I still have to play Freedom Cry and Liberation HD, but right now I'm sort of tired of AC.

They should ditch it, BUT they must first conclude the modern times story, it can be good guys win bad guys win i don't care, but finish it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite honestly, they should recreate their combat mechanics. The counter wins all mechanic is terible.

Make the guards OP, make the need to escape there, make the need to actually be an assassin there. Have it so that yes you can kill a guard or 2 when fighting them alone, but ganged up by 10 guards you should die if you dont run. Make the game combat more exciting instead of a power fantasy where you slaughter more guards in 1 town than there are NPCs in the entire game. The free roaming mechanic is good, but the combat is utter shit at this point.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quite honestly, they should recreate their combat mechanics. The counter wins all mechanic is terible.

Make the guards OP, make the need to escape there, make the need to actually be an assassin there. Have it so that yes you can kill a guard or 2 when fighting them alone, but ganged up by 10 guards you should die if you dont run. Make the game combat more exciting instead of a power fantasy where you slaughter more guards in 1 town than there are NPCs in the entire game. The free roaming mechanic is good, but the combat is utter shit at this point.
I agree. Hopefully i will be able to pass the suggestion further on. If i'm assigned to this project ( i recently got a job in the testing department).
The same goes for the modern story thing.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well they did a small combat change in ac4.... u can fight 3 guys at once instead of all vs 1 xD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well they did a small combat change in ac4.... u can fight 3 guys at once instead of all vs 1 xD
Its still the same counter mechanic, only now you can counter 3 guys comming at you at the same time. Not to mentiuon they only copied that from the batman games. What would be great IMO is an option to turn have guards attack all at once. So if you get in to a fight with 10 of them youpretty much need to get the hell out or die.

Its no fun to slaughter millions of guards by pressing 3 buttons over and over and over again. It looks flashy, but thats all it is >.>

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I agree. Hopefully i will be able to pass the suggestion further on. If i'm assigned to this project ( i recently got a job in the testing department).
The same goes for the modern story thing.
YOU WORK AT UBISOFT?!

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm just a tester man. And a new one to add to it. Technically we can enter suggestions in the bug reporting software. But that doesn't really mean anything. So don't get your hopes up.

Anyway i'd love to see AC actually evolving in terms of game-play. Even if it makes the game a bit harder to play. But that's a sensitive thing to hustle with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom