Fixes for bugs in ESF+HL1 Beta (Inlcluding other HL1 mods and CS 1.6)

Proud owner of ESF:Final
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
i used ur fixes to run esf the stuffs with beta beta and shit clean reinstall and shit i install nnk in common/halflife in ingame i can select map but then after load is finsihed its flickering!!!

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
i used ur fixes to run esf the stuffs with beta beta and shit clean reinstall and shit i install nnk in common/halflife in ingame i can select map but then after load is finsihed its flickering!!!
Try -nofbo

Right click on NNK in your Steam library, click the general tab and put in "-nofbo" as a launch parameter.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
working now with ALOT of other bugs like some hud features not working or sprites not showing or the mouse always goes to the middle

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Well I don't know if these hud bugs are related to nofbo, try type this in your console m_rawinput 1 and see if you still have the mouse bugs. As for the HUD I can't think of why it wouldn't work. (I haven't tested NNK after the update though, might wanna try it)

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Sticky please !!

Very helpfull , thnx !!

Project Manager
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
m_rawinput issues have been fixed if you set your Half-Life to receive the beta updates.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
it is and was already in beta beta
I'm not sure what you're saying here.

Raven is letting people know they can opt-in to the HL1 beta and it will fix the mouse issue

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
yes but it says in registering it into beta : beta beta wich means i get already the beta updates didnt fixed nothing in nnk

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
yes but it says in registering it into beta : beta beta wich means i get already the beta updates didnt fixed nothing in nnk
What?

Also this is the ESF forum, We don't fix NNK issues

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Opting into the beta is not always good anymore, try without?

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
There's this post from another forum I frequent, you could maybe use some of that.

ASTYLE said:
I had a few users message me about Counter-Strike 1.6 settings after the new updates Valve has implemented so I'll try to explain some of the new commands here and how to make CS as close to how it used to be as possible.

I'm not sure what exactly some of the commands do, so if someone sees this and knows what they do/where to find that information, let me know and I will update the post accordingly.

Commands:

โ€ข rate "100000" (new maximum 100000)
โ€ข cl_updaterate "102" (new maximum 102)
โ€ข fps_max "100" (caps it at 100.5 but feels smoother than 99.5; some users suggested CS calculated FPS wrong now)
โ€ข hud_fastswitch "2" (same as 1 used to be)
โ€ข m_customaccel "0" (not sure what exactly; i set them all to 0 because i don't use any software acceleration)
โ€ข m_customaccel_exponent "0"
โ€ข m_customaccel_max "0"
โ€ข m_customaccel_scale "0"
โ€ข m_rawinput "1" (raw input; replaces rinput which was an external software)
โ€ข cl_mousegrab "0" (not sure what exactly it does)
โ€ข gl_vsync "0" (turns off vertical sync)
โ€ข gl_ansio "0" (turns off anisotrophic filtering)

Launch options:

โ€ข -nofbo (makes rendering similar to how it used to be and removes anti-aliasing)
โ€ข -nomsaa (only removes anti-aliasing; not needed if you use -nofbo)
โ€ข -noforcemparms (if not used, windows will uncheck "enhanced pointer precision every time you load CS)
โ€ข -freq X (sets your refresh rate; command was brought back)
โ€ข -stretchaspect removes blackbars so you can use a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution in widescreen

Misc:
โ€ข Video tab: uncheck "Enable HD models" to get rid of CS:CZ player models
โ€ข Video tab: "Low video quality" sets 16 bit colors

It's also worth pointing out that the other noforce commands no longer function (as far as I know) so you will have to (and should) use m_rawinput 1 if you wish to get rid of acceleration.

If you want to use software acceleration, you have to play around with those values to get them corrected.

Finally, if you play CS 1.6 on a laptop that uses NVIDIA Optimus technology (basically it means switching between an onboard Intel video card and an NVIDIA card), you will likely have to do the following to avoid huge FPS drops:

"cs is no longer recognized as a game so it's being run on the onboard video card and your fps sucks as a result.

"you need to add hl.exe as a game in nvidia control panel's program settings, and change the preferred gfx processor to nvidia. if like for me, it's blocked, you need to use nvidia inspector (http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/93516335/file.html) to fix it.

"after adding hl.exe, load up nvidia inspector and click on the driver settings button in the middle of the program, next to your driver version.

"find half life from the drop down menu, scroll down to "enable application optimus option" and set it to "SHIM_RENDERING_MODE_ENABLE" and click apply settings.

"open up nvidia control panel again (you have to close it or it will stay greyed out), change it to nvidia, click apply. for me this reverted the setting and made it greyed out again, but once i re-did the fix on nvidia inspector, it stayed as nvidia and my fps issues were fixed."

Hope that helps those who still want to frag in Counter-Strike 1.6 and haven't been able to figure out the proper settings to use.

Cheers!

Best answers
Thanks for help but i have a problem:-

after opening the game and loading the map the game start but after a few seconds from playing the game

closes and it shows an error in the game .

can you help me

thanks for reading

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Cause you are trying to use bots in the open beta. They dont work in that version. Stick toi 1.2 for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom