Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Deman

IM

Default RIP Deman

So, I wake up this morning to see Deman tagged in a bunch of posts on facebook, turns out the guy was tragically taken in a car accident. For those of you don't know the guy, he was an admin here and a long time member who joined around the same time I did. Old members know him as ChannelForThePain/Miroku/Deman.

He was like the first friend I made over the internet, he grew up poor like I did and was into guitar and a lot of similar things I was. When I lived in an abusive household as a teenager he let me drive up to Colorado and stay with him for a bit. He was one of the nicest guys on this board, and not a trolling ass like I was. The guy was one of the bigger contributors when this place was active and a damn good mod/friend. It seems like yesterday we'd be cracking Subway/Weed jokes to each other all the time.

Goodbye Devin, those of us who remember and knew you will severely miss you.

edit: from page 2.

http://rogersfunerals.com/fh/obituar...1YmzA.facebook

So come on guys, let's surprise his family. Anyone who has the money to spare buy a gift and send it in, you don't have to sign your real name, you can use your alias "From ESF" on the dedication. I really think his family would appreciate it when they see a bunch of chuckle****s from the internet were touched by their son/brother/uncle in a way that they get a flood of gifts for him at his funeral. Let's show them how much of a presence Devin had guys.

You Have until Friday, June 28th 11AM Mountain time (the service time/date) to get a gift sent in. Do it if you can.
    Last edited by Eon; Jun 25th, 2013 at 09:13 PM.

IM
      Send a message via AIM to Sub

I can't believe this, it's just so unfair and sad.

IM

My condolences to his family.

Such sad news, He was a great guy.

He will be missed

Public Relations and Forum Admin

<hleV> Speaking of whores, how's your mom doing?
    <Deverz> Very good, It's hard work rehabilitating prostitutes though
    <Avenger> Don't worry hleV, Deverz' mum will rehabilitate yours soon

Dzamija: "If you were having a heart attack, your dog would run to get you help, while your cat would just stand there and wait until you die so it can eat your head."

IM

For Those Interested In Sending Support To His Family

Within the next few days I'm going to try and contact those closer to him and find out his family's residence if they wish to share that info, and am going to try and organize and condolence gift from this community. It will probably be something like flowers/cards/dedications/etc. (Thanks Sub and Zeo for the idea). It would be nice to show his family that there is a whole community online that really liked the guy. So if anyone is interested PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD so we can organize something nice for his family.

Wish I stayed in touch with the guy more frequently over the past, but that's moot and I'll just cherish all the internet buddying we had before that.

Jeez, now i feel like an ******* for assuming this was a joke thread. Very sorry to hear that.

I used to play against him every once in a while way back when. I believe he was also a server admin.

This should be one of those admin assigned required-to-view posts.

Shit :o

I couldnt believe it when Deverz told me. Im speechless.

Even though our interaction were just some talks over IRC back in the day, still Magus if there is a chance for me to help with the condolence gift do tell me. But itll have to be a direct bank to bank transfer. So lets talk about that over PM.

Sig made by Voltage
    |ESF testing squad|

I don't even know what to say...

He was one of the first people to talk to me in this community as well when I first started posting. He was a pretty badass guy!
    My condolences to his family...

We need to do something as a community for this.
    It's the least we can do for all he did for this community.

wow i cant belive that, is too sad, he was a nice person. we will miss him so much.
    ps: we should make this thread visible to all people in the forum i think

Public Relations and Forum Admin

<hleV> Speaking of whores, how's your mom doing?
    <Deverz> Very good, It's hard work rehabilitating prostitutes though
    <Avenger> Don't worry hleV, Deverz' mum will rehabilitate yours soon

Dzamija: "If you were having a heart attack, your dog would run to get you help, while your cat would just stand there and wait until you die so it can eat your head."

Thread Information