How did you find ESF?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was, but it's not the one I'm thinking of... unless there was another one in a previous version before 2.0.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've found ESF when I typed Dragonball Z PC game on the images of google. The first dbz game i've tried in 3D was Bid for power. Second one is ZEQ2 and third is ESF with a none steam half life; CS 1.6. But now I got the legal copy from Steam. I do not need to play any illegal copies anymore. The one I've downloaded was created by the hacker who could get into your pc and take stuff that isn't there's. So pretty much it I've gotten the legal one heheh.

I LOVE KITTIES!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I think it was like 2004, I had no PC in that time, but my cousin had, I liked watching him play different games on it. And then he started playing ESF, I was really amazed by it, because, you know, everyone loves DBZ.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Along time ago in 07' I was just messing around with random HL mods through steam. I just uninstalled it a few weeks later due to 0 players. I decided to play again recently and so here I am. This time I made a forum account.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I remember searching for some DBZ games for pc, I remeber finding, trying and not liking Bid For Power at all, so my search continued, one of my friends had Half-Life and he told me that they were like "new whole games with that", so I searched a bit and eventually found ESF, no, at the time I didn't have HL, so all I got was a Non-Steam Brazillian version or somehting, I remeber going into a ecx server and was like "WHOAH", eventually that version stopped wroking so i had to buy HL, this time I didn't go that much into ECX servers and playing only on vaniila 1.2 ones.

Earth's Guardian
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
i was just looking for online dbz games

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Dragonballzgamesforpc.com/yoshida lol :laff:
Erm

That link doesn't work. There's a button that says "Inquire about this domain", though. I'm assuming that's not supposed to be there... >.>

Best answers
I think it was like 2004, I had no PC in that time, but my cousin had, I liked watching him play different games on it. And then he started playing ESF, I was really amazed by it, because, you know, everyone loves DBZ.
LOLO LOLOLOL LOLLOLOL this is the most funniest sig that i ever saw...:laff::laff:

What are those Zenny under our names?

Best answers
Well, I found ESF when I was just a young boy and was interested in making mods, as well as an incredible interest in DBZ. I used to talk to the devs on IRC constantly, as well as PC Joe on AIM lol. Oh the good ol' days.

Best answers
Believe it or not... I found it on steam... your mod is on steam, on there though it has no info, so I looked it up and saw the 1.3 trailers and teasers and stuff... It was just as awesome back then as it is now

Discord Member
Best answers
10ish? years ago ~ I was at a LAN with my brother and he pointed it out to me and me being a massive DBZ fan at the time I just had to play it. I took the PC next to the man who was playing and bombarded him with questions about how to do stuff in the game :) I feel sorry for that guy..

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was checking out various Half-life mods for an upcoming LAN, I just stumbled on this, was hovering the board for a month or two before registering :p
I was a bit into DBZ back in the days to which could have explained why it caught my attention ^^

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It's a vague memory, a very, very vague one...

In Danish schools, at least in the heart of Copenhagen they have "clubs" where kids go to after school to spend some time together. Of course a vast majority is interested in computer games and the owners of the place wanted a wide selection of games for a cheaper price so installing Half Life 1 mods was an essential thing to do. Not only were they popular but also great.

I think it was 1.0 or 1.1, so yeah we just played and were competing. I always wanted to be #1 in the club but it never happened, I ended up as #2 iirc and was pissed that I never became as good.

So yeah that's how I found it but now how I really began:

Eventually the interest in that game died out and they all started playing CS instead and there was a huge interest in that and several CS tournaments were made. I however got interested in ESF and installed it at home, would play it once a month or once in several months. Try out new mods as they came out, EVM and ECX. I eventually realised there was a whole universe of opportunities with melee. I went on EVM and bugged my health to become unkillable and a guy who knew how to melee absolutely raped me and said I should have been dead by now. I said no and tried to beam him.. made me a bit curious how to melee like that. Not enough to stay in the game so after another break I met snowgum2 who taught me how to play and melee and I was super intrigued and understood what happened back when I played Buu after playing a couple of weeks with "real players".

And yeah here I am, not very active with anything ESF-related but it has been my favourite gameplay of all time.

Best answers
I played Bid for Power for a while because I was looking for Dragonball Z games at the age of 10-12. After a while of EBFP, ESF went from Alpha to Beta (I think) and that was when I started playing. It was the coolest game I could have ever imagined, soaring in esf_namek and trying all of the characters that were available. So my friend and I, two Dragonball Z fans in 6th grade started duking it out over LAN and online! Good times.
Did u play dragon mod z too?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Through an old forgotten mod known as GHP

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Through an old forgotten mod known as GHP
Man, transforming in that game was kind of a pain in the ass to try and do without getting whacked. There were like what six, seven keys you had to hit in a sequence to pull it off? I totally forgot about that mod though, those were the good ol' days.

*or maybe that was DMZ Im thinking of, my memory is failing me.

Last edited:
Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Back in 2000/2001 there was a major lack of DBZ games in America on a home console. The Budokai series hadn't been released yet so I was online looking at videos and forum topics of DBZ games outside of the country, came across the mod and downloaded it.. only to find out I needed this game called "Half-Life". I was of course upset, but went on about it for weeks. Finally found that Half-Life collection box set at, Kmart? maybe it was a Walmart.. anyway, saw it for like $20-ish iirc and begged my parents to pick it up, I was about 12 or 13 at the time. Only to find out my computer at home wasn't good enough to play it. SO! I made the account, and my buddy invited me over to his Dad's place for the weekend, spent both nights up till the crack of dawn playing. Few months later my family got a new PC and I've been around ever since.

So yeah, played ESF well before I even played Half-Life. I don't think I played HL for a year or so after that.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My primary interests were cartoons, videogames, and weed. A few LANs later, everything else was inevitable.

Best answers
Three years ago, I remembered that when i was little i used to watch dbz, but unfourtnatly I never understood what they were saying because they spoke english and i couldnt speak or understand english, so i watched it again and thought that it was just perfect. ofcourse like all good things, dbz had an end and i was not satisfied so i searched for dbz games on pc sience i didnt have any gaming console. I found thins homepage http://dragonballzgamesforpc.yolasite.com
I played zeq2, bid for power, lbz3d and ofcourse esf, and i fell in love with it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom