Kill Count Bonuses/Death Count Bonuses

Discord Member
Best answers
what about damage bonuses on combos? say if u hit a 8 hit combo u do a little more damage. or it ALLOWS you to use a certain special. say u have masenko .... a lot of the time Gohan does a combo before hand. u wouldnt b allowed to do said move until u hit a combo of 3-5

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
WTF this has turned into a FPS thread? Everybody please get back on the subject of the OP. I dont think everyone got the idea (or read my post) of what I was saying so I will type it again. I was saying that there should be a Kills bonus as well as a Deaths bonus.

But this is just as an example, there could be more bonuses like Killing with Melee for first time or x times or Killing with a beam for the first or x times could grant you a permanent or temporary bonus to your damage of that particular attack. Evading a beam within a certain range could grant you a permanent/temporary speed increase etc.
It turned into an FPS thread because you wanted to add a system that is used in many FPS's of today. Some FPS's even add things for x amount of deaths without a kill. This is a system that 'belongs' there, seeing as they have more or less killed the genre with it. Because again, with this system, you are just making the gap between new players, and those that have been around for months or even years before, that much larger. Because eventually those death bonuses aren't going to mean a thing, because the player doing all the killing is going to know how to avoid the player with the death bonus until it runs out.

You can't let the death bonus continue to long, or else it again ruins balance. Take for example an advanced player, playing a TDM game.. gets a death bonus on purpose. Now he is faster then everyone in the server, flys around doing damage to everyone on the other team, but not getting a kill. Now that team has an unfair advantage ON TOP of the better player. This is the reason it would need to run on a timer, and not last until your next kill. In return it would do nothing but make the gap larger between new and old players.

what about damage bonuses on combos? say if u hit a 8 hit combo u do a little more damage. or it ALLOWS you to use a certain special. say u have masenko .... a lot of the time Gohan does a combo before hand. u wouldnt b allowed to do said move until u hit a combo of 3-5
Doing that to Gohan would remove any beam attacks (save generic beam) from base Gohan. I know you used it as an example, but the principal remains the same. If you do that with 1 character, you HAVE to do it with the rest, not the exact same thing, but you have to take something away that they can only do after x combo to maintain balance in the system.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
It turned into an FPS thread because you wanted to add a system that is used in many FPS's of today. Some FPS's even add things for x amount of deaths without a kill. This is a system that 'belongs' there.
Dat post = +1

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks Shadi. I know I sound like I'm dogging the ideas people are coming up with.. but that's really not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to explain why, while those ideas work in other types of games, and some of them pull these ideas off well enough, they just don't belong in ESF.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Thanks Shadi. I know I sound like I'm dogging the ideas people are coming up with.. but that's really not what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to explain why, while those ideas work in other types of games, and some of them pull these ideas off well enough, they just don't belong in ESF.
I know man, you want the best for the team I think everybody knows that. :)!

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Now im still against this idea, but let me ask you this.

Why would we need to waste time coding in a SECOND bonus system that relies on kills deaths, when we already have a bonus system in place and are removing Kills/Deaths from determining your score in the server.

You will be scored on how much PL you gain by hurting others. AKA awards for fighting people who are stronger than you and so on.

The K/D ratio will not matter AT ALL in your score. Hell The only reason it would be in the score board would be pure information value.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Because...
I think that character progression is very important for a game. I mean once you reach SSJ3 Goku there should be something to still progress to. This could also be used to level the playing field between opponents or bullies.
What is there to strive for after you reach your max transformation besides gaining PL? (Btw I cant remember, does PL give you an increase in damage/speed/health/ki/etc? If it does, then yes this system I am suggesting would be useless.)

I just got another relevant idea. How about adding in the option to use your Tier Bonuses for temporary boosts instead of a just a high powered combo. Lets say you are fighting against a faster character like Gohan SSJ2, maybe you could use the Tier point(s) to boost your speed temporarily in order to defeat Gohan.

Last edited:
Discord Member
Best answers
the higher your PL the less DAMAGE you take. i forget if u do more damage as well .... but i do know u take a lot less damage for sure.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
more PL = less damage taken and more damage dealt.

As for what to strive for. If you are striving for transformations, then you are playing the wrong game. The goal is to win the match. Characters are reset each round, so you restart from your base PL every time. The goal is to get X amount of points before anyone else so that you can proclaim yourself the greatest.

I thought the notion of deathmatch in the game mode name was sufficient explanation of the concept. this isnt a RPG where you strive to level up. Think Quake.

๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Grega, I guess people got it into their head that (since they are talking about adding FPS style perks) ESF would also include a persistent character. Pick Goku, play games and get a PL, quite that game go to another one with the same PL from the game you left and continue to gain PL.. While that would be a nice idea for a DBZ game (thought HUGE amounts of balance issues would be called into question), it's not how ESF is made.

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
Nah thats not what I had in mind when I made the suggestion. I just thought the game would be more interesting if made so that you always strive for more power by completing these milestones every round so that your character (whichever that may be) would not be stagnating.

Seems a bit weird being that you are all against the FPS system since thats where Deathmatch mode was born using the same concepts that @Grega said. Plus there will be other game modes in the Final version as well right?

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Nah thats not what I had in mind when I made the suggestion. I just thought the game would be more interesting if made so that you always strive for more power by completing these milestones every round so that your character (whichever that may be) would not be stagnating.

Seems a bit weird being that you are all against the FPS system since thats where Deathmatch mode was born using the same concepts that @Grega said. Plus there will be other game modes in the Final version as well right?
With gamemode do you mean like mp_gamemode in esf 1.2.3, or more like CoD gamemodes?

Only go forward sideways
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
I mean like collect the Dragon Balls, Team Deathmatch or something like Capture the Flag kind of thing(My favourite mode). Would be interesting to have to fend off enemies as you try to protect your territory with your allies. Or have to protect your territory WHILE having to collect the dragon balls. Even better.

Also will bots be available for those game modes or just Deathmatch?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally I want that Juggernaut type gamemode that I think was Spunky or Sub who made it. "Brolly" was what it was called. A character gets over powered and fends off many people constantly.

The thing about Killstreaks and such are what I do not want to see in this game. I could see an additional gamemade made with powerups laying around on the ground, but these things can easily be down with AMXX if it is supported.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, that Brolly gamemode is awesome. I still have it on my computer. Spunky made that, but I basically begged him to.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I am hoping we get a gamemode like that. If not we shall have hopefully have AMXX to rely on for it.

Discord Member
Best answers
hmmmm anyone have dl lnk for that brolly game?

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I am hoping we get a gamemode like that. If not we shall have hopefully have AMXX to rely on for it.
AMXX creates wonders. However, I don't know how it'll be with 1.3 I hope the team takes that into account. I don't want to end up giving rcon to everyone :p

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
AMXX should be normally supported.

Probably going to be a ***** to mess with stuff like attacks and characters though.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
AMXX should be normally supported.

Probably going to be a ***** to mess with stuff like attacks and characters though.
Sorry to open up a dead thread, but We thought so too with NNK but we found a way to do it. We added Rock Lee into NNK as a character to test out how it works. It only has some bugs that can be fixed easy but its possible. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom