US government recognizes League of Legends players as pro athletes

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Skipping them would imply I was on a page with said replies, and, as put "skipped them". I didn't bother to look past the first page. Can't skip something you never saw, you go on not knowing they ever existed.
what the **** are you

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So you're saying the person who hits the button faster than the other doesn't matter? Fighting games are all about timing and agility of the hands.
I'm saying the person that hit's the buttons with more accuracy matters. For example, SF2. It's about about knowing what frames of animation your opponent is invincible during, and when they are open. Not about the speed at which you can mash said buttons.

EDIT: Let me also add that... what you suggested is nothing like what I was talking about at all. Being able to press a button at a high rate of speed does not equate to physical fitness, which is implied by said definitions.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm saying the person that hit's the buttons with more accuracy matters. For example, SF2. It's about about knowing what frames of animation your opponent is invincible during, and when they are open. Not about the speed at which you can mash said buttons.

EDIT: Let me also add that... what you suggested is nothing like what I was talking about at all. Being able to press a button at a high rate of speed does not equate to physical fitness, which is implied by said definitions.

I was just directing at one sentence. I kinda didn't read the rest of them.
So what you are saying is, you do not need to practice to get timing down with your hands?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a "professional athlete", I'd like to state agility and dexterity are not the same thing and, if anything, playing video games requires manual dexterity; not agility. The closest I've seen gaming get to a sport in terms of physical fitness and agility is a DDR competition. And let's face it, their fitness doesn't begin to compare to an actual athlete's.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I was just directing at one sentence. I kinda didn't read the rest of them.
So what you are saying is, you do not need to practice to get timing down with your hands?
Since you're not fully reading my replies on the subject, I'm going to have to just start quoting myself.

I wasn't implying that they shouldn't be viewed as people with skill above the average person in whatever field they practice their skill in. Just that the term "athlete", has a rather set in stone definition, and there was really no reason to change from the term "Professional Gamer".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom