RIP Deman

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
So, I wake up this morning to see Deman tagged in a bunch of posts on facebook, turns out the guy was tragically taken in a car accident. For those of you don't know the guy, he was an admin here and a long time member who joined around the same time I did. Old members know him as ChannelForThePain/Miroku/Deman.

He was like the first friend I made over the internet, he grew up poor like I did and was into guitar and a lot of similar things I was. When I lived in an abusive household as a teenager he let me drive up to Colorado and stay with him for a bit. He was one of the nicest guys on this board, and not a trolling ass like I was. The guy was one of the bigger contributors when this place was active and a damn good mod/friend. It seems like yesterday we'd be cracking Subway/Weed jokes to each other all the time.

Goodbye Devin, those of us who remember and knew you will severely miss you.

edit: from page 2.

http://rogersfunerals.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2131443&fh_id=14501#.UchxNy1YmzA.facebook

So come on guys, let's surprise his family. Anyone who has the money to spare buy a gift and send it in, you don't have to sign your real name, you can use your alias "From ESF" on the dedication. I really think his family would appreciate it when they see a bunch of chuckle****s from the internet were touched by their son/brother/uncle in a way that they get a flood of gifts for him at his funeral. Let's show them how much of a presence Devin had guys.

You Have until Friday, June 28th 11AM Mountain time (the service time/date) to get a gift sent in. Do it if you can.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't believe this, it's just so unfair and sad.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My condolences to his family.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Such sad news, He was a great guy.

He will be missed

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
For Those Interested In Sending Support To His Family

Within the next few days I'm going to try and contact those closer to him and find out his family's residence if they wish to share that info, and am going to try and organize and condolence gift from this community. It will probably be something like flowers/cards/dedications/etc. (Thanks Sub and Zeo for the idea). It would be nice to show his family that there is a whole community online that really liked the guy. So if anyone is interested PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD so we can organize something nice for his family.

Wish I stayed in touch with the guy more frequently over the past, but that's moot and I'll just cherish all the internet buddying we had before that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeez, now i feel like an ******* for assuming this was a joke thread. Very sorry to hear that.

I used to play against him every once in a while way back when. I believe he was also a server admin.

This should be one of those admin assigned required-to-view posts.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shit :eek:

I couldnt believe it when Deverz told me. Im speechless.

Even though our interaction were just some talks over IRC back in the day, still Magus if there is a chance for me to help with the condolence gift do tell me. But itll have to be a direct bank to bank transfer. So lets talk about that over PM.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't even know what to say...

He was one of the first people to talk to me in this community as well when I first started posting. He was a pretty badass guy!
My condolences to his family...

We need to do something as a community for this.
It's the least we can do for all he did for this community.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow i cant belive that, is too sad, he was a nice person. we will miss him so much.
ps: we should make this thread visible to all people in the forum i think

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Man, what a pain. He has a child and he has to leave it so soon...
It's a tough day and I wish his family the best. Especially on the mental side.

You don't have to know this person in order to have sympathy.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man, what a pain. He has a child and he has to leave it so soon...
It's a tough day and I wish his family the best. Especially on the mental side.

You don't have to know this person in order to have sympathy.
It's his nephew in the pic, He wasn't a family man yet :(

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Man.. I really don't know what to say. This is really something I didn't expect,... At all. My condolences.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🥉Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
we will see u in the future

Legacy
★ Black Lounger ★
Discord Member
Best answers
Terrible news... I didn't get to a chance to know the guy, but it's always sad hearing that such a good person is no longer with us. My condolences.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
That's really sad to hear, my condolences. I'm all for contributing to the gift.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I will contribute as well.

Rest in peace.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never knew Deman personally but he was always "De Man" of the community to me. I'm kinda hurting just a little bit because he's still rocking the avatar and signature I made for him a few years ago.

RIP Deman.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh wow, such an unfair and early way to go :(. With car accidents I always wonder if it was another driver, mechanical failure, human error, etc. I hope his family is doing alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom