Dragon Ball Z Movie 2013

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I read an interview a while back where Akira said he forgot most of DBZ, characters backrounds, their personalities, ect. He had even forgotten somewhat of the Saiyan Origin story and he said it took him some time to "Re-learn" it all, to do things like this.

He's old, surely, but not so old he'd lose his memory...it seems he just generally doesn't care about what made him super famous and I assume, wealthy.

He does one of these every once in awhile for booze money.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed. He completely forgot who Vegetto was and thought Broly was Bardock.... It was a bit sad to read it. It was a bit of a tear jerker to even read it being as big of a fan of him as I am. I mean he is only 57, he can't be forgetting the manga. I mean... Maybe he is just tired of seeing it being thrown around like it is... I mean I don't see him hating DBZ because it was what revolutionized Anime in multiple places. Majorly in America.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He completely forgot who Vegetto was and thought Broly was Bardock...
Source?

Anyway, how did you end up talking about his memory? By "no longer suited for this" I meant that he's no longer that good of a storyteller. I mean, look at the Boo arc. It's definitely fun, but its writing was really poor in comparison. And it's even a worse case if it was himself who made the characters wear these specific clothes for the upcoming movie.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
maybe this will show gt goten in dragon ball z XD

--- edit ---

Indeed. He completely forgot who Vegetto was and thought Broly was Bardock.... It was a bit sad to read it. It was a bit of a tear jerker to even read it being as big of a fan of him as I am. I mean he is only 57, he can't be forgetting the manga. I mean... Maybe he is just tired of seeing it being thrown around like it is... I mean I don't see him hating DBZ because it was what revolutionized Anime in multiple places. Majorly in America.
You know... when bardock became super saiyan (when he some how went to the past and planet plant or planet vegeta without vegeta lol...) he was the strongest as super saiyan not as strong as broly but he had the circles that changed the color of this sky here I'll give you the link to the video: http://www.dbz.tv/2/watch/dragonball-episode-of-bardock-special/ ok now skip to 14:16 a few seconds later you will notice his hair is flying upward and turning golden hes the strongest SSJ not LSSJ (lol) around or so I think... lol

--- edit ---

ok nvm about the goten thing I didn't notice him BECAUSE OF THE STUPID DAMN PICASLE

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you even talking about...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Where did you all read about Akira and him forgetting things, sounds really sad! Right in the childhood for sure :/
Just to add, my favorite movie is the second Cooler one. When Vegeta swoops in with a dynamic entry kick right to the neck, saving Goku and not wanting his praise, just being a badass that he is. I drooled so hard over that fan service, and that "Kusottare, Bikku Bandu atakku", is one of my most memorable technique moments in the whole series.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was in an interview with Shonen Jump not that long ago. I would say 2007 to beginning of 2008. I wish I still had my copies of it the scan.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hopefully, this movie doesn't embarrass itself with a possibility of GT.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It takes place somewhere after the Buu Saga before the Tournament.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just took a second to look at the trailer on the movie's site, and realized how pumped I was just waiting for any one of the characters to show up.. then it did this "Raging Blast" intro thing over the water and between the mountains and finally showing Goku, and I felt the pull at the corners of my lips and my smile grow. My personal experience of course, just wanted to say that, despite the concerns (some valid, others nit-picky), as a fan, it's still exciting to know that it hasn't 'died'.

Though, with the inclusion of the "english" page for that main site (not really being full on english of course) I wonder if they are going to be dubbing this one and if they are, is the 08' one just going to sit undubbed? Not a big deal to some who rather the Japanese cast anyway, but being a fan who enjoys both versions I am curious about it.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Read half of your post, watched the trailer again, couldn't agree with you more. It's amazing. It is the same way I felt when I watched the Spider-Man movie and wanted to scream of joy and burst into tears at the end of the movie in the cinema. One can't just neglect 10+ years of Dragonball obsession :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It just gives you that nostalgic feeling you had so many years ago watching it on TV with friends or after being outside playing. Oh how I remember it. DBZ will always be my saving grace for nostalgia.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Spoken like a true 80s/early 90s kid! I rewatched the Kai series and it was good, but I much prefer the original! Really stoked about a new movie coming out, would mean a lot to me! It's like the new Amazing Spider-Man movie, he was my childhood hero and I want to burst into tears when he does Spidey-poses in the movie, especially the last on in front of the moon! Shit, I had that picture as a poster in my room when I was little. The same is with Rurouni Kenshin, can't barely wait for the live movie to come out! Many exciting nostalgia feelings incoming!

Best answers
Interesting though it seems this movie is being advertised very well. A lot of people I know who wouldn't normally care about DB have told me about the new movie.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thing is, DBZ to anyone who is young and watched it will understand that it will hold a place in their heart, even when they are 80 years old. DBZ, Astroboy, and Speed Racer are the origins of Anime in America. DBZ brought Anime itself to the World. I remember working in my Cousin's Anime Shop "Fantasy Central" and watching DBZ. I started watching other Anime and reading Manga because I liked DBZ so much. Next thing I know at the age of 16 I was pretty much a Semi-Otaku and turned my Gf at the time into a full blown Anime fan. All with DBZ. Hell I knew girls in high school that said Trunks was their future husband (jokingly).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Haha, awesome childhood indeed. DBZ introduced me to anime as I picked up the German channel RTL2 via satellite dish :p In Sweden we only had like Pokemon and Sailor Moon at the time, so I had to watch the dubbed series first. However, after 2 years when I was like 10-11 years old and we got ADSL at home I got into DC and then I had all of the 276 English dubbed episodes on my computer in Real Media player format (33mb per episode). Low quality but I was so happy! Saw GT shortly after that (DAN DAN KOKORO HIKARETEKU) wasn't impressed :p However, DBZ led to Naruto which led to Bleach and then eventually OP. After that, it was Rurouni Kenshin, Death Note, Code Geass, Inuyasha, Gundam Seed, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and many many others. And now I finished a three year Bachelors and got a degree in business economics with the focus being in Japanese. Anime/Mangas, especially DBZ, has made me into what I am today!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Good idea new movie Akurat Goodyear Jobs; ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom