New Gameplay Videos

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So a few things. This is mostly aimed at people who have been playing ESF 1.2.3 for years and are coming into the next version of the game from that perspective.

The first thing I want to say is that the next version of the game will not be like ESF 1.2.3 (the current stable version of ESF released). It's not going to be like 1.1 or 1.0, and it's certainly not going to be like any of the alphas. You have to look at the game as a reimagination of ESF, something different and separate than what 1.2.3 is.

I've been apart of this community for almost ten years, and I think the biggest thing I've learned from here is that people do not like change. When the ESF team released beta 1.1, there were hate threads made. And let me tell you something, ESF 1.1 was a triumph of human achievement, 1.1 was seriously amazing. There were even more hate threads when ESF 1.2 was released, and I'm pretty sure that I even made one. I think the entire community who was still playing ESF 1.1 left when ESF 1.2 was released, sans like, 4 people, and do you know what? ESF 1.2 is also a great version of a great thing, and if those people stuck around, they would have saw that. I know in my heart that we're going to experience the same thing when the next version of ESF is released, and I just want to scream at everyone and tell them not to be so quick to judge the game negatively. It's going to be a monumental change to something that you know and love, and I can understand, but ESF 1.2.3 has had it's time, we need to let the next version of the game have a shot too.

I'm not saying that the game shouldn't be criticized based off of this video, I just want it to be known that if you're going into the next version expecting 1.2.3, you're not going to be happy.

The last thing I'm going to say that the game still isn't done, and tweaks need to be made in order for the game to be the best game it can be. There were videos released during 1.2's development which showed a charged swoop. That is, you had to charge your swoop like a beam, and once released, you started to swoop for an amount of time based on how long you charged... which would have been terrible. So that's also something to keep in mind, I suppose.

In terms of this video, I will agree that it's not perfect. To name two big things off the top of my head, I think that the dust effect needs to be toned down quite a bit, because it can be extremely hard to see what's going on at times, and the ki pool needs to be set as well. I'm not a tester anymore, but in the last version I played, there was unlimited ki. If you were to give unlimited ki to players in 1.2.3, 1.2.3 would play terribly, so I think that that's something to keep in mind. I'm also not sure if it's the animation or what, but there are times in the video where it's just awkard after melee, and that's something that can hopefully be addressed too.

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Pressing and holding the Turbo button while swooping gives you that speed boost that can be seen in the Cell Games teaser when Vegeta starts to swoop over the Cell ring.

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Redid the video, rendering and will reupload soon
Looking forward to it. I say it's pretty awesome to see some game-play none the less, the effects look absolutely amazing, the map looks amazing, the models look awesome too!

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
For now it is posted in Force Pit, the public will probably see it a tad later.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well I won't comment on what Shadi/Sub and the rest said cause I kinda agree with them.

So the explosions surpassed my expectations, they are how I wanted them to be but I expected them to be kinda small.

Good Job

ps: Masta noooooob!

Wannabe Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
For now it is posted in Force Pit, the public will probably see it a tad later.
How long is a "a tad later".

I thought you were making a video to replace the 2 on the front page because it seemed like you wanted them off..

Like a Boss? :O
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The first thing I want to say is that the next version of the game will not be like ESF 1.2.3 (the current stable version of ESF released). It's not going to be like 1.1 or 1.0, and it's certainly not going to be like any of the alphas. You have to look at the game as a reimagination of ESF, something different and separate than what 1.2.3 is. I just want it to be known that if you're going into the next version expecting 1.2.3, you're not going to be happy.
Exactly this.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I like writing long posts entirely too much.

Best answers
really awesome video! if its so far you really could do option 2 and release it in two versions.........

btw is there a pushback when a beam strikes near by u? looks somehow like it

but really it looks ******* awesome! u guys really made the best dragonball game ever! cant wait to get my hands on it^^

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
So a few things. This is mostly aimed at people who have been playing ESF 1.2.3 for years and are coming into the next version of the game from that perspective.

The first thing I want to say is that the next version of the game will not be like ESF 1.2.3 (the current stable version of ESF released). It's not going to be like 1.1 or 1.0, and it's certainly not going to be like any of the alphas. You have to look at the game as a reimagination of ESF, something different and separate than what 1.2.3 is.

I've been apart of this community for almost ten years, and I think the biggest thing I've learned from here is that people do not like change. When the ESF team released beta 1.1, there were hate threads made. And let me tell you something, ESF 1.1 was a triumph of human achievement, 1.1 was seriously amazing. There were even more hate threads when ESF 1.2 was released, and I'm pretty sure that I even made one. I think the entire community who was still playing ESF 1.1 left when ESF 1.2 was released, sans like, 4 people, and do you know what? ESF 1.2 is also a great version of a great thing, and if those people stuck around, they would have saw that. I know in my heart that we're going to experience the same thing when the next version of ESF is released, and I just want to scream at everyone and tell them not to be so quick to judge the game negatively. It's going to be a monumental change to something that you know and love, and I can understand, but ESF 1.2.3 has had it's time, we need to let the next version of the game have a shot too.

I'm not saying that the game shouldn't be criticized based off of this video, I just want it to be known that if you're going into the next version expecting 1.2.3, you're not going to be happy.

The last thing I'm going to say that the game still isn't done, and tweaks need to be made in order for the game to be the best game it can be. There were videos released during 1.2's development which showed a charged swoop. That is, you had to charge your swoop like a beam, and once released, you started to swoop for an amount of time based on how long you charged... which would have been terrible. So that's also something to keep in mind, I suppose.

In terms of this video, I will agree that it's not perfect. To name two big things off the top of my head, I think that the dust effect needs to be toned down quite a bit, because it can be extremely hard to see what's going on at times, and the ki pool needs to be set as well. I'm not a tester anymore, but in the last version I played, there was unlimited ki. If you were to give unlimited ki to players in 1.2.3, 1.2.3 would play terribly, so I think that that's something to keep in mind. I'm also not sure if it's the animation or what, but there are times in the video where it's just awkard after melee, and that's something that can hopefully be addressed too.
Hmmm do you think that this is part of the reason they asked the community if we want for full release or a phase 1-phase 2?

Because phase 1 will be more or less like 1.2.3 (deathmatch-team deathmatch) with better graphics and gamestyle(new melee/swoop etc). So that way the community will learn the game playing in deathmatch like we are used to, before they add the additional stuff (more transformations/game modes etc) and that way the change wont be too hard on the community.

I didn't think that way before, maybe the poll would be different (if we suppose that most voted without thinking that part) if people voted with that in mind.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I gotta agree with Shadi about the melee. It looks too random. And this multiple-hit melee is overused IMO, Y U no use the good ol' 1-hit melee (like in 1.2)?
But maybe I say that because I'm in love with 1.2's melee.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The second vid melee from 0:02 to 0:06 made my **** ROCK HARD !

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most hits i got from melee was 5. But there is the thing. Instant recovery is available to anyone if he sacrifices stamina for it. He can break out at any time, but looking the stamina is like a death penalty itself.

Shadi you said angle hits will be impossible. Thats not true. They are possible, just about 20 times harder than in 1.2.

The physics in the knock backs still have their kinks to work out, but thats not what this video is showing. Its just a random stress testing session that was recorded. Some effects are also playing where they shouldnt be. Your concerns are pretty much the same as they were with people going from 1.1 to 1.2

"1.1 was great, 1.2 is to easy and to slow" that was the major comment.

Oh and "Super Turbo" as dalte calls it (dont listen to his bogus naming sense) is charged Turbo. Its been in the open betas.

Overall my opinion is that the game is harder to master, but picking it up is easier than 1.2 since its system is less complex.

Now i know people will argue that its worse. That happened with every version be it from 2.0 to 1.0 or from 1.1 to 1.2. But dont base your assumptions on this video. As said its just a random stress test we had.

As for the no skill beam beam run tactics. Out of all the people in the server only 2 had a ping below 280 and 1 of those 2 didnt know what his KI is or where exactly he was aiming.

But yea i agree, the cameras can get annoying at times.

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
keep in mind that all cameras can be disabled cl_camprovider 0

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
God this game looks so fun for casual play. Viva la beamspam <3

EDIT: also, homing attacks ? :O

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The game is incredible. The best DragonBall Z game. Is the game i always wanted. Thanks guys is perfect.

For the ESF Team

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Wow now that was hectic lol! I love the FX and the beams and the explosions! They are perfect in every way and please leave the amount of dust the same as it is now, I think it adds to the gameplay and feel of DBZ. Only a few issues I am concerned with really. That Final Flash exploded next to Vegeta in close proximity but that should of either killed him or leave him with very little health but since I can't see the HUD it's impossible to tell what effect it had on him. My other issues are just with some animation glitches like when he hit the ground and started rolling, when he touched the water he started rolling in 1 spot without traveling, it looked weird as hell; and the shadows seem a bit broken at different angles.

Melee looks really fun and everyone against it can't talk because we don't even know all the melee animations of even 1 character, nevermind the rest... I find it normal to come to ESF Final and look at it as a new game, think that you will have to probably spend a few minutes pressing all the buttons to see what they do, how the melee animations look like so you know when to click your mouse instead of spamming that left click and hope for the best, get used to the Ki burn, the ping and the swoops. Like @Grega said before, the system is still like rock, paper, scissors just like it was in 1.2.3 with the 3 main melee systems beating each other.

In the end, I think it would be much easier to create a vid of a duel 1 v 1 for starters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom