Z Enters Unity ! Windows game

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hated the Zeq2 melee and this one seems to be the same so...yeah.
But don't mind me, good luck with the project.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea, not a great idea to copy over Zeq2 stuff. If you're going to use anything else, you should probably go with a game/mod that's not awful at every level.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I enjoy Raging Blast 2/Budokai Tenkaichi 3's melee and overall gameplay system a lot more than ESF so why not copy that one. ESF's is just dash right click dash press some arrows. Throw someone cause why not.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I enjoy Raging Blast 2/Budokai Tenkaichi 3's melee and overall gameplay system a lot more than ESF so why not copy that one. ESF's is just dash right click dash press some arrows. Throw someone cause why not.
The idea is to outmaneuver your opponent and strike when he shows an opening instead of winning in a brawl ^^

Thats why we allways say ESF is not a fighter and is more of a air combat game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My main complaint with ESF is that it doesn't feel satisfying to kill someone.
I guess that depends on the person. Getting that 1 kill in an intense match where you are mostly dominated by the other player feels really satisfying. Ofcourse not getting that 1 kill in is really discouraging to the player ^^

But yea you probably wont like the final as the HP has been increased.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So the faster character always wins game style huh? Interesting. I have had a passion for hating the Tenkaichi Series and the Raging Blast games just felt so sickly to me. Budokai 3, Infinite World, and Burst Limit were my style. Burst limit was perfect literally.

Best answers
oh hello everyone! i just saw this thead hmm well here is the thing this game will not be like zeq2 lit or esf or budukai tenkaichi 3 or anyother game this will have an entirely new combat system ! with twist of combat from all the great dbz games in one game! and let alone this will not be just a game where u play like its a game this will be a game where the anime comes to life with a game! that is the game will feature anime like cutsceans in game form with voice remasterd maybe! ect. oh and the destruction test was just a test i have not planed to import that in to the game yet and yes the game is just 1 month old with this much progress ! and also yes i said to dida that he will become an beta tester when this gets atleast ready for an premature state alpha not prealpha but as a test like prealpha like state (or what ever u call it that is a very begining form of the game! i might add multiplayer by the number of help i get like model'rs animators ect . i been though a lot of research this game might turn out good even if its a slight simple now!
i started this cause there aint no dbz game comeing this year even so its comeing for consoles mainly , and a slight another thing (private) and so i did this for the fans .

the above things such as the things im going to implant are not yet in it but will be there in the future!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPEY2BDn4UY

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My main complaint with ESF is that it doesn't feel satisfying to kill someone.
It's not satisfying yet. This is a game that ultimately rewards you for constant practice. ESF probably has the highest learning curve of any game I've ever played. I can't even begin to describe how satisfying it is to beat your "rival" in a first to 10 points duel or how it feels to pull off a complicated maneuver at the flick of your wrist and have it pay off.

There's a reason this mod is still alive, and it's not because of it's bright, cheery fanbase.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Speaking of bright and cheery fanbases - if sitting back and doing nothing while watching prerendered iconic fight sequences is your thing, you should probably know they invented this cool animated series called Dragonball Z, you should check it out!

They even have technology which allows you to play and edit the specific parts you want to watch over and over! With careful planning, you and your friends could be watching the exact same experience at the same time, and feel like you're actually there! WOW! What a time to be alive...

Best answers
Speaking of bright and cheery fanbases - if sitting back and doing nothing while watching prerendered iconic fight sequences is your thing, you should probably know they invented this cool animated series called Dragonball Z, you should check it out!

They even have technology which allows you to play and edit the specific parts you want to watch over and over! With careful planning, you and your friends could be watching the exact same experience at the same time, and feel like you're actually there! WOW! What a time to be alive...
How is that related to the topic?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is that automated or does the players have any control over it?

Best answers
Is that automated or does the players have any control over it?
i have massive control plan for it but for now ill keep it just a show (or partly automatic for now) after we do goku vs vegeta map and battel ill add control over it! this game going to have multiple massive combat :) not just button mashing and fighting, rpg, mmo ect ! oh and KYnetiK ill keep in mind what u said above :)

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sigh ...

Dida, use your head for once and just read between the lines.

If you're going to make a DBZ game that focuses on accurately depicting iconic fights and techniques, then you need to give the player control over it in a way that makes it an actual game and not simply forcing the player to choose between rails. You can't develop a quality game on novelty alone. Button mashing is fine so long as you have to think about what you should be mashing.

Otherwise, you are better off saving your energy and just watching the damn show. (Maybe it's just not the same masturbating to unless you can view the action from behind the character? Freud would probably agree)

This is not an easy task as a game designer, and made much more difficult when network connections are involved. Personally, I've been waiting for (and trying to design&build) an intricate, fast paced fighter within an MMO framework, for many years. I think if you can pull it off in at least a single player mode on this platform it could be very interesting. However at this stage, it seems the only structured framework you have for development is juvenile at best, and I suspect this to become just another glossy pick-your-video game to satisfy the giddy fanboys fresh off their mums teat. You know, when a chef cooks a meal, he doesn't simply grab everything that tastes good, mix it together, and expect it to taste delicious. Why? Because it doesn't work that way. But that's the approach I see you using, IMHO.

Last edited:
Best answers
sigh ...

Dida, use your head for once and just read between the lines.

If you're going to make a DBZ game that focuses on accurately depicting iconic fights and techniques, then you need to give the player control over it in a way that makes it an actual game and not simply forcing the player to choose between rails. You can't develop a quality game on novelty alone. Button mashing is fine so long as you have to think about what you should be mashing.

Otherwise, you are better off saving your energy and just watching the damn show. (Maybe it's just not the same masturbating to unless you can view the action from behind the character? Freud would probably agree)

This is not an easy task as a game designer, and made much more difficult when network connections are involved. Personally, I've been waiting for (and trying to design&build) an intricate, fast paced fighter within an MMO framework, for many years. I think if you can pull it off in at least a single player mode on this platform it could be very interesting. However at this stage, it seems the only structured framework you have for development is juvenile at best, and I suspect this to become just another glossy pick-your-video game to satisfy the giddy fanboys fresh off their mums teat. You know, when a chef cooks a meal, he doesn't simply grab everything that tastes good, mix it together, and expect it to taste delicious. Why? Because it doesn't work that way. But that's the approach I see you using, IMHO.

idk what ur IMHO means though but i can allways try and i assure u when this is 100% finished it wont be just a mix or something ! (i know what u mean). and well i already made an mmo game but it simply under pause due to lack of animators and modlers ect . http://www.moddb.com/games/spirits-of-zanpakuto but then again im not over my heads ill try my best to satisfy the fans of DBZ!

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In My Honest Opinion.

I apologise for my tone, it is not personally directed. Just having a bad day.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would also have to say, if it is anything like Advanced Melee in ESF, scrap it and start over with a new Melee style.
I can understand mashing for something like this:
- Two people clash head to head in melee, Most ASDF buttons mashed wins
- Power Struggle ( Drains Ki base on every 10 buttons mashed and puts it forward to the ki beam )

That is all I could really see it used for.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even so it wouldn't really be a good thing. For example i love the power struggles in ESF especially after they added the beam pump system in the open-beta.
The melee is a tricky thing to handle in this type of game/genre considering you use it a lot.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mashing and network connections never go well together anyway. I think the key to designing these sort of things is to use a 'minigames' logic, or like ESF:F the use of rock-paper-scissors mechanics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom