Map error

Best answers
Hey guys I was opening esf but it said: Error couldn't open Namek.wad. What is that? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Namek.wad is a pack full of textures, specifically used for the namek map(s).

Basically, you're gonna have to reinstall ESF. This error might be caused by things like a corrupt file, a virus, a mod that you mightn't have installed properly, or anything else that might interfere with the game.
um, no. stop giving false advice.

You need to download namek.wad to play on the map you're trying to play on. I think it can be found on esf-world.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've had the same thing happen but with Guru, but then i fixed it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
snow.wad is a custom file, not one of the old ESF files. Meaning youll have to find the map it was originally made for and download that.

Though i think it was the SDBZ map pack. -> http://gamers-desire.de/jdownloads/esf-world/maps/sdbz-map-pack

REMEMBER this is only a guess on my part. I am not sure if it actually is in that map pack or if its with a different map.

If you dont mind missing textures ingame though, you can copy an existing .wad and simply rename it to snow.wad

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seems Horatio was right. You owe someone a sorry.
um, what? Except he wasn't right. I, as well as other people, have had this issue in the past and it was solved without having to reinstall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom