Kill Count Bonuses/Death Count Bonuses

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
As the Thread Title says, would it be possible to implement a sort of Call of Duty kill/support streak bonus system. Or have some sort of milestones per game that grant you bonuses? I think it would be quite fun to have something like Person x gets 10 kills -> receives 0.5 speed bonus. Person y gets killed 10 times -> 1.0 speed bonus. Replace [speed] with any other attribute, even Ki burn. You get the idea.

I think that character progression is very important for a game. I mean once you reach SSJ3 Goku there should be something to still progress to. This could also be used to level the playing field between opponents or bullies.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I think PL alone is a huge bonus xD

Maybe as a separate plugin or option that you can disable? (sounds fun in an ffa server)

Best answers
that sounds like a really fun idea.....

x kills grants an instant signature move attack (no cast time)
x kills grants a instant generic beam (no cast time)
x kills grants your ki blasts to shoot 50% faster for 5 seconds?
x kills grants 2 free teleports (cost no power

etc., etc.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Still think CoD single handed-ly killed the fun in fps mp games for me, so no thanks. They can keep their damn rewards/levels. All it serves to do is put an even larger gap between those that have been playing the game for a while, and those just picking it up.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Who ever thought of the kill streak idea in CoD should be shot on sight. It totally throws gameplay out the window in favor of "OHHH SHINY"

Kill streaks ruin any fun CoD multiplayer may have.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Who ever thought of the kill streak idea in CoD should be shot on sight. It totally throws gameplay out the window in favor of "OHHH SHINY"

Kill streaks ruin any fun CoD multiplayer may have.
Depends if you're able to get them or not, and some are fair does.. but things like MOAB or nuke (which will be removed in BO 2 once released) are very lame.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Im referring to MW 1

You have 3 of them.

1 UAV that reveals the positions of all enemies

1 Helicopter that circles round shooting any enemy that moves

1 Airstrike that practically never hits as long as the targets are moving (though could be deadly in combination with the UAV)

The thing is once you get the chopper, you are guaranteed to get a second one just from the kills that thing makes.

Its a broken system, that removes skill from the game in favor of something to look at.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I didn't play much MW1 tbh...

But 2 and mostly 3 you have stingers and things to down a chopper so unless you do want to get killed you can prevent it..

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
You could take down the chopper in MW1 as well.. doesn't change that everything Grega said is true. The same can be said for the level system in Battlefield (not just talking about 3... going ALL the way back to BF2 for this one), just another way to give players that have been around for a while an even further gap for new players.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, to be honest Call of Duty isn't meant to be a true competitive game. It is meant to be a High Rush, Full Action Blockbuster, similar to Michael Bay movies. Its supposed to be a spectacle box full of fun, and both the Single And Multi-player follow that specification. It is because of that COD is so popular. Just jump in, see the awesomeness and enjoy. I don't really have a problem with that. But it would stink if everybody tried to become COD.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
But that's kind of already happening isn't it Z? Every time a new FPS comes out, you see the exp you earn every time you get a kill, you see that level bar go up, and you have people unlocking guns/attachments that make it totally unfair for those that buy the game 2 or even 3 months down the line. Now they are stuck fighting, not only people who know the maps back, front and side to side.. but also have the stronger/faster reload/more accurate/better over all weapons making it 0 fun because now it's not always a persons skill making them better, it's just that they have spent more time.

Sure that gap will still close over x amount of time, provided that it doesn't upset the new player enough to make them quit, but the point really is that the players that have been around longer already have an advantage with knowledge of the maps/basic game mechanics.. do you REALLY need to give them another advantage over new players?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
We made a plugin for this for NNK.... It makes things soooo broken its not even funny...

Force Pit Member
Best answers
macdaddymario is right yet again. I started playing BF3 a month ago since there was this discount that made it really cheap so I thought what the heck. And damn was I steamrolled by everybody! I didn't even know you could tag enemies! :p And I still only play like 2 maps, because those are the ones I know. On Op. Firestorm I tried to play as a recon (sniper) and I looked around, and I could barely zoom in on the guy that killed me with this insane large ass long-range rifle he had. GG!

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
But that's kind of already happening isn't it Z? Every time a new FPS comes out, you see the exp you earn every time you get a kill, you see that level bar go up, and you have people unlocking guns/attachments that make it totally unfair for those that buy the game 2 or even 3 months down the line. Now they are stuck fighting, not only people who know the maps back, front and side to side.. but also have the stronger/faster reload/more accurate/better over all weapons making it 0 fun because now it's not always a persons skill making them better, it's just that they have spent more time.

Sure that gap will still close over x amount of time, provided that it doesn't upset the new player enough to make them quit, but the point really is that the players that have been around longer already have an advantage with knowledge of the maps/basic game mechanics.. do you REALLY need to give them another advantage over new players?
You can start with UMP + rapid fire already level 1 meaning you can have a [noparse]K:D[/noparse] ratio of 4:1 as a level one easily. It's about how you play.. the only advantage is experience.. everything else can be obtained in level 10 or so.. which takes about an hour or 2 to reach if you don't have that patience it's your own problem.

I don't know about Battlefield.. but you guys are right and it won't fit for esf.. and I don't know how BF3 is exactly..

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Battlefield 3 is one of the most balanced games out there. I still feel it is easier to get kills with the first gun you have. Yeah, you can unlock new guns, but so far they only seem to add in new aesthetics and feel. None of them are blatantly OP. You can unlock longer range sights just by playing with your gun for a while.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Z, currently the best gun (stat wise) in BF3 is the M16A4, it's like.. the 4th or so assault rifle you unlock, reload speed without one in the chamber is like 1.9 seconds, and with a round left is close to 1.4 or something like that. Fastest reload in the game. It also does like low 20ish damage at range and mid to high in close quarters. So you get the best of both worlds in that regard. Slap an extended mag on that B, you can run around owning face for a little while before someone finally gets a drop on you/lucky headshot. Same deal with CoD as stated.

Shadi, you're missing the point. Point is, even if it's only 2 hours, that kind of gap in pure equipment alone shouldn't be there. It should be nothing but skill from moment 1 for all players, be it launch day, or 3 years down the line. Hence the need for balance, and a system that is easy for new players to learn, but difficult to master. The unlocks in recent games removes that buffer between new players, and those that have been playing for x amount of time. I mean, you hop into a server with a dude that has ninja pro, lightweight pro the best sniper rifle and some other pro perk, and you're level 1... you'll be lucky to get 2 or 3 kills that game. That's ALL because of his perks/unlocks. Make it a level playing field, that new player may see something more like 6 or 7 kills a game.. not much better, far from great, but gives the player that "HELL YEA" feeling when they are getting some kills.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Z, currently the best gun (stat wise) in BF3 is the M16A4, it's like.. the 4th or so assault rifle you unlock, reload speed without one in the chamber is like 1.9 seconds, and with a round left is close to 1.4 or something like that. Fastest reload in the game. It also does like low 20ish damage at range and mid to high in close quarters. So you get the best of both worlds in that regard. Slap an extended mag on that B, you can run around owning face for a little while before someone finally gets a drop on you/lucky headshot. Same deal with CoD as stated.

Shadi, you're missing the point. Point is, even if it's only 2 hours, that kind of gap in pure equipment alone shouldn't be there. It should be nothing but skill from moment 1 for all players, be it launch day, or 3 years down the line. Hence the need for balance, and a system that is easy for new players to learn, but difficult to master. The unlocks in recent games removes that buffer between new players, and those that have been playing for x amount of time. I mean, you hop into a server with a dude that has ninja pro, lightweight pro the best sniper rifle and some other pro perk, and you're level 1... you'll be lucky to get 2 or 3 kills that game. That's ALL because of his perks/unlocks. Make it a level playing field, that new player may see something more like 6 or 7 kills a game.. not much better, far from great, but gives the player that "HELL YEA" feeling when they are getting some kills.
The gap ain't a lot though.. a level 1 can easily annihilate a level 80 or whatever.. but I do understand your point I just think it hasn't done that much of a difference.. but it shouldn't be there in ESF:F, maybe a separate plugin later can be suggested

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I can understand the use of a plug-in for this sort of thing, if later on people want to do something like this, I wont deny that. I just worry that at some point all the servers would run this sort of plug-in.. That's kinda what happen to TS. People made that silly RP mod, and all the DM/TDM/other game modes died out, they are all RP servers now, save like 1 or 2.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I can understand the use of a plug-in for this sort of thing, if later on people want to do something like this, I wont deny that. I just worry that at some point all the servers would run this sort of plug-in.. That's kinda what happen to TS. People made that silly RP mod, and all the DM/TDM/other game modes died out, they are all RP servers now, save like 1 or 2.
What I thought about ECX/EVM lol..

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
WTF this has turned into a FPS thread? Everybody please get back on the subject of the OP. I dont think everyone got the idea (or read my post) of what I was saying so I will type it again. I was saying that there should be a Kills bonus as well as a Deaths bonus.
it would be quite fun to have something like Person x gets 10 kills -> receives 0.5 speed bonus. Person y gets killed 10 times -> 1.0 speed bonus. Replace [speed] with any other attribute, even Ki burn. You get the idea.
But this is just as an example, there could be more bonuses like Killing with Melee for first time or x times or Killing with a beam for the first or x times could grant you a permanent or temporary bonus to your damage of that particular attack. Evading a beam within a certain range could grant you a permanent/temporary speed increase etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom