1.2.3 toggle fly issue

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So my friend used the (right) shift key to toggle fly and has been using that for years, all of a sudden it doesn't work anymore. I tried it myself to see if it wasn't just him and his friend and the same happened with me as well. However, we're all able to bind it to other stuff (confirmed with myself by binding it to teleport and that worked just fine). I'm wondering why this happened, I don't know if it's because of the latest update or not as I play with all default keys personally except for teleport on mousewheel, he just told me he recently found out he couldn't.

As an experienced ESF player you'll know the ability to toggle fly on the button you're used to after years and having the ability to drift is important so...

Anybody with the same issue and/or a solution? Would appreciate if you could look into it for a minute or two.

Best answers
how strange...

I just went into a server and checked to see if I could find anything. I found out that my left shift and my right shift perform the exact same function: which is fly downwards - however my right shift is not bound only left shift is lol

Did this happen after the latest patch?

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Togan told the user about mapping keys and changed it into thinking shift is F, so yeah it worked that way. Somehow shift + toggle fly just wouldn't work unless you trick ur PC into thinking it's something else.

Program's called sharp keys.

Miro was his test buddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom