Merry Christmas

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what else is fun? Being completely and utterly surprised when the game randomly comes out, because you don't devote every last second fretting over a game.

Best answers
In lieu of making an assumption, I'll ask. Are you suggesting that I am devoting every second of my time anticipating the release of this game? If so, I'll have to correct you in saying that your insinuation is in fact a fallacy, and that ESF is one of the many games I play/ follow so isn't my top priority. :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In lieu of making an assumption, I'll ask. Are you suggesting that I am devoting every second of my time anticipating the release of this game? If so, I'll have to correct you in saying that your insinuation is in fact a fallacy, and that ESF is one of the many games I play/ follow so isn't my top priority. :)
In lieu of making an assumption, I'll ask. Am I to understand you've taken my statement literally, and by the letter of my words rather than the spirit? Because if this is true, I'll have to correct you through the use of a quote by a gentleman I hold dear to my heart:

Woe to the makers of literal translations, who by rendering every word weaken the meaning! It is indeed by doing so that we can say the letter kills, and the spirit gives life.

Voltaire

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
And namek is changing one's colours when is there a sunset??.

crazy love "ESF" player
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I like this trailer ;D

thank ESF team!!

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The whole ESF team are a bunch of c*** teases!

Looking forward to seeing the trailer, I'm working New Year's eve though... :(

Great work guys!

Best answers
In lieu of making an assumption, I'll ask. Am I to understand you've taken my statement literally, and by the letter of my words rather than the spirit? Because if this is true, I'll have to correct you through the use of a quote by a gentleman I hold dear to my heart:

[/CENTER]
Of course your reply wasn't literal. I just felt the need to make such a retort, seeing as how I had nothing to do at the time.

As for your quote, I don't seem to understand how rendering every word in the most literal form would weaken it. If anything, wouldn't that even more emphasize it's meaning therefore strengthening it?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Of course your reply wasn't literal. I just felt the need to make such a retort, seeing as how I had nothing to do at the time.

As for your quote, I don't seem to understand how rendering every word in the most literal form would weaken it. If anything, wouldn't that even more emphasize it's meaning therefore strengthening it?
Because if you read the words literally, you only get one meaning from them, while taking certain words out of context you can get a lot more meanings and thus giving the words more ability so to speak.

Like the saying that a picture says more than a thousand words.

But enough of that and stay on topic.

Best answers
Because if you read the words literally, you only get one meaning from them, while taking certain words out of context you can get a lot more meanings and thus giving the words more ability so to speak.

Like the saying that a picture says more than a thousand words.

But enough of that and stay on topic.
Thanks for that, Grega. Now onward to the topic!

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ESF guys should make simplified checklist for forum public. Is it so hard?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's incredibly difficult. About as difficult as it is, it seems, for newcomers to not make demands after having been on this forum for a grand total of 1 minute.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Define simplified, and tell me how you would include bugs/tweaks to it.
Grega, example bugs/tweaks checklist:

1) Bugs/tweaks
*Performance tweaks: found 350/ fixed 152
*System tweaks: found 256/ fixed 248
*Gameplay bugs: found 456/ fixed 301
*System bugs: found 504/ fixed 387
*Other ...

2) Models
*Character models: planned 68/ WIP 40/ completed 8
*Other models: planned 84/ WIP 24/ completed 20

3) Maps
*ESF maps: planned 14/ WIP 8/completed 2

4) ...

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
you just make it look simple...
now make this a real time application that updates
when someone actually finishes something or creates something into a wip...

Now this for like what? 10 ppl?
The need of someone to monitor and make sure it works.
And than theres the defenition of what makes 1% complete or counting every little animation/fx thingy that needs to be made...

If raven has to count all lines of code he wrote.. and will write :p
and i have no clue how to check the progress of a wip map

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you just make it look simple...
now make this a real time application that updates
when someone actually finishes something or creates something into a wip...

Now this for like what? 10 ppl?
The need of someone to monitor and make sure it works.
And than theres the defenition of what makes 1% complete or counting every little animation/fx thingy that needs to be made...

If raven has to count all lines of code he wrote.. and will write :p
and i have no clue how to check the progress of a wip map
That and someone to chase after various people constantly asking what they did in the past week.

Besides there are over 400 animations per character form and while some are animated they may not even be in the game yet so checking all that would take up literally hours of time, going though one animation at a time, checking it its ingame and so on. By the time the week ends you will just finish the last week and will have to start from scratch for the new one if we want it as much as a weekly update.

Not to mention there are thousands of lines of code one would have to go though for just the number bugs/tweaks suggestion as you wrote it down.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
That and someone to chase after various people constantly asking what they did in the past week.

Besides there are over 400 animations per character form and while some are animated they may not even be in the game yet so checking all that would take up literally hours of time, going though one animation at a time, checking it its ingame and so on. By the time the week ends you will just finish the last week and will have to start from scratch for the new one if we want it as much as a weekly update.

Not to mention there are thousands of lines of code one would have to go though for just the number bugs/tweaks suggestion as you wrote it down.
Grega, give me this job. I have very good math, statistics skills.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega, give me this job. I have very good math, statistics skills.
Math and statistics have nothing to do with it. The bigger question is do you understand how HL handles models so you can check animations, how HL handles sprites, so you can check effects. And have enough time to spend looking though thousands of animations both outside of the game and inside of the game one by one just so you can get a correct number?

Time is the issue here. Can you guarantee that you will be able to have enough time to continue doing this or will you be another one who disappears after a week or 2. Especially since the devs come from all over the world resulting in staying up late in to the night just to be able to talk to them about their progress.

If you can guarantee that much, then bring the idea to Mastasurf VIA PM and see what he will say about it.

Data Technician
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
A little late, but still :p Merry Christmas and happy new year all! :D

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Happy new year all :).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Math and statistics have nothing to do with it. The bigger question is do you understand how HL handles models so you can check animations, how HL handles sprites, so you can check effects. And have enough time to spend looking though thousands of animations both outside of the game and inside of the game one by one just so you can get a correct number?

Time is the issue here. Can you guarantee that you will be able to have enough time to continue doing this or will you be another one who disappears after a week or 2. Especially since the devs come from all over the world resulting in staying up late in to the night just to be able to talk to them about their progress.

If you can guarantee that much, then bring the idea to Mastasurf VIA PM and see what he will say about it.
How are the animations coming along anyway? All I can think of is poor DT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom