Tutorial / Getting started

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
The title more or less says it all really..

To keep this short and simple.. Ive wondered if some sort of small game mode was implemented into the final version of esf 1.3 like a "getting started" or "learn the basics"

Version 1

The server loads up (must be private) and the player is given a short walkthrough of basic controls and attacks in which you must partake in to pass each stage of the tutorial (Similar to the practise/training modes on the dbz games)

Version 2

A pre-recorded video is shown of basic controls and maneuvers,,i was thinking maybe a short list of topics which you can click on and the video loads up for each one. Something similar to the flash tutorial which was made for esf 1.2.3

Version 3

A colourful dbz themed wallpaper is shown which is user friendly and gives you the "jist" of the controls.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080828035216/devilmaycry/images/7/7e/Map_Tutorial.png
I quite like this concept.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
And before any one says it, please don't bring up the combat guide video. Nice as it is. I don't see the point in even releasing that so far away from release. Something directly attached to the game would be neat, and make fights more interesting from the get go.(Hell attach that vid even/it may need updating)

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well, something like this would be cool, but at the same time it shouldn't give out too much information so players can discover something themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom