SO CONFUSED

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i created my own server on steam for esf 1.2.3 ecx rc2 and when i tried to connect to it, it says steam validation rejected or something but i bought half life on steam

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
put in server console:

sv_lan 1 | sv_lan 0 (and try if works)

What do you use to create the server?
hldsupdatetool or steamcmd?
some metamod plugin installed?

---
(i don't know if i'm right but: in feb 2013 there's was an update of Amxmodx [1.8.2] for the update of hl... older version maybe don't work in the lastest hl server version)

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i created my own server on steam for esf 1.2.3 ecx rc2 and when i tried to connect to it, it says steam validation rejected or something but i bought half life on steam
I have the exact same problem. I use HLDS from Tools in the Steam Library. I port-forwarded the correct port, there are no blockages, but my server just won't appear. If I try to join it with IP it says STEAM VALIDATION REJECTED too. Can anyone please help? I can join other servers just fine, but not mine.

Why did u just read this?
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I would realy like to help u two guys but my hlds is broken right now...and I'm not that experienced with those servers because i started mine only about 3 times or so. Maybe look if the server is right Configurated...There's also one thing I'm thinking of that could help: try to add ur server to favourites with this word here: "localhost" (without the quotes) but seriously i don't think that this will help either maybe u should google a litle bit if u haven't or maybe Grega could help you ;).

Ps: sry for my bad english but im a litle bit tired right now :/ I will google now for u,if u are to lazy ;)

Edit: Try this: go into you dedicated server folder (there should be the hlds.exe located) than make an text file with that name: "steam_appid" (without the quotes), open it write 10 in it.Safe and close, than it should be finished.

thx google!
here i found that possibility, were in many cases the same error!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782402

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can not. I dont know much about server stuff. I believe Hlev and Shady are the best source for that in the community

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom