Forums updated to the latest version

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
As the title says, I've updated the forums to the latest version. Please share any issues, errors, breakdowns you might encounter. The only thing that has broken down is the HL verification icons, hence that has been set to "W.I.P".

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
The only thing that has broken down is the HL verification icons, hence that has been set to "W.I.P".
Not really. There's also the activity stream, the member colour legend at the bottom. Those are both broken. I assume it overwrote some sort of config file. Meh.

Also this: Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see that.

--- edit ---

I don't see that.

jk I do now

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I spilled water on my computer while viewing your forum now my computer won't start. Obvious forum bug, GET IT FIXED JERK.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Relax. Too much beer will make you more agressive DaRkOwNs. And Sky, I have more problems, the color names. The errors I've had must be fixed asap.
Warning: file_get_contents(http://forum.esforces.com/index.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error in include() (line 13 of /var/www/esf/www.esforces.com/sites/all/themes/esf/page.tpl.php).
Notice: Undefined variable: forumStatsString in include() (line 160 of /var/www/esf/www.esforces.com/sites/all/themes/esf/page.tpl.php).
Up here is the first page. The second page (forums; while I am logging in) is just telling me line 4 and line 5 code is broken. And the "Activity Stream" is not working. You should probably fix that up.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
1. Activity stream
Currently disabled, will find a replacement.

Also this: Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../newreply.php on line 389
Currently searching what is causing it.

3. Usergroup legend bar.
I've removed this on purpose to replace it with a better one.

Warning: file_get_contents(http://forum.esforces.com/index.php): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error in include() (line 13 of /var/www/esf/www.esforces.com/sites/all/themes/esf/page.tpl.php).
Notice: Undefined variable: forumStatsString in include() (line 160 of /var/www/esf/www.esforces.com/sites/all/themes/esf/page.tpl.php).
Seems to be a system for the main website to gain the latest posts, but no longer works after the forum update. Someone that has worked / added this on the main site should fix this.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the future, refrain from double posting, Sky. Thank you.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
See this little crown?

Gives me the right to double post ;).

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
SKYKRIDERRRR

What did you do? D:

--- edit ---

SKYKRIDERRRR

What did you do? D:

Also:

Also, when I click on "Features"

4U1Kb.jpg

Also, YOU REMOVED THE OLDSCHOOL THEME! D:

Last edited:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I fixed the 'newreply' issue, with a small bypass. As for the features part, I know about it. Currently in to fixing this as well. Oldschool is still there, just hidden.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
Wow, I never thought that an update could break the forum so badly! What benefits were in this new upgrade anyway?

@Grega, I died at your post!

(actually just post this, so that I could say that!)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also when loging in you get the following lines on the redirect screen. There doesnt seem to be an issue with them though.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_login.php(204) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_login.php(204) : eval()'d code on line 5

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Wow, I never thought that an update could break the forum so badly! What benefits were in this new upgrade anyway?

@Grega, I died at your post!

(actually just post this, so that I could say that!)
I usually update due to bug fixes, of which I find important. Such vBulletin 4.2.2 contains a total of 109 bug fixes, improvement requests, and feature requests. But also because the latest version has PHP 5.4 compatibility.

Also when loging in you get the following lines on the redirect screen. There doesnt seem to be an issue with them though.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_login.php(204) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_login.php(204) : eval()'d code on line 5
I thought this was only the Admin Control Panel of which I ignored. I'll see what is causing the issue and fix it.

But with vB 4.2.2, there seems to be so many changes that it appears to be breaking a lot of plugins that were installed. But with some patience, all shall be solved. hopefully.

Last edited:
Force Pit Member
Best answers
You the man Sky, I actually never imagined that it was a lot of work behind the scenes when running a forum! Good job nonetheless!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's an error on the main site

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Read post #5, it has been mentioned. Thanks. It has to be fixed by whomever added it on the front page. I'll check it out though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is zenny used for?

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
What is zenny used for?
Apparently there is supposed to be a Zenny store, but I don't know what happened with that. I'm sending all my Zenny to you, to fund any and all future operations by the Nix. Also because there's no shop and I don't care about the money. :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
↑ I will take your real money, if you have any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom