The world is about to change

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Looks like it's been around for a bit. Good luck getting a major automobile company, along with all the other logistics involved to move forward in a meaningful way. Oil companies have plenty of lobbyists ready to prevent any competition.

Discord Member
Best answers
Looks like it's been around for a bit. Good luck getting a major automobile company, along with all the other logistics involved to move forward in a meaningful way. Oil companies have plenty of lobbyists ready to prevent any competition.
nokia was given a 1.5 billion dollar grant to start mass producing this stuff. We have like what, 50 years left worth of oil? or something along those lines. It has a million other uses anyway i.e. super computers become much cheaper to make, stronger then kevlar, it's so small that you can put it within your clothes and be protected from bullets or knives 24/7. Personally I can't wait to see what else this is going to be used for.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Well godspeed to Nokia then. I hope they do something with it. If any funding was given to any American companies I'd have no faith. Especially after the 90s when Bill Clinton approved funding for better internet infrastructure and the grant was given to the various ISPs...which they just ended up embezzling.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The title is kind of wrong, because the world is always changing.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ill call BS. Electric cars are pretty viable at this very moment, some even outperforming cars that run on fuel. There were also attempts to use the hydrogen in the water as a fuel source for a clean propellant, but guess what. The oil industry stopped all of it cold.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they made a car powered by farts, then THAT would change the world.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Ill call BS. Electric cars are pretty viable at this very moment, some even outperforming cars that run on fuel. There were also attempts to use the hydrogen in the water as a fuel source for a clean propellant, but guess what. The oil industry stopped all of it cold.
Well the electric car issues happened in USA afaik, not sure about the water-as-fuel thingy. The Graphene discovery is scalating pretty quickly and with this internet era everyone is very well informed, unlike a decade ago. The nano-technology is developing really fast lately and i dont think the oil industry can do anything about it anymore, because is just a matter of time before an oil replacement is found.

RBE

Best answers
The oil industry needs to get final flashed. I hope someone can form a organized rebellion and "take out" these corrupt congressive parasites, at least one at a time, including lobbyist.

We need to educate are selves and start a revolution.

--- edit ---

Well the electric car issues happened in USA afaik, not sure about the water-as-fuel thingy. The Graphene discovery is scalating pretty quickly and with this internet era everyone is very well informed, unlike a decade ago. The nano-technology is developing really fast lately and i dont think the oil industry can do anything about it anymore, because is just a matter of time before an oil replacement is found.
What I'm worried about is that the nano-technology will just be exploited by the military industrial complex and other groups that don't have the general populations well being in mind.

Some people fear technology but, it isn't technology we need to be afraid of it is the misuse of technology (profit/private/secret/selfish interest) that we should worry about.

The more power these "private interest" get, the more difficult it willl be to stop them.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Any good piece of tech will be used by NASA/the military before it gets cheaply produced for the civilian populace. Yea it can be misused, but it's a good thing when the military gets some toys to play with. It builds up investor support for it to start getting mass production.

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
What I'm worried about is that the nano-technology will just be exploited by the military industrial complex and other groups that don't have the general populations well being in mind.

Some people fear technology but, it isn't technology we need to be afraid of it is the misuse of technology (profit/private/secret/selfish interest) that we should worry about.

The more power these "private interest" get, the more difficult it willl be to stop them.
The misuse of technology will always happen. Nobel never intended to invent the dynamite to hurt people, but that's what it's most used for.
War will always exist no matter what we do, even if we had to use sticks to fight, we'll do so. But our planet's resources are getting scarce and it is important that we
find a way to replace fossil fuel, a way to replace photosynthesis, a way to create our own resources in order to survive for the following centuries.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The misuse of technology will always happen. Nobel never intended to invent the dynamite to hurt people, but that's what it's most used for.
War will always exist no matter what we do, even if we had to use sticks to fight, we'll do so. But our planet's resources are getting scarce and it is important that we
find a way to replace fossil fuel, a way to replace photosynthesis, a way to create our own resources in order to survive for the following centuries.
Add to that a way to control the child birth rate! Too many people taking advantage of the benefits scheme! Why in the world would a country encourage mass overpopulation is beyond me! (Sorry this is more aimed at the UK as I don't know what the other countries are like, but I am disgusted regarding the situation over here)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Add to that a way to control the child birth rate! Too many people taking advantage of the benefits scheme! Why in the world would a country encourage mass overpopulation is beyond me! (Sorry this is more aimed at the UK as I don't know what the other countries are like, but I am disgusted regarding the situation over here)
Aging of the populance. With the majority of people to old to work and not enough young people to actually do the work there is no future for a country. This is the thread that almost all first world countries face.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
there was a complete substitute for fossil fuel and engines 50 years ago...
everything we have/do today is paying for things that actually are obsolete....

Badassologist Ph/D
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
there was a complete substitute for fossil fuel and engines 50 years ago...
everything we have/do today is paying for things that actually are obsolete....
yup pretty much true. what do you get when you mix gang bangers and business ethics? the oil companies.

Best answers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

It will be the greatest invention in human history and it will bring massive change.

It can be used as a conductor = super battery = electric cars actually become good = good bye fossil fuels
eh... conductor just means that it conducts something (the article talks about heat, electricity, light) well, not that it can be used as a super battery.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
eh... conductor just means that it conducts something (the article talks about heat, electricity, light) well, not that it can be used as a super battery.
no you're wrong because I saw this guy on youtube and he said

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its a fairly preposterous claim considering how much untapped crude is still out there, including in the continental US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom